[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Filipino food so underrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

File: adobong baboy.jpg (70KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
adobong baboy.jpg
70KB, 750x500px
In my country, there's no such thing as Filipino restaurant.
Most of the South East Asian food I see talked about on the internet is mainly Thai, followed by Vietnamese and Malay, but almost no mention of Filipino food

Why is this allowed? They have some really good dishes!
>>
Filipino food is distributed entirely through kindly neighbours, they don't usually run restaurants.

There's a huge Flip population here and the closest they get to the food industry is staffing a mcdonald's.
>>
>>8681708
it's not underatted. it genuinely sucks. filipino's can't cook for shit.
>>
Because Filipino food is a great plebfilter
Plebs don't know how to mix rice with the meals(things like adobo NEEDS rice or else it's too salty), and that all asian cuisine is either noodles or curry.

Example of a pleb
>>8681828
>>
I will never forget the time I tried sisig (spelling?) in the middle of the night at some market. It's fucking rough-chopped pig's ear. How the hell is it so delicious?!

Then lechon baboy... Sure, every culture that ever slow-roasted suckling pig made a fucking tasty meal, but in the Philippines, it's also served as a roadside snack! In honesty, in my younger years I preferred lechon manok, but that was mainly because I could get a whole one to myself... Balance it out with a green mango side & some locally brewed San Miguel...

Then there's super simple comfort food, like arroz caldo... Or a big fuckoff bowl of ube ice cream... Pansit canton with a load of calamansi... This dude >>8681990 knows whats up with adobo & plenty of steamed white rice.
>>
File: Sisig.jpg (224KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Sisig.jpg
224KB, 1280x853px
>>8682026
>It's fucking rough-chopped pig's ear. How the hell is it so delicious?!
Sisig is fucking delicious indeed. One shouldn't judge food depending on what part of the animal it's from

It's actually pork face, pork ears and maybe some pork belly chopped up, and made crispy
Some restaurants actually add pork brain too, which actually doesn't taste anything and gives a good texture, but it's not common

It's my favorite dish desu, with some mayo

Not even a Flip
>>
File: halo halo.jpg (41KB, 561x737px) Image search: [Google]
halo halo.jpg
41KB, 561x737px
Flip food is great. Dinuguan takes a bit getting used to, but is great. Pancit and lumpia are great and accessible to many. That tamarind soup is also great on a warm day.

Also why are halo halo so underrated? It's the red beans isn't it?
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (16KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
16KB, 480x270px
>>8682026
>>8682064

Gotta add that one of my favorite things to do is go to the local 24/7 lugawan around midnight, order a bowl of goto lugaw topped with crispy garlic(add chili sauce, fish sauce and calamansi to it) along with a cold Mountain Dew or San Miguel and some fried tokwa dipped in soy sauce and vinegar

All this while feeling the chilly midnight breeze and the calmness of the neighborhood, where the only things I hear are crickets and some karaoke going on in the distance

Dem feels, 2comfy4me miss being in Philippines now
>>
>>8681990
I agree, only plebs can't appreciate the true genius that is filipino cuisine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
>>
>>8682102
>That tamarind soup
Oh holy crap, sinigang is absolutely sensational, top tier stuff.
I grew up eating Flip lumpia, 80+% meat, and spent most of my life being disappointed to the point of disgust at what passes for spring rolls in Western countries. Hell, even those Vietnamese prawn & pork rolls were on thin ice due to the heavy veggie content, until I swiftly realized on eating some good ones that they have their own flavour balance very well done & deserve respect in their own right. But still, Filipino lumpia always holds a great place in my palate's heart.
>>
>>8682282
That's just fallout from the American influence in the country.
>>
>>8682361
Yes, you are correct. That video was a satire of foreign food. Even so, I'd stand that recipe next to some dormbro's faux carbonara-on-a-budget.
>>
>>8682282
My ex-gf used to watch her videos.
>>
>>8681990
>Example of a pleb

get an ounce of taste faggot. filipino food is shit tier.
>>
>>8682624
>get an ounce of taste

>can't punctuate a sentence
>makes no coherent argument
>stimulated expression constitutes slinging insults

Pleb confirmed.
>>
>>8682664
go back to your island shithole and get killed by your dictator president
>>
If fillipino is so great, give me your greatest recipe and I'll give it a shot. I won't fuck it up. If it's goid I'll feed it to people and tell them that fillipino cuisine is good
>>
>>8681708

