[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese recipe help / Chinese cuisine thread I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: platchinois liudaokou.jpg (128KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
platchinois liudaokou.jpg
128KB, 525x700px
Can I get some help from my Chinese pengyous here? Or any cook that know Chinese

I've got this recipe that I want to try because it looks like sth I loved eating when I was living in Beijing, but the last two steps I can't translate well.

http://www.douguo.com/cookbook/1343377.html
Do you have to take out the liquid marinade in step 4 and cook it in a pan until it reduces, then add it back to the meat?
Also in steps 4 and 5 I don't get what bakes and for how long...

Please /ck/, you're my last hope
谢谢大家
>>
>>8692938
I ain't your pengyou, pal.
>>
>>8692938
Why not just ask one of your chinky friends in Beijing?
Oh, wait.....
>>
>>8692938
Reusing a marinade is 3rd world. It's not good food safety sense. Killed bacteria still produce toxins.

Just make it fresh.
>>
>>8692944
implying what?
>>
>>8692946
if you just reuse it the same afternoon and cook it I don't think there's a problem unless you live in quarantine fragility space
>>
>>8692938
I see no mention of doing anything to the marinade.

Step 3 tells you the temperature to bake the meat at, step 4 tells you how long, and to brush the meat with the marinade every 5 mins 4 times. Then sprinkle sesame seeds at 20 mins and bake for 10 more mins
The last step just tells you the total time you're baking the meat, 30 mins.
>>
>>8692990
thanks a lot m8

I didn't see anything about leaving the foil flat or wrapping it around the meat, is it just me?
>>
>>8692992
Nope, no mention of that either. Though I guess you're supposed to based on the pictures. It's an awfully worded recipe
>>
>>8693003
i find too, but I really wanted this specific dish (from this restaurant http://www.dianping.com/shop/32881943 ) and it's the only thing I found...

Do you know good sources/videos for chinese cuisine?
>>
>>8693031
>Do you know good sources/videos for chinese cuisine?
YouTube?
>>
>>8693031
Afaik us chinks don't record recipes. Everything is based on "feel" or learnt from someone.
>>
>>8693054

I happen to know that there is a government standard for Chinese cooks/chefs that covers specific recipes, the same way that the International Bartender's Association has standard recipes for various cocktails. I have seen a copy of the recipe book, but it was written in Chinese so I couldn't read it. I would love to know if there was an English translation of something like that.

Also, weren't there any famous Chinese chefs who wrote well-known cookbooks? I would imagine there must be a Chinese equivalent to Escoffier in French cooking.
>>
>>8693054
tfw

>>8693069
Where did you find this book? I want it!

for Italian cuisine you have a couple of basics on this website : http://www.itchefs-gvci.com/index.php

I don't know if we have it in France, but Robuchon's books are pretty safe if you want to know the basics
>>
>>8693086
>Where did you find this book?

I saw it in an episode of the original Japanese Iron Chef that was dubbed in English for the Food Network back in the 90's. At the beginning of each episode they would discuss the background and achievements of the challenging chef before the actual competition would start. I don't remember which episode it was, but the challenger was a Chinese chef, and they showed a picture of the book while discussing how he rapidly climbed the ladder of Chinese Gov't standards and earned a very high ranking at a young age.
>>
>>8693102
ok will try and find it, thanks
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.