[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone ever work in a restaurant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 18

File: annie1.gif (1MB, 245x243px) Image search: [Google]
annie1.gif
1MB, 245x243px
got hired as a dishwasher on friday and quit today. that is probably the most mindless and soul sucking job ive ever worked. same goes for bussers, servers, cooks, how the fuck do people willingly work those shit jobs considering the hours, the pay, and the workload? i honestly don't feel inclined to eat at restaurants much more...
>>
>>8678676
Bartender>>server>>>>>>>>>>host>>>barback>cook>>prep cook>>>>dishwasher>busboy

t. worked many restraurant jobs. Bussers are literally seen as subhumans at least dishwashers can hide and listen to music bussers have to interact with people but only make a fraction of what servers make
>>
>>8678676

Definitely depends on the job and even then it's not for everybody. I'm the bar manager at a fine dining place and I love it. Money's solid too
>>
>>8678697
actually this

as a dishwasher i was able to listen to audiobooks, but the caveat is staying 3 hours after closing with a huge fucking pile of dishes
>>
>>8678697
spoken like a true foh snob

bartender > server > host > management > bus > cooks > preps > dishwasher

busboys at least get tipshare.

I worked in a prep kitchen before. It was okay. Shit pay and not enough hours but I had fun most days. The problem is foh is competely delusional with how much better they have it.

Would hate to be a dishwasher though.
>>
>>8678735
>busboys at least get tipshare
We get the scraps and in alot of these places we barely break minimum wage while the servers walk home with 200 bucks after having the runner and bussers do most of the work. Facts
>>
>>8678777
well if you're in a real state that pays its foh less than min. wage that's different.

where i live foh gets minimum wage + extra to be competitive + tips
>>
>>8678676
>that guy that tries to order food off the busboy
Pls dont be this retarded
>>
>>8678787
good for you. I'm like the other anon, I would average 6.00$ when the minimum in AZ was 8.50 before taxes obviously. worst job ever. it should only be available to high schoolers.
>>
>>8678961
People only do it because management promises if they do it for x amount of months they will be promoted to server but it never fucking happeneds. Its basically bait for ugly guys and ill eagles
>>
>>8678676
I was a busboy for a few months back when I was younger. I really hate being around people and making small talk to coworkers, so it was a nightmare, especially when we were slow. I just stopped showing up one day
>>
>>8678697

I bussed in high school and first year of college. Wasn't that bad. I'm kind of a splerg so I had no patience dealing with customers/managers/bartenders/cooks. As a busser you just cleaned tables. Some nights I made more than servers because you would help the bar out for an extra hour and get some good $.
>>
>>8679025
>Some nights I made more than servers
Lol bullshit. This is like when millionaires claim that people on foodstamps eat better than them. If you made half of what the servers make youre lucky
>>
>>8678676
Your parents raised you wrong.
There's nothing wrong with hard work. I'm an engineer who earns a six figure salary NOW, but guess what my first job was (at 14, under the table) a DISHWASHER. Everyone has to start somewhere, guy.
>>
>>8679042
>Lol bullshit.

Uh, no stupid. If a servers made lets say $100, I would make around $70. And if the bar was busy and the bartender asked you to help out, they would throw you anywhere from $40 to $60 (depending on the bartender).
>>
>>8679061
Where did you work? Last place where i was i made 50 a night on average and the servers made 200-300 depending
>>
>>8679077

This was back in '99 to around '04, but it was a just your typical bar/pub restaurant. $100 for a server was a "typical" night, but they made around $150 to $200 on Fri, Sat, and Sunday.