Because their food is terrible, their favorite food is basically spaghetti with hot dogs and ketchup.
>>
File: tita-s-kitchenette.jpg (29KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
tita-s-kitchenette.jpg
29KB, 337x450px
>>8681708
I live in a Philipino neighborhood and every fucking time Andrew Zimmern comes to San Diego he films down the street
>>
>>8683021
The first thing I'd ever seen made by flips was ketchup on spaghetti. I was a teenager, and it blew my mind how fucking shit that would be. I've always been biased about Filipino cooking since then.
>>
File: 1488330301431.jpg (181KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
1488330301431.jpg
181KB, 363x321px
>>8681728
>Filipino food is distributed entirely through kindly neighbours

Or through Filipino parties/family get-togethers. So much food.
>>
Filipino food is disgusting. Filipino women are among the ugliest in a continent known for beautiful women.
>>
Filipino here. I hate flip food. I grew up with it. I am somewhat glad I grew up with crap food. It makes me grateful for the other foods out there. I'm pretty low maintenance with food to the point where many things are delicious to me.

Flip food already is poor man's food. My family went even further and made meals that are on the poorer status of flips. Like nilaga. Fuck nilaga.
>>
>>8682619
Sweet story.
>>
>>8682102
>Halo Halo
You mean Halo 2?
>>
>>8681708
There is a flip place right down the street from me, basically the closest meal I can get to where I live.

I always get the pad thai
>>
Filipinos are the Mexicans of asia
>>
>>8683909
at least they aren't muslim
>>
>>8683909
True but we actually make something of ourselves and are great contributors to society...next question plz
>>
>>8683934
What have you guys contributed to the world?
>>
>>8683938
filipino food
>>
>>8683909
They're more like the Brazil of asia.
>>
>>8683938
Oh I don't know....wer're nurses, RD's, we can dance, have style, made the balisong, escrima, just to name a few... Also fucked your mum last night and she was quite satisfied and even gave me a text not too long ago for seconds...
>>
>>8683966
satisfying anon's mom is nothing to brag about. She is easy.
>>
>>8683966
>>8683973
>Making jokes about fucking moms
Is this considered sophisticated humor in the Philippines?
>>
Couldve been the fusion of the best of asia and the best of Spanish. Instead its the after birth of american and asian
>>
File: 1488047012694.jpg (672KB, 1000x3848px) Image search: [Google]
1488047012694.jpg
672KB, 1000x3848px
>>8683938
Homophobia, nurses/physical therapists, Jollibee, halo halo, Manny Pac, and homophobia.
>>
>>8684114
This
Instead come up with spaghetti and meat sauce with added ketchup and hot dogs
>>
I only like their longanisa
>>
File: R0011040AE.jpg (33KB, 294x600px) Image search: [Google]
R0011040AE.jpg
33KB, 294x600px
>>8684132
>>8683046
>hating on UFC sauce.
>>
>>8681828
As someone dating a Filipina, this is true. A few good dishes in a sea of awful unappetizing garbage.
>>
>>8681708
We have some Filipino restaurants near where I live.

So far, almost all suck.

However, there is one restaurant that made some nasty adobo yet some delicious beef inihau (forget how to spell it correctly).

Restaurant shuts down.
>>
>>8681708
It's not underrated. It's rated appropriately. No hate on my Pinoy brothers and sisters, but every other Asian cuisine has got you beat by miles. Flip food is just derivative of superior and/or more original sources. Fucking we all can do rice and meat.
>>
>>8681990
Why is filipino food so damn salty?
>>
>>8682906
That guy's right though. Why's your shrimp dick getting all fussy?
>>
>>8682102
Looks overly sweet
>>
Recently went on an international food tour of local Asian cuisines the last year or so (since there's a lot of authentic places I've found on google), and I have to say something:
1. Thai food is really overrated. I had some and my thoughts on several of their dishes was that. Their fried dumplings were not impressive, especially compared to the Korean/Chinese/Japanese versions. Their soup was like milk that aged too much, reminds me of drinking old milk. Their phanaeng curry was very similar to Japanese curry (which was based on British curry, not Indian). I did enjoy their salad.
2. Laotian cuisine was a bit weirder to my tastes. It was like "eating perfume" if I was honest about it, but the larb was good, but nothing to brag about. The crunchy rice thing you put in lettuce/cabbage leaf didn't really impress.
3. Restaurant Filipino food is a hit-and-miss whereas other cuisines generally don't fuck up. Sometimes it's too watery, or, it's too dry. Or they add some weird Western flavor that you normally don't have in the Philippines (like cinnamon). Restaurant sinigang/dinuguan that is too watery is not something you'd ever want to eat/sip.
All three were from restaurants that had really good scores (almost perfect) on the restaurant scoring sites.
Now, I'm actually trying to find Indonesian, Malaysian, and Singaporean food, to do more comparisons.
If I ever find Singaporean food, I will obviously try Hainanese chicken rice, since it's supposedly the best food they've got.

