[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long can food sit out? My house mate made meat sauce for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1429143675592.png (102KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429143675592.png
102KB, 250x250px
How long can food sit out? My house mate made meat sauce for pasta over 12 hours ago and it's just been sitting on the counter in the pot the entire time

Surely the meat in their has all started to rot and ruined it all, they are trying to tell me otherwise
>>
>>8679832
>started to rot
nah you're overreacting

bacteria can potentially form in that time but there are a number of factors, including how the dish was prepared and the environment it was sitting in.

to be safe I'd heat the sauce before eating it again but the sauce is far from ruined. don't be a priss.
>>
what temperature is your house? how does it smell?
>>
>>8679860
this.

give it a whiff too. that's probably the easiest way to tell without actually having to put it in your mouth
>>
>>8679832
The meat should be cooked thoroughly and the acidity of the tomato sauce should keep it relatively safe. It should be fine. Cook it first before eating.
>>
>>8679945
Does a microwave cook it?
>>
Cooked food can sit out for up to two days if you don't live somewhere that's incredibly humid or dirty.
>>
>>8679952
Does a microwave heat up water?
>>
>>8679832
if beef it's ok if u just cook it hot again. wudnt risk othr meat
>>
>>8679832
Does it look bad? Does it smell bad? Does it taste bad?
If none of the above, it is edible.
>>
It'll be fine. Sometimes I forget about food and leave it out and it has flies crawling on it, I eat it anyway and no ill effects yet.
>>
Well, if you're asking about like food regulation and what's allowed, food left in a temperature range of 41 F - 135 F/5 C - 57 C can be kept in that range for a cumulative 4 hours. Temperature above or below that range tend to destroy or not produce any more pathogens. After 4 hours in that range, the food is considered 2 be contaminated and must be discarded

Despite that I still will eat food that's left out for 24 hours or longer because I'm disgusting. As long as it doesn't taste funky, smell bad, or look bad, I'll eat it. Haven't died yet
Only time I got food poisoning was at a Friday's and ordered a steak.
>>
>>8679832
I routeinely eat food such as pizza, roasted chicken and "italian" food 24-36 hours after its cooked and been sitting on the counter.....I figure the retarded amount of salt and sugar will keep most shit at bay for a few days at least
>>
>rot after 12 hours
its not cheese retart
>>
>>8679832
Tomato sauce is very acidic, so it's probably fine. Wouldn't do it with a cream sauce or broth though
>>
>>8679832
I used to live with this asian cuck fellow and he would buy a huge family box of fried chicken and then he'd let it sit out and nibble on it for days.

We'd say stuff to him about it like "dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?!!?" but then he would be all like "i left it out because i thought you guys would like some." But he'd never offer it to us.... dude was so weird.

anyway, after living with that weirdo, i realized that a lot of food is just fine to eat if it sits out for a while.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.