[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to try and make my own sourdough bread,but I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I want to try and make my own sourdough bread,but I've never tried anything like this before. Does /CK/ have any tips for a first timer?
>>
i make it all the time. very tasty.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrL56-TZhQ0
>>
>>8686094
then give some tips
>>
>>8686115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocr6RfjYeaE
>>
>>8686115
Get a copy of the book Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson.
>>
>>8686086
Don't bother, you typically start with some dough from the last batch, and clearly you can't do that
>>
>>8686086
>>8686115
I'm actually about to get started on a loaf (that I'll be baking tomorrow).

First, you DO have to regularly feed and maintain the sourdough starter, you're basically keeping a little pet bacterial colony in your kitchen. You'll want to keep pouring out or using the starter and feeding what's left.

Sourdough is a slow process. All total from start to finish, it's about 20 hours, though only an hour of actual work spread throughout.

Your first few loaves probably won't turn out great. Maybe you got timing wrong, or maybe your starter just wasn't active enough. Don't worry about it. Similarly, because sourdough depends more on the bacteria in the starter than methodical steps, it's more of an "art" than a "science" because you have to observe it by eye as you work with it. The recipe may say "Let the dough sit for 30 minutes and come back when it's doubled in size", and maybe it hasn't doubled in size in 30 minutes, so maybe you should wait longer.
>>
It's a meme. Why the fuck would you want sour tasting bread?
>>
>>8687341
t. tasteless american raised on Wonderbread®
>>
dont fucking bother just buy it from a bakery, a real bakery not a grocery store bakery. Youll never make a loaf half as good as a lifelong master baker
>>
>>8687351
>eating bread at all
It's fine if you're poor and live in a third world country I guess
>>
Pour a little sugar on the surface of your yeast solution then mix well, and do it again without mixing when a foamy layer forms on the surface. Make sure that the water you're using is between 110-116 or else it kills it and won't rise proper.
>>
>>8687361
Nothing you make will ever be as good as a quality restaurant so why bother cooking at all?
>>
>>8687376
why do you think most people dont, stupid.
>>
>>8687351
I'm not even America. Stop being so obsessed.
>>
>>8687341
Never mind the fact that all bread was sourbread until American Capitalism got its fingers in it about a hundred years ago and removed everything that gives bread texture and flavour.

Sourbread doesn't have to be really sour, it all depends on what temperature and how long you ferment the dough at, which promotes the lactic acid bacteria's activity.
>>
>>8687387
How do you know?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.