>>8683854
Nilaga is really suck. It literally is just boiled stuff. No zest, no nothing. It's like yakitori or a bad bowl of la mian. No real flavor.

>>8684504
I dunno. I rate Filipino food higher than Thai, Laotian, super authentic Sichuan (it's like punishing eating this), Indian, Levantine, Persian, and western Chinese.
I initially thought Vietnamese was superior to Filipino food, but I had some of their thicker stew noodles and I went nope. They're pretty much on the same level.
>>
>>8683021
>>8683046
Don't knock on that shit. Flip spaghetti's actually pretty good.
>>
>>8684650
It can be crap if the hotdog is too salty. I think they have their own version of hotdogs that aren't salty.
>>
>>8684647

good god you're rating filipino food better than thai and viet?

you need to re-adjust your rating system. A lot of shit in this world tastes good to different people but we're rating cuisine based on techniques and ingenuity of use of the country's natural resources to make a cultural dish

half the shit filipino food is mainly soaking and cooking it in salt and eating it with rice
>>
>>8684678
Reading comprehension.
I thought Vietnamese was superior, but after trying their thicker stew noodles, the decision was that they are on the same level.
Rating cuisine based on techniques and "ingenuity" makes no sense. The Chinese can make ingenuous cooking techniques for eating actual giant bugs (which I saw Anthony Bourdain eat in one of his China trips) and that won't make it better in my personal ranking if I eat the damn dish and it tastes like rubber.
>>
>>8681708
It's pretty good. Won't say it's haute cuisine, but it's pretty good.
>>
>>8684690
It's hot if you microwave it
>>
>>8684647
>Hainanese chicken rice
Yes
>>
>>8683966
>Also fucked your mum last night and she was quite satisfied and even gave me a text not too long ago for seconds...

With flip dick? Kek
>>
It's fucking disgusting. I used to eat before going to Flip parties. Dry as fuck. Like literally just dry fried meat and plain rice. I couldn't get it down. And I'm Indian. So if an Indian can't get rice down it's some awful shit. And it's unhealthy as well. Ever seen their life expectancies? Even in foreign countries. They have good desserts though I'll give them credit.
>>
File: grilled%2Bstuffed%2Bsquid[1].jpg (372KB, 1128x846px) Image search: [Google]
grilled%2Bstuffed%2Bsquid[1].jpg
372KB, 1128x846px
>>8681708
I was in the Philippines for a while for work. I think my favorite single dish was PUSIT, aka cuttlefish. It was prepared in a variety of ways, but "grilled" was always great.
>>
>>8684678
And then deep frying it with no other condiments or flavours of any kind. Awful.
>>
File: pepsirice.jpg (200KB, 836x782px) Image search: [Google]
pepsirice.jpg
200KB, 836x782px
>>
>>8684745
I have never heard of Filipino deep fried food before.
>>8684678
I have never seen that claim of salt in half of Filipino food, but the rice makes sense. That's their noodle.
>>8684716
Pork chops is not really a good indication of traditional Filipino food.
>>
Sisig is a good dish to have with some beer. Same with Bicol Express.
>>
>>8681708
Dry adobo is not that good in my estimation. I enjoy soupy versions of adobo.
>>
The faxt that mafckin Asian islanders nearly got the Mexico treatment by Spain

Fucking Asian fuckers doing latin shit what the fuxk

On a island
>>
>>8682906
Duterte is based though
>>
>>8683909
No, they are the slavs of Asia

