[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poached eggs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 8412466254_b2f1000a2a_b.jpg (22KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
8412466254_b2f1000a2a_b.jpg
22KB, 420x236px
What's the point they're just ugly soft boiled eggs
>>
Don't be mad just cause you fuck them up everytime.
>>
>ugly
Take that back you shit. Poached eggs are beautiful
>>
>>8688338
this
>>
>>8688328
Eggs without grease.
>>
>>8688328
>ugly

Mate, that looks like a food vagina. Poached Eggs ftw.
>>
A poached egg is an egg at it's best.
>>
File: forrestgump.jpg (144KB, 472x354px) Image search: [Google]
forrestgump.jpg
144KB, 472x354px
My poached egg odyssey:

>everyone always bitches and complains about how hard poached eggs are to make and how messy they are so never bother to try it
>buy some silicone bowl deals that float in the water to "poach" eggs in because they are "so much easier!"
>take fucking forever
>eggs get stuck to them
>apparently have to oil them first
>eggs are now slimy and gross
>"wow, poached eggs suck" - my stupid brain
>finally try poaching an egg the "old fashioned way"
>crack egg in bowl, stir softly boiling water into a whirlpool, gently pour egg into center of it, wait 3 fucking minutes
>turns out fucking perfect first time, and every time after

What the fuck? Poached eggs are easy as fucking shit!

Why are people always fucking physically and mentally handicapped retards and why do I keep listening to their opinions?

I hate everyone.
>>
>>8688417
Yeah I was surprised at how easy they were to make. Along with some sautéed spinach and a bit of toast, it's a great breakfast that doesn't make me feel like shit.
>>
>>8688417
You don't even need to do the whirlpool bit. Poached eggs seemed to be surrounded with more bullshit superstition than pretty muich any other dish. How 'clean' your product is/ how much extraneous whisp there'll be is 100% tied to how fresh your egg is. A properly fresh egg can just be dropped into simmering water and come out perfectly. There's nothing else to it.
>>
>>8688452
I get my eggs from a local farm collective deal and they still have a few wisps.. I dont think it's worth keeping a coop of chickens in my closet to avoid that.
>>
>>8688388
neither do soft boiled eggs
>>
>>8688500
True, but I like the consistency it gives similar to a fried egg.

Also much easier for me to get runny yolk on a poached egg.
>>
if you can't get fresh eggs crack them into a tea strainer before you put them into the water.
>>
File: firstcamp1.jpg (23KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
firstcamp1.jpg
23KB, 400x236px
>>8688328
>>8688328
Poachers are the egg masterrace. Here is a rundown on the forms
Scrambled; most versatile, can be seasoned with ease and work well with most breakfasts
Boiled; easiest, hard boiled are nice for salads qnd the like, whereas soft boiled are nice for dipping but essentially second rate poachers (honorary sidenote for paneed eggs)
Fried are good but require specific equipment to get great, work well as part of a layered dish
Poachers are wonderful; when done right, the springy white teardrop breaks gently to release slowly flowing yolk, and works phenomenally with the traditional breakfast dishes (benedict, florentine, royale)

As for OP, try using fresh eggs and white wine vinegar (lots), straining the loose whites off through a fine sieve, starting at a rolling boil, and creating an even vortex in your pot before opening your egg just over the centre

Best of luck.
>>
>>8688340
If you're gay, maybe. They literally look like a scrotum.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.