[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Subway considered redneck/blue collar food? A few days ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: subway-header.jpg (153KB, 1200x415px) Image search: [Google]
subway-header.jpg
153KB, 1200x415px
Is Subway considered redneck/blue collar food? A few days ago I heard a hipster talking about it in that way, the same way people like him look down on Tim Hortons. I never really thought about it that way, I thought it was just a decent sandwich shop and that the elitists were more or less down with it.
>>
Every fastfood place is blue collar, doesn't mean you should give a fuck about some hipsters opinion
>>
Delis have a hard time competing with Subway because they give you more value for your money. For that reason any hipster who is friends with a guy who knows a guy who owns a deli will hate Subway and invent a bunch of reasons that it's garbage.
>>
I've always considered it upper-middle class. You need to have a lot of disposable income to eat there.
>>
>>8680950
Hey buddy, just a heads up when someone calls you out for marketing the last thing you want to do is abandon the thread and start a new one. You need to keep posting and astroturfing to bury that post to make it seem like genuine discussion. Also work on the timing between posts counts you need them less than a minute apart.
Hope that helps!
>>
>>8680972
True, it's not cheap.

>>8680967
There's a sandwich shop/bakery around here that does really well with the hipsters and locavore crowd. I know the owner, he is a bit of a jerk and capitalist to the core (not that I have a problem with capitalism), but he has somehow convinced the elite crowd that his shop is the trendiest place in town, and they line up everyday to pay 17 bucks for a basic ham and cheese with tomato soup. I don't believe for one second that his overhead expenses are that high, he is just ripping them off.

>>8680958
I didn't say I give a fuck, I'm just curious. I had subway for breakfast actually.
>>
>>8680997
Well, that answers your question about why hipsters sneer at Subway.
>>
>>8680972
>>8680997
What the hell are you guys talking about, you get a foot long sub for five bucks

That's easily a meal in itself, and I think "a meal for five bucks" is pretty much the fast food standard
>>
>>8680972
Where do you live?
>>
>>8681011
>you get a foot long sub for five bucks

Maybe this varies by area, but where I live that promotion is long gone. Not to mention that it only applied to certain subs and not the whole menu.

Furthermore, when you add in a drink and chips/cookie for their typical "meal deal" you end up a lot higher price.
>>
>>8681017
I live in Canada and a foot long sub here is $10 CAD after tax.
>>
>>8681011
Really? I have only seen very wealthy types go into Subway.
>>
subway is the worst, nasty ass microwave food
>>
>>8680950
>hipster talking about it
>elitists
sounds like you found your problem
you're surrounded by faggots
>>
>>8680967
hipster delis suck because all the sandwiches are OMG SO RANDOM garbage like kale and grape jelly on rye with pickles
>>
>>8680950
They use cheap ingredients and it's certainly not health food but what do you expect for $5? There are certainly better sandwich shops out there but it's a decent choice for that price
>>
>>8680950
Firehouse Subs is god tier.

Subway is dumpster tier.
>>
>>8681199
Like I said before the hipster deli here sells typical ham and cheese, with soup that tastes suspiciously like it came out of a can. The owner has just been very successful in marketing himself to hipsters and now he's laughing all the way to the bank, charging outrageous prices. His overhead is probably much less than any Subway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.