>>8683854
>hating himself
>hating nilaga
FUCK OFF
>>
>>8684614
Soy sauce

It's actually pretty much just adobo that is salty AFAIK
This faggot here got no clue what he is talking about
>>8684678

>>8683021
>>8683046
>>8684132
Flip spaghetti is pretty much children party tier food there
It's sometimes eaten as often as how westerners eat spaghetti with ketchup

>>8682964
Bicol Express
>>
>>8684745
entire region deep fries in the same way 2bh
>>
>>8684716
That's most likely because you ate adobo that hasn't been marinated for more than an hour or so

Adobo NEEDS to be marinated for a day in the fridge. If so, it's tender and juicy as fuck. These party hosters probably had too much to make so they marinated it shortly. Then it turns salty and dry

Take tocino for example. The best one put into marinade in the morning and then cooked the morning after
HNNNG too good and juicy
>>
>>8684871
this
I've been to Thailand, China and Philippines
Their streetfood is generally deep fried with some spice powder. It generally tastes very good if the streetfood vendor knows how to deep fry it properly. If they don't, it's just dry inedible garbage
>>
Relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnf1ObJ87YY
>>
>>8681708
Was in phillipines for A month recently. I ordered 30 yum burgers from jollibees. I also had a bunch of traditional homecooking, lots of sweet fish dishes.

also I was the only white person for 100s of miles phillipino traffic is a deadly game
>>
>>8683021
I have absolutely no idea what you find wrong about a simple and efficient dish like that.
>>
>>8684935
Where are you from out of curiosity? I've spent a fair bit of time in indo and Malaysia but never been to flipland. I'm sure the traffic there will be the same. Fucked in terms of Western countries.
>>
>>8684504
>Flip food is just derivative of superior and/or more original sources
Holy shit this, to be honest the reason why is underrated is because of the fact that due to filipino culture being based from so many other cultures, the food culture is just a mess, it's either a pale imitation (i.e. adobo=> spaniards already made it, pancit => Chinese already made stir fry noodles, etc.) just americanized shit, basically flip cuisine is just a bunch of recipes made to be "original" but literally the same recipes from other countries with slight changes.
>>
>>8685025
actually underrated in the sense that it's just not good in comparison to others.
>>
File: pokpok.jpg (51KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
pokpok.jpg
51KB, 300x280px
>>8685025
"Spanish" food is already culturally appropriated from Moors and Basques and filtered through the long lens of Acapulco proxy administration therefore you forgot to include Mexican food influence, I suggest you apologize to the Mexican people right now. Also many Spaniards would consider themselves Basques first or Catalans first or Aragonese, and Spaniards only second, so the concept of "Spanish" food is somewhat racist and othering.

"Chinese" (by which I assume you racistly mean "Hui people" food since Zheng He brought noodles to the flips) is culturally appropriated from the Majiayao peoples of the upper Huang Hue basin, the fact that you are essentially diminishing their accomplishments is a form of micro-aggression against their memory.

"American" is a social construct and consists of appropriated cuisines and traditions of African and European peoples. The fact that you would lump together all of our food as a monolithic "shit" is deeply upsetting and rather bigoted I might add, and as an African America whose great grandfather served in World War 2 and brought chitlins to the Filipino people who later re-imagined them as the vibrant "sisig", I am deeply concerned that your notion of "American" is limited to McDonalds and other White, Jim Crow-based foods

Please delete your post before someone gets offended.
>>
>>8685025
>adobo
Filipino adobo is completely different with a completely different origin. It's only called adobo, because the spainard in the 16th century found it similar looking

Filipino cuisine, like Thai, Malay and Viet, has alot of Chinese influence, specifically the pancit canton, siomai, lugaw and others.
Though this is definately not the only dishes it offers. There are far more than that
>>
Not very familiar with Filipino food. I've had lechon though and it was pretty fucking good.
>>
>>8681828
This is very true. They can't cook for shit. The whole fucking country
>>
>>8681708
Part flip here. For the most part I don't like the cuisine. Its so greasy which is why most flips have heart problems when they get old. However, there are some good fucking food too. My favorites are (i) the inihaw dishes such as liempo and pusit, (ii) the beef stews such as mechado, bulalo, caldereta, and of course (iii) stuff like sisig and lechon. Restaurants in the metro also offer Spanish stuff like paella adapted for Filipino taste. I really think that the inihaw and roast dishes wih their salty and sour taste (probably from the lemongrass, soy sauce, and calamansi) are my favorite parts. I'd like to note though that I'm tagalog which means I'm ignorant to cuisines from other regions.

