[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Salt.jpg (59KB, 1000x633px) Image search: [Google]
Salt.jpg
59KB, 1000x633px
Anyone know a way to eat a lot of salt (or salt substitute) without all of the major health problems that accompany eating alot of salt?

I like to eat rock salt, but I don't want to die
>>
>>8683985
Medschool anon here there's no way to consume rock salt without fucking up your stomach bad. A concentrated amount of any salt will poison the hell out of you.
>>
>>8683985

rock salt = suicide
>>
When you say "I like to eat rock salt" are you talking about on top of/in food, or are you literally chomping down on a big ol' chunk of salt?
>>
>>8684080
Big Ol Chunk Of Salt
>>
>chews on a 'Big Ol Chunk' of pure Rock Salt
Sodium Deficiency detected
>>
You could just keep salt in your mouth and spit, like with dipping tobacco.
>>
>Some cultures, especially in Africa, prefer a wide variety of different rock salts for different dishes. Pure salt is avoided as particular colors of salt indicates the presence of different impurities. Many recipes call for particular kinds of rock salt, and imported pure salt often has impurities added to adapt to local tastes.

Never knew there was so much to salt.
>>
>>8683985
MSG
>>
>>8684105
Same. I like to eat coarse sea salt with a lil garlic powder sprinkled on it
>>
>>8684149
It tears up the skin in your mouth if you leave it there
>>
>>8683985
sweat a lot. pick up something like hot yoga or go to a small martial arts gym that doesnt ike to turn on the ac
>>
Get a potassium IV drip.

Protip: it's painful
>>
>>8684019
>>8684053

All salt is rock salt. And, as a human mammal, you cannot live without consuming it.

There are no "major health problems" that come from consuming this essential element.

But, like all things in life, moderation is the key.

Cook your own food so that you can control the salt content. Limit yourself to 1600 mg per day and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8684397
>Limit yourself to 1600 mg per day and you'll be fine.

Fuck off food nazi, 1600 mg is borderline malnutrition-levels of salt. anything below 2400 mg/day is fine and you know it.
>>
>>8683985
>or salt substitute
What sort of salt substitute are you using? If you eat too much potassium salts you could stop your heart.
>>
Take lots and lots of albuterol so you have a life threatening definciency of potassium salt then get a potassium iv drip and all your salt cravings will disappear
>>
>>8684298
>breaks crystals with teeth
>worried about tears in skin
>>
Tip: If you want to die, eat 80g of salt.
>>
>>8684411

If you're not getting sodium from any other source, maybe. But that's not how sodium adsorption works generally.
>>
File: homer.jpg (27KB, 260x384px)
homer.jpg
27KB, 260x384px
since salt (NaCl) is a base just ingest it along with something acidic like citric acid and you should be all good, balanced out and neutralized
>>
>>8684557
It's also a reductant so pair with an oxidant like sodium hypochlorite.
>>
I had fastfood today consumed 2000mg sodium and had severe issues. sweaty palms. severe anxiety etc etc

I never had this issue before. only recently.

not sure if you guys have any advice.

could it be from fluid retention?
>>
File: 911.png (182KB, 442x341px)
911.png
182KB, 442x341px
3-5g/day salt is least associated with morbidity. It's not healthy to be paranoid about salt unless you have a known condition which salt adversely affects.
>>
>>8683985
Have potassium.
Salt and potassium should be in the correct ratios within your blood stream to save you from cardiac arrest.
>>
File: salt_health.png (17KB, 633x506px)
salt_health.png
17KB, 633x506px
>>
>>8683985
hydrate properly
>>
Rare pic of OP
>>
drink lots of water and don't consume processed foods

if all the salt in your diet it salt that you personally add to your food, you probably won't overdo it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.