[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you use this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: moka.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
moka.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
Do you heat the water first, or do you start it cool?
Poll:
Do you use a fine, medium, or coarse grind?
Do you fill the filter/funnel to the top, or a little below?
Do you put the heat on low, medium-low, or medium?
Do you leave the lid open and take it off the heat as soon as it starts to pour out, after it turns a lighter color, or do you leave it closed and take it off as soon as you hear it bubble?
Do you let it sit in the pot for a while (how long?) or do you pour it immediately?
Do you drink it straight, or do you mix it with sugar and/or frothy milk and/or cream?
Or, are you a massive faggot who is going to masturbate your sad ego by replying to this thread just to tell me that I should make my coffee some other way?
>>
You're supposed to use it a bunch of times so it builds up a patina of polymerized lipids to protect from the aluminium coating, and if you use it daily, it doesn't require washing, much like a cast iron pan.

A moka pot is like a percolator, it's an obsolete way of making coffee, it doesn't make good "espresso", it doesn't make good coffee, and it literally gives you alzheimers.

Use literally ANYTHING else.
>>
Heat water first, put the stovetop on full blast, pour immediately, freshly ground beans on medium-fine

>>8688383
It makes something between drip brew and espresso and you're a faggot for not owning a stainless steel one
>>
>>8688383
>aluminum is bad for you
yeah sure, thanks anon.. I'll be sure to try and avoid the 5 billion random bits of aluminum I encounter on a day to day basis, including aluminum cans and aluminum foil...and all the aluminum floating around in the air..

BTW, I hope you're remembering to activate your almonds hourly, anon. I don't want you to die of ass cancer.

>>8688419
>full blast
Nothing like a steaming hot blast of burnt coffee spraying all over my kitchen to start the day.
>>
>>8688440

You're either over filling or overheating your shit dude. I have one and it only ever does that if I overfill it.

Unfortunately my girlfriend bought me one so I can never use anything else without offending her. I had been planning on getting a Aeropress.
>>
hot water generally tends to prevent bitterness by reducing exposure time

somewhere around a medium, but that might mean something different to you than me. grind size is the most important factor, due to it controlling the pressure of the chamber.

stove setting depends entirely on your stovetop. you shouldn't use the lowest setting, but the middle setting is likely a bit too high.

lid makes no difference. good too close once you see the color lighten to prevent splatter.

pour immediately as bubbling sound / lightning of color occurs

drink it however you like it
>>
>>8688341
Its my go to choice of making coffee after I dissed my french press.
Fill with cold water.
Use any coffee, I use fine grinded.
Put on medium heat
Remove when the bubbly sound.
Pour in cup
Drink your goddam coffee black.
>>
>>8688717
next step is turkish, anon

unless you spring for a real espresso machine

trust me. you'll never go back.
>>
>>8688383
>and it literally gives you alzheimers
Give the listicles a break.
>>
I did the whole brew several times without drinking thing to build up a nice coating of oil, or whatever...
I've tried cool and heated water, not sure what difference it actually made.
Always fill it to just below the valve.
I've used fine, medium, and coarse grinds, and with several different coffee blends.. they all seemed to work "fine" for me.
I've filled it to the top, or near the top.
I've tried all heat settings.. first time way too hot which was definitely a mistake.. second time too low which just didn't work at all, medium and medium-low both actually worked, but again, didn't notice much difference.
I've taken it off when it bubbled, and I've watched it and took it off when it turned "honey" colored... not sure about difference....
usually let it sit in the pot until it stops pouring out.

My real problem is, no matter what I try it turns out the same... it tastes fucking burnt and terrible and I have to mix sugar and cream into it to even stand drinking it.
And I'm using my favorite coffee blends that I normally brew different ways and always turn out delicious... I'm honestly not sure if I'm just fucking up somehow every time, or if I just don't personally like it brewed this way. I wish I could get some kind of moka pot wizard to make me a cup so I know what it's actually supposed to taste like.
I know its fucking retarded, but if I was certain I was doing it correctly I could probably learn to love it because its so fucking convenient and simple.. or it would be if I knew what the fuck I was doing... but I can't get this idea out of my head that I fucked it up and I'm just drinking terrible burnt coffee.
>>
>>8689897
Yeah, thats weird, I would assume it would be the coffee blend, but as you stated, its your usually blend.
I can definitely taste a difference from a cheap one and a more expensive one.
Not sure how you made it before, but that taste you obviously got used to.
Maybe this new way of brewing is something you also need to get used to.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.