[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is caviar good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1085x616px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1085x616px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88aDJFdUjH4
t. poorfag
>>
No, people eat it because it's considered classy by some.
It's the oldest meme food there is.
>>
>>8683955
t. never had cavier

>>8683928
It's pretty damn tasty. I had it a few times. Way overpriced though.
>>
>>8683955
Truffles are the real meme. Caviar actually tastes great.
>>
>>8684115
t.never had Truffles

they're actually great!
>>
It's great on/in sushi.
>>
>>8684127
that's not real caviar
>>
>>8684127
>roe
>caviar
pick one
>>
>>8684125
Ok you've got me... they're certainly more meme-y though. On every culinary episode of that Buzzfeed series they slap them on something to exacerbate its 'extravagance' or 'luxury'.
>>
>>8684133
isnt caviar a specific type of roe, from sturgeon? not saying that that pic shows caviar, but one is a subcategory of the other
>>
>>8684141
that's just dumbasses. truffles have a wonderful flavor, same with foie gras, and expensive alcohol. dumbasses will be dumbasses, expect no less
>>
>>8684204
Technically, yes. Roe is fish (or urchin) eggs and caviar is salt-cured sturgeon roe. In some regions the term's been stretched to include cured roe from salmon, carp, etc. as well because it makes it sound fancier and helps them charge more.
>>
>>8683928
Fresh roe is better.
>>
>>8684141
Truffles are great. They take on the flavour of the tree root they grown on, oddly.

What's terrible is truffle oil, canned truffles, truffle cheese, basically any of the meme food that costs an absurd amount for a nanogram of truffles in some sort of olive oil motor oil mixture.
>>
>>8683928
It's nice yes but not amazing it has a very strong taste which limits its use somewhat.
A big portion of it is perception though (that goes for most 'classy' foods though I guess), not unlike tea parties in Victorian England.
>>
>>8683928
It looks pretty and tastes like semen.
>>
S'alright.
>>
>>8684141
>Buzzfeed
Reassess your life.
>>
>>8683928
Why is he always hunched over and jumpy like a fucking addict?
>>
>>8684640
>He doesn't know that Gordon snorts coke between shots
>>
>>8684243
>posts low quality bait about fish eggs

it's like pottery
>>
I've only had roe. I probably would like caviar tho.
>>
it's great
>>
>>8683928
it's ok. Not white alba truffle good.
>>
>>8684111
Is it how different compared to salted salmon roe?

Because even that is a bit expensive for me. Sig... I wonder how much roe gets wasted in fish processing because the demand is such and such so only some amount is harvested and the rest goes into mink fodder with the rest of the guts. (Fish liver is also pretty good!)
>>
File: salmon roe.jpg (4MB, 4399x2909px) Image search: [Google]
salmon roe.jpg
4MB, 4399x2909px
>>8684682
If you've never cut open a live salmon and eaten the eggs straight from the belly, then I don't know why you think you know anything about good fish eggs.

Salting loses a lot of what makes actual fresh roe so wonderful.
>>
catfish roe is the best.
>>
File: 434324234223.jpg (649KB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
434324234223.jpg
649KB, 2848x2136px
>eating fish eggs

disgusting

what's next, horse cock?
>>
>>8684630
not much worse than 4chan 2bh

certainly takes less time outta my day
>>
Salmon roe is okay. Haven't had caviar.
>>
>>8685543
>"IM A VEGAN EVERYONE!!! LOOK AT ME!!! VEGAN HERE!!! LOOK AT ME!! IM A VEGAN!! HEY YOU MOTHERFUCKERS LOOK AT THIS FUCKING VEGAN RIGHT HERE!!! I DON'T EAT FUCKING MEAT CUZ IM A FUCKIN VEGAN!!"
>>
it's strong creamy salt flavor. i don't care for it.
>>
File: 1405046925892.jpg (20KB, 284x285px) Image search: [Google]
1405046925892.jpg
20KB, 284x285px
>>8685543
>what's next, horse cock?
Is that an offer?
>>
>>8685641
>not much worse than 4chan
It is. Because here at least you have the option of sifting through the bullshit and potentially finding a nugget of gold.
Buzzfeed is pure unadulterated bullshit.
>>
Caviar depends on what fish is from, when it was caught, where the fish lived, the size of the eggs, and how it is prepared. All those factors can affect how the caviar tastes or how it can be used. Not all caviar is super expensive either, if you want something that's cheap and has the basic taste of caviar go to ikea and get a tube of this stuff and have it crackers or toast.
>>
>>8684630
fake news
>>
>>8684640
>he's never been in the presence of a great chef
its called passion
>>
File: es5ye5y.jpg (31KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
es5ye5y.jpg
31KB, 636x358px
>>8686337
Is that what the kids call it these days?
>>
>>8685991
just let me have my brain stew material ok
>>
>>8683928
Fish eggs are fucking amazing. I just don't understand why caviar is more expensive than other roe varieties. Maybe tasting some might explain it.
>>
>>8685543
>Next
>>
>>8686634
It has to be harvested from sturgeons which reach peak maturity at 20 years of age and are endangered (some populations are protected).
>>
>>8685543
I mean I'll try anything once
>>
>>8683928
Beluga caviar is fantastic, the rest is garbage.
>>
Caviar used to be cheap peasant good, but through masterful marketing it is what it is today. Google that shit, not even trolling.

And aside from the hype, it's pretty meh
>>
>>8683928
It's disturbingly salty
Its by far one of the most highly overrated things around much like saffron
>>
>>8684220
>expensive alcohol

they've done blind test on this, and the vast majority of people including experts can't tell the difference between expensive alcohol and the cheap kind. Some people do worse that random guessing.

It's all about presentation and perceived value. I actually have bottles of expensive wines that I save and refill. My in-laws fucking love them. They have no idea, and I earn major points. "Will here I come!"
>>
>>8689037
Post those p2p research papers you tasteless pleb
>>
>>8689023
>References to caviar date back to as far as the Persian Empire. However, it hasn't always been regarded as the luxury item it is today. Russian fishermen learned to farm caviar as early as the 12th century and for centuries it was considered nothing more than cheap peasant food, served with porridge and eaten by the bowlful. However, once Ivan the Terrible got a taste for it, its status changed and it has remained a delicacy since.

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/once-a-peasant-food-caviar-now-luxury-treat-39642
>>
>>8684133
hahaha rekt as bro

See >>8684204
>>8684226

Whats it like sucking fish dick!?
>>
>>8689122
But I like fish sticks
>>
>>8689122
NOT
AN
ARGUMENT
>>
>>8685508
SLUUURRRP
>>
>>8689037
Well I could believe hard liquor, with wine there's a difference. They probably just say it's good because they don't want to look like plebs.

But this happens with cavier. Even experts can't tell the difference from more expensive cavier. Rarirty doesn't always mean taste.

>>8689023
>>8689048
Caviar got more expensive long before marketing kek but lobster was the same way. Used to be prisoner food.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.