[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spaghetti sauces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: spaghetti.jpg (154KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.jpg
154KB, 736x1104px
Hello friends i was wondering if you have any good home recepie spaghetti sauces you could tell me about and show me
i'm looking to impress my friends with my cooking but i'm not sure what sauce to make for the spaghetti. please help
>>
>>8694354
Buy some pesto from your local supermarket and mix in in with some olive oil into the pasta.
>>
>>8694362
>Buy some (...) from your local supermarket
/ck/, everybody!
>>
File: 19939948440.jpg (189KB, 650x998px) Image search: [Google]
19939948440.jpg
189KB, 650x998px
>>8694354

Francaise is super easy to make.

2 cups chicken stock
4 Tbs butter
4 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 tbs minced onion
.25 cup fresh chopped parsley

Here's the tricky part, throw all that shit together (except the parsley) in a sauce pan and reduce by half. Add to cooked pasta, toss in fresh parsley, mix, serve.

Easy peasy m8.

If you REALLY want to wow them, fry up some chicken cutlets to go with this pasta, coating it in the same sauce.
>>
File: 1489256322919.jpg (102KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1489256322919.jpg
102KB, 1252x1252px
>>8694367
>You should only eat food you farmed yourself
>>
>>8694392
make your own fucking pesto, god damn fucking frogposter
>>
>>8694407

Pesto isn't hard to make, just expensive. Pine nuts and cheese being the most expensive ingredients. Parsley, oil and basil leaves aren't expensive at all.
>>
>>8694354
a simple one assuming you don't know much about cooking but want to do a simple thing properly.

onion
garlic
FRESH basil
dried oregano
chili flakes
salt & pepper
olive oil
jar or can of passata (just blended tomatoes)

>mince the onions and garlic and sweat in a decent amount of olive oil on medium heat. add a pinch of salt and pepper at this point
>big pinch of dried oregano
>small pinch of chili flakes
>cook for like 10 more seconds
>add can of passata
>let this cook down while stirring occasionally, it's gonna splatter the shit out of your stovetop though
>stack the basil and cut it into thin ribbons
>when the sauce is thick kill the heat and add the basil and stir it in
>you might have too much sauce, add the sauce to the amount of pasta you cooked, don't dump the pasta into the sauce, now you have extra sauce for next time.

this is a really simple one, but it tastes perfect every time and always makes people happy.

you could grill italian sausages and peppers to throw on top, sprinkle parm, add more fresh basil leaves, whatever. it's versatile.
>>
i find the collective wisdom on how to make a 'good' tomato sauce intensely variable. some recipes you cook them for a long time, sometimes for no time at all, sometimes just tomatoes and butter, sometimes you NEED onions and garlic and olive oil, sometimes oregano, sometimes basil, etc.

so my question is: what *can't* you do with tomatoes to make a sauce? it seems like everything is permitted. does that mean anything is, and i shouldn't give a shit about recipes?
>>
>>8694411
>Pesto isn't hard to make, just expensive
sorry, but is this supposed to be some kind of criticism? because when i cook for guests, i tend to invest some money and do as much as stuff as i can myself. quite the opposite of when i'm cooking for myself
>>
>>8694432
>it seems like everything is permitted

Sort of. There are different styles of tomato sauce that are meant to be used in different dishes and/or come from different culinary traditions. Factor in that different people have different preferences, some recipes take shortcuts while others don't, and that a lot of the recipes you find on the internet are just plain 100% shit, yeah, you're going to find a lot of variability.
>>
>>8694435

How many McChicken posters are entertaining anyone other than their waifu pillow. Let's be honest here. How many of them own a food processor or blender to make pesto fresh in the first place? Not many...

If you're serving house guests pesto, you're cheap. Singlemans dinner, yes, pesto is expensive.
>>
>>8694454
i really don't know what you're even trying to say
>>
>>8694432
Nothing is true; everything is permitted
>>
>>8694464

Who makes small batches of pesto? Making an entire batch of fresh pesto for yourself is expensive when it's just for one, as most will go to waste before use. Ergo; loss of money.

Spending $20 on ingredients for a large group of people for one meal is cheap. Comprendo?
>>
>>8694354
I just starteddoing a great recipe at home. It's linguine with shrimp.

You need: shrimp, linguine, grape tomatoes, lemon, heavy cream, garlic, olive oil

toss the grape tomatoes in a pan with garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. roast at 375 for 25 minutes.

halfway in put your linguine in a boiling pot.

Take out your tomatoes, they should b split. Turn on the gas, add a cup of cream, and squash the tomatoes with your spoon. Once the cream is reduced slightly, add your shrimp (peeled and deveined) and cook until they curl up. add a squeeze of lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped parsley, add your pasta, toss and serve.
>>
>>8694390
you forgot the white wine and capers. Otherwise agreed
>>
>>8694392
Subsistence farming is absolute kino
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.