[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk chickun...white meat or dark meat, and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: chicken.jpg (120KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
120KB, 580x326px
Let's talk chickun...white meat or dark meat, and why?
>>
you have to consider the whole...
more flavor, less convenience...
less price, more fat...
the zen of the chicken...
>>
if making soup, then a mix of white and dark meat

if anything else (stir fry etc), probably white meat
>>
>>8692788
If you prefer white meat, you don't actually like chicken.

Dark meat, always. I fucking hate white meat, and when I cook a whole chicken, I gave the entire breast to my dog
>>
dark meat, but I'll also eat wings
Breasts are absolute garbage tier
>>
>>8692834
>If you prefer white meat, you don't actually like chicken.
I don't believe this is true unless you just plain old don't like dark meat at all, for anything, and think nobody should ever eat it. that's like saying if you don't like whole milk, you don't like milk.

>I gave the entire breast to my dog
well then you have a lucky dog I guess.

I mean, I guess I'm biased because I used to unilaterally hate dark meat due to its gaminess. then I realised how useful it is for flavour and learned to appreciate it. now I like it, but I still feel like it's a bit strong for some dishes.

am I the only person here who is actually able to taste something when they're eating white meat? do the rest of you feel like you're eating tofu when you eat it?
>>
>>8692855
White meat is dry, mealy, and tasteless
>>
>>8692834
>>8692848
>>8692864

Stop overcooking the fucking breasts and you'll realise they can be delicious.
>>
>>8692869
Breasts, even when cooked properly, can only be a delicious as the seasonings and marinades used. Dark meat provides a good flavor on its own, which is then enhanced with seasonings and marinades. The only exception to this is tendies.
>>
>>8692788
Dark meat has better flavor, white has better texture. Both are good.
>>
>>8692864
>hurdy dur hur hur dry meat is bad
Off yourself.
>>
Hearts.
>>
gizzards
>>
>>8692869
There's no reason to buy breasts when thighs are literally better in every way.
>>
>>8692788
If it isn't white, it isn't right
>>
File: 1488174750661.jpg (76KB, 634x432px)
1488174750661.jpg
76KB, 634x432px
>>8692788
Breasts are great because of form and nuanced flavour
Wings are terrific as snacks because of their low price and ease of deep fry
Drumsticks are divine slow roasted in spices, best fun to eat.
Thighs have highest concentration of flavour, great in stews or curries.
>>8694653
Hearts are ridiculously underrated, give them a bit of time and care, and you have one of the tastiest pieces of meat that money can buy at an as yet unexploited low price.
>>
>>8694901
what are u the fuckn chicken master, man?
>>
File: tNp5wfK[1].jpg (83KB, 640x480px)
tNp5wfK[1].jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>8692788
I prefer chicken knuckles desu, a rare delicacy.
>>
>>8694901
>wings
>low price
Whole leg quarters are cheaper.
>>
Thighs and drumsticks.
Personal preference.
All 4 of her boys wouldn't eat dinner if the chicken piece wasn't given to the right brother.
Eldest got breast, 2nd got wings, I got thigh or drumsticks, youngest pecked at his food til it got cold so he got whatever
>>
File: 1489434002821.png (492KB, 720x405px)
1489434002821.png
492KB, 720x405px
>>8694910
Just a man who has cooked a fair bit of chicken in his time.
>>8695612
This depends entirely on where you are in the world. I have found that the west prefers wings over legs, increasing the price. This is not so much the case east of Germany.
>>
Thigh>>>>>Neck>Drum>Wing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>breast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rib>>>>>>>>Giblets
>>
>>8692788
Anyone else /eating whole chicken like apple/ here? Nothing better than biting into the breast like some animal
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.