[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to Japan for my honeymoon in about two weeks. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: raamen-title-e1326753551102.jpg (131KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
raamen-title-e1326753551102.jpg
131KB, 800x600px
I am going to Japan for my honeymoon in about two weeks.

The cities I'll visit will be Tokyo, Hakone, Nagoya, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Himeji

I can speak Japanese and I have been there before in 2013,
Any restaurants / restaurant neigborhood recomendations?
e.g. Kani Douraku, Dotonbori in Osaka, etc
>>
>>8695380
Do you like fish? Go to tsukiji fish market and eat anywhere there. All good stuff. If you stumble across the rice ball vendor, get like a dozen, eat them later. Find a sushi place, spare no expense.
>>
>>8695396
I do love fish. Last time I was in Japan, I did not have a chance to go there unfortunely.
I'll definetly go there this time though. Thanks
>>
File: fud.jpg (363KB, 1400x930px) Image search: [Google]
fud.jpg
363KB, 1400x930px
>>8695380
I had some really good okonomiyaki at Chibo / 千房 in Osaka dotonbori area. It was packed as hell, I think it must be a touristy place and maybe overpriced, but it was so good. Might be better places, though, I was only visiting.

Buuut if you're going to be in that kyoto/nara/osaka area, consider staying a night in one of the lodging temples at Koyasan. The monks make some amazing vegetarian food (pic related), and will serve you dinner and breakfast to your room. Also, the graveyard there is incredible. If I was going on a honeymoon that'd be my #1 cool romantic thing.
>>
>>8695380
go to one of those inns where you get the 20 course meals with a geisha serving you/
>>
>>8695752
Thanks for the tip, this sounds amazing!
>>
>>8695417
I hear that since it became a tourist spot the workers there hate dirty gaijins.
The place stinks too
>>
>>8695380
Matt Miller what are you doing on fucking 4 chan
>>
>>8695380
what is love like? how did you meet your honeymoon person?
>>
>>8695752
>>8695380

I live in Dotonbori. Chibo and Kanidouraku are tourist traps.

Fukutaro is a great okonomiyaki place. Often need to queue outside but worth it.

Not far from there is Ganko Ramen which is in the middle of a tourist traps but is amazing.

Takoyaki Ebisu is also close to there and is my favourite takoyaki place.

Endo Sushi is easily as good as anything around Tsukiji and the market is nowhere near as much of a tourist destination. I take visitors there.

A good quality spring kaiseki meal should be eaten at least once. Depends on your budget. You'll find michelin starred places which cost as little as 15,000 up to 30,000 yen+ for the most famous 3-star places - although they tend to be really small (maybe room for 12 people) so it will probably be too late to book them. If you are staying in Hakone at a decent place they will almost certainly have a kaiseki course.

The kaiseki will be the thing you remember. Japanese people don't stand for bad food - especially in Osaka - so just about anywhere will be good. Shit places go out of business fast, with the exception of all the busy ones in Dotonbori Street that make a fortune from the busloads of Chinese tourists.
>>
>>8695396
Sushi Dai at Tsukiji fish market is the best sushi I've ever had.

I remembered reading they were going to be moving the fish market and processing to another part of the city?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.