And as I said, the bar put the busser over the top on some nights. Normally it used to be 2 (on weekends 3) lazy bitches behind the bar and technically it was there job to restock all the beers and move kegs into the cooler at the end of their shift. But as I said they were fucking lazy so they had no problem giving the busser $20 to $30 each to do all this shit (took about an hour tops). So sometimes you'd make $90 for an hours worth of work, on top of your regular floor pay as a busser.
>>
>>8679057
im not a wagecuck. im about to transfer to a top tier uni through working at good grades. ive also held other jobs prior to dishwashing. my dad, who is a business owner himself, congratulated me on quitting, as he too realized how shit the job was.
>>
>>8678735
this
The bartenders always make the most. They gotta do quite a bit of work depending on the bar, but the tips you get from drunks are always super good.
Servers and host are rolling in a decent amount of cash too for the small amount of work they do. serving people is hard when you first get started, but after a couple of days to a week anybody can be a competent server provided they lack autism
Management at a lot of the restaurants I've worked at had pretty good salaries but had to do a lot of tedious shitty work, but nothing compared to BOH
Bus boys get tips too so they are still leagues above the BOH as far as I'm concerned
Cooks & prep cooks often don't make much more than minimum wage and sweat behind the line for a nice 10-12 hours and then clock out to clean so they don't cost the restaurant overtime
Dishwashers at most places make like 3 bucks an hour so they can send their family in mexico money. I've never seen a white dishwasher except for when a spic got fired and we had to do dishes off the clock ourselves
>>
>>8679124
>ive never seen a white dishwasher
>tfw was a dishwasher for over a year
>>
I'm a barback right now.

I absolutely hate it but they keep bartending in front of me like a carrot on a stick. I might quit soon.
>>
>>8679144

How much do the bartenders make a night where you work?
>>
>>8679144
They do that with bussers do. Which is funny because most servers i talk to are women or chads that never had to bus before serving
>>
File: youwhatnow.jpg (167KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
youwhatnow.jpg
167KB, 1280x853px
>>8679116
Then your dad is a wackadoo.
The only reason to quit a job is if you get a better one, you can't do the job, or your employer or manager is a fucking shit. You (and your dad) come from fairyland.
>special snowflake can't do simple tasks to earn money without feeling "burdened", daddy tells him it's okay to quit
>mfw
>>
>>8678676
this bitch is a sociopath no doubt
>>
>>8679124
literally got paid $11 to wash dishes. granted there was only 4 of us, and there were 600 people a night
>>
>>8679158
Good goy. Get exploited by (((corprate))) because muh werk ethic
>>
>>8679158
lmao, mad that privileged kid younger than him is going to experience a better quality of life. stop being a faggot, that's not how the world works.
>>
>>8679151
A lot. I don't know how much they take home on a nightly basis but their base salary is lower than ours because they make a killing in tips. Once I factor in tips I typically make about 15 bucks an hour. So the Bartenders are rolling in it.

One of the barbacks worked out in the prairies during the oilboom and he said one of the bartenders was making the same amount of money as he was, which is a lot.

>>8679153
Yeah it pisses me off, and I know for a fact if one of the servers asked to be a bartender they'd just give it to her no questions asked while I bust my ass and get zero respect.
>>
>>8679158
Dunno about that. I make 6 figures as a software dev and I've quit plenty of jobs just because I could. The idea that spending your free time watching the clock for a few bucks builds character is complete bs.
>>
>>8679057
>>>8678676 (OP)
>Your parents raised you wrong.
>There's nothing wrong with hard work. I'm an engineer who earns a six figure salary NOW, but guess what my first job was (at 14, under the table) a DISHWASHER. Everyone has to start somewhere, guy.
This. A job worth doing is a job worth doing well. It's a very important job, and can make or break a restaurant, if dishes are amazingly clean, cookware always ready. I eat anywhere once, but where I notice the dishes or silverware aren't squeaky clean, and can't be replaced with clean options, I'm never going back. This is a back breaking job, likely, because I don't love doing dishes at home, so if you are out of shape in the gut it'd be worse, but it doesn't require a brain, good looks, charisma, or anything a fresh immigrant might not manage front of house. A loner who wants to be left alone, headphones on, just there for his paycheck might even enjoy it. I have done dishes in a laboratory, as part