Like other anon said, filipino food should be eaten with heaps of white rice.
>>
I have a good story here
>have Flip friend in US
>decides to go to PH with him to visit his family
>first day, he takes me to try streetfood
>he gives me this deep fried baby chick on a stick
>at first I am confused and not sure what to do, but he offers me $10 to eat it, so I decide to munch it with spicy vinegar
>it's actually really damn delicious

>>8685399
all these but also inasal
The soy sauce, calamansi and atsuete oil marinade has to be the best kind of marinade I've ever tasted.
Whenever there's a BBQ party here, I always marinate my stuff in that

Of course, you can't like everything of a single cuisine. Me for instance, don't like all of the food from Japan or China either.
>>
>>8685509
Forgot to say that I heard from some that adobo is really greasy, but the one I ate was all fine and didn't seem particularly greasy but rather caramelized
>>
I visited ph during break while studying in Japan. I found the grease levels somewhat tough on my stomach but ate a lot of delicious food anyway. I like their desserts, also taho (sp?), reminded me of some Korean dessert drink I had.

Mainly the thing was everything was dirt cheap anyway.
>>
>>8685509
Oh fuck I forgot about inasal. Very good too.

On the adobo thing, yeah most filipinos put too much oil in it. But the better cooks tend to make it less greasy and more succulent. The bayleaf flavor in it really does it for me, imho.

>>8685532
Flip sweets and bread are very nice. Stuff like champorado (glutinous rice with cocoa powder served with condensed milk), leche flan (a milk pudding) and ofc halo halo. The breads in the older parts of Manila are very good too. They're very much influenced by Chinese bakeries with how sweet and soft the breads are.
>>
>>8685532
You should have gone to La Trinidad and get some strawberry taho
You can't die without trying that
>>
>>8685560
>On the adobo thing, yeah most filipinos put too much oil in it. But the better cooks tend to make it less greasy and more succulent.

The trick is to remove most of the oil after you've fried the potatoes or garlic/onion. That way, the greasiness is mostly gone
>>
>>8684842
Nilaga is garbage. Do you really like that stuff?
>>
Anything other than caldereta and the roast pork (the whole pig thing) is shit tier

those two are god tier though
>>
>>8684647
The best SE Asian food I've ever had was Indonesian. It's hands down the best from that region. I adore Rifsttafel now.

I also enjoy Turkish, Vietnamese and Afghan. Islamic Chinese is amazing too btw. Everything else is meh to me.
>>
>>8681708
phillipinos are the pickiest eaters I've ever met. lived in Japan for a long time and there are lots of phillipinos there. they wont ever just shut up and eat what's in front of them, they have to go full Vegan mode and ask what every ingredient is and then judge the fucking dish on it, usually knocking the food back half the time.

Just wish they'd shut up and eat what they're given to be honest.
>>
I think its because most people who make the menus for these place use fucktarded recipes. I have never had good restaurant sinigang, or most of the stews and soups for that matter. They also tend to under season their shit. The only Filipino dishes I actually like that is not baked goods or desserts is my mom's cooking.
>>
>>8686504
It's just a stew nigga. Relax.
>>
>>8685509
How is this a good story?
>>
>>8684835
>get in an accident at work
>start taking painkillers
>become addicted
>switch to heroin because it's cheaper
>start selling a little on the side to support your habit
>get clean
>start working again
>raise your family
>get shot by vigilantes because you sold drugs for 6 months, 4 years ago
>your is killed during the attack
>your wife is left without a husband or a child
Sounds like a paradise.
>>
>>8681828
this. holy shit, i thought i was the only one that finds this true, they have the weirdest sense of flavor. sheesh!
>>
>>8681990
>heard adobo was aped by the Filipinos from the Spaniards
>tasted both variants
>the Filipino Edition was way better
And this was without rice.
>>
>>8681708
>pork cuts with a fat strip
>filipino food
kys
>>
>>8687080
yes, yes it does.

>sigh
>>
>>8687080
not to mention the guy is using the pretense of a drug crackdown to incriminate and kill his political opponents/critics. and at the same time he's enriching himself by taking over the chinese drug networks/cartels he's supposedly breaking up via this crackdown. years before he became president, he was basically the mob kingpin of the city he was mayor of.
>>
>>8687349
Can anyone question him of doing this?
>>
>>8687349
and he just got btfo because his dumbass "anti-drug squad" kidnapped, tortured, and murdered a South Korean citizen making it impossible for them to cover it up like they do with Philipino citizens
>>
>>8687479
>Filipinos are incompetent

News at '11
>>
>>8687479
not really. they've already spun it dozens of ways via their fake news/facebook network. filipinos with their limited attention span have already forgotten all about this (it's not even featured on their daily news anymore)
>>
Half flip here, grew up in the country but been living abroad for a couple of years now.
Filipino cuisine isn't shit per se, it's just that the food culture is fucking horrible. Greasy, salty and sweet is what the majority often tend to causing them to die of diabetes/heart attacks. Very little culinary tradition left also, a shit ton of traditional dishes mostly died after world war II with the massive population boom and cheap shit ingredients. Which is why you'll never find an amazing filipino restaurant, at best they'll be decent incorporating enough foreign techniques to add some refinement but unfortunately still catering to the average filipino palette.
However if you happen to visit the country and are actually lucky enough to find decent cooks there's a shit ton of interesting stuff under the hood.
Not only do you have access to cheap and fresh ingredients, some that would be practically impossible to find anywhere else ranging from exotic fruits/fishes, seaweeds, roots and leaves, wild lemongrass, cheap abalone, rare varietals of coffee, etc. But the idiosyncrasies of the filipino palette gives out some interesting dishes mixed with the local ingredients.
Passing on the bbq/sisig/lechon/kawali/adobo and other greasy shit you got dishes like sinigang, karekare, laing, wild chicken coconut stew, bicol express, dinuguan, champorado with dried fish etc. Though my personal favorite remains kinilaw, which is a half cooked ceviche, where the fresh fish marinates for a few seconds to a couple of minutes in a combination of ginger/garlic/chillies/coconut milk(optional)/calamansi and of course any sort of vinegar.Filipinos love vinegar of all sorts, lots of it lost knowledge since everyone buys cheap shit, but from palm vinegar, to coconut, mango, sugar and rice can be found. They also love their fermented shrimp paste and fermented anchovies(which you can choose the number of weeks fermented).
It just didn't get the french influence like other SEA countries had.
>>
>>8684647
You have the palate of a retarded 5 year old albino son of a masai cow herder. Just have your chicken nuggets and damp burgers and stop shit-writing about your meals.
>>
>>8684935
A bit of pedo-tourism there eh...
>>
>>8681708
Blah

Looks like blah
Blah
Dress it up and frencify it
>>
>>8681708
I'm really bummed I can't find a single Filipino restaurant in the whole of Amsterdam. We've got other Asian cuisine out the ass, but no Flips. I'd like to try it just once because my s/o is Filipino, see how it differs from Indonesian which is what I grew up on
>>
>>8689133
what can't your mail order bride cook?
>>
File: kinilaw-na-isda.jpg (112KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kinilaw-na-isda.jpg
112KB, 500x375px
>>8687916
Fuck I love kinilaw.
>>
>>8681708
It's ugly. Truly the masters of looks like shit but taste amazing. Also, what
>>8681728
said. I have filipino restaurants and for some reason it just doesn't translate as well as just eating it when it's made by my family.
>>
>>8684614
Island food that is near the equator. Hot regions tend to salt their foods more.
>>
>>8684614
To cover up the shitty taste.
>>
*boils a hot dog*
*splashes some 'chup*
*serve with refrigirated white bread*

wa la, authentic flip food
>>
>>8689163
It's a dude
>>
>>8682136
i wish I could get some calamansi in NY. The food just isn't the same without it ;_;
>>
>>8690035
Can't find it in europe either. The only flip restaurant uses limes/lemons for gods sake.
>>
File: o.jpg (226KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
226KB, 2048x1152px
>>8682136
I used to come home on my motorcycle from late night drinking sessions with my barkada and sometimes it would suddenly pour on the way back so I'd stop at the local 24/7 lugawan, clothes wet, I'd order a proper hot bowl of arroz caldo to slurp down and warm myself up while waiting for the rain to pass. On the way back to combat my future hangover i'd stop for a fresh coconut by the side of the sea, close to where I lived, and if lucky get to drink the juice while watching the sun rise by the sea with the fresh air breeze and the sound of the waves.

I need to go back.
>>
>>8690124
Where's this?
>>
>>8687349
>being this bluepilled
>dirtpoor subhumans are political opponents

Not /pol/ place, but you do know that the US Comission of Human Rights did an investigation and found no deaths ordered by government

And no critics has been killed either

>>8687479
>blaming Duts for this
it's obvious it wasn't ordered by him
Fucking /ck/ is reddit 2.0
>>
>>8687080
>making an excuse of using harmful drugs
>ever

no wonder /ck/ are a bunch of cucks, who'd let their wife get gang raped by addicts
>>
>>8687326
Filipino adobo is the same as Spanish adobo only in name
Different origins. Original name got lost as spainards 500 years ago found it similar looking to their variant
>>
>>8689169
Most SEA-food in general look like runny dog dump, but it tastes amazing
>>
>>8689178
>*boils a hot dog*
>*splashes some 'chup*
>*serve with refrigirated white bread*

>wa la, authentic american food

ftfy
>>
>>8690124
You have to go back
>>
>>8690035
>i wish I could get some calamansi in NY.

what the fuck are you talking about.

go to your local chinese/asian food market. they have that shit there.

but if you ever find calamansi soda, post it here. i think that shit has gone extinct like pepsi twist.
>>
File: ZestoCalamansi01.jpg (27KB, 232x450px) Image search: [Google]
ZestoCalamansi01.jpg
27KB, 232x450px
>>8690495
We got this here in Norway atleast
>>
>>8690568

holy shit.

it's been a long time.

not even phil-am stores in NYC have this for whatever reason. last i remember drinking this was in 2008 and it looked liked pic related.

how the fuck are you snow-chinks getting that.
>>
>>8690580
I've only seen it in one asian store in Moss so far
>>
>>8690580

That's swill, c&c/toppop tier bummies.
>>
>>8690134
That's just some random visayan island.
>>
>>8690495
Hmm now I'm interested. And you just reminded me that I need some ube ice cream.

Gonna check the Filipino Super market here in Southern California.
>>
>>8681708
My boss convinced me when I was drunk to eat Balut.

That was the most vile, revolting thing I've ever eaten in my life and gave me terrible stomach aches and heartburn for days afterwards.
>>
>>8684736

ew nigga
>>
>>8683938
President Duterte
>>
>>8683938
we were the tactical turning point for ww2, whoever got control of PI won WW2 due to location. How do you fight a war across waters without a resupply point
>>
>>8683938
yo-yos
>>
>>8692359
i can't even smoke weed anymore
im not upset though i was getting bored anyways
>>
>>8684647
>british curry

so just you know the "british curry" is made by indian
>>
>>8692389
>Japan gets control of PI
>doesn't win WW2
really make u think
>>
>>8684647
Singaporean here
Chicken rice is made even better with the right chilli
Chilli crab, Katong laksa and bak kut teh are also solid representative foods that are worth a try if you can find a decent place
>>
File: DSC00061.jpg (332KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00061.jpg
332KB, 1600x1200px
>>8692885
Don't forget economic bee hoon, sorry for the malaysian image, I know you guys are at war or something
>>
>>8682102
this gave me diarrhea in 4th grade
>>
>>8684647
>>8692885
Also there is a considerable amount of overlap between Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisine
I'd say Singaporean cuisine draws very heavily from Chinese and Western sources while Indonesian would be more representative of the "native culture" so to speak
Malaysian cuisine is somewhere in between and is actually very similar to Singaporean cuisine in many respects, to the extent that many foods are shared and pretty much identical in preparation and ingredients; some dishes however have regional variations that are quite distinctive
>>
>>8692887
Nah, is fine
We're fine with Malaysians in general I'd say
Their government is a laughing stock though
>>
>>8692894
pot calling kettle black
>>
>>8692953
no but clan politics and nepotism are ok if ethnic chinese do it
>>
>>8692894
but your people is the laughing stock
>>
>>8692891
Singaporean doesnt have OC. Even Singaporean opened a restaurant serves Malaysian cuisine in Amsterdam
>>
>>8683991
Yes. Haven't you seen the nutshack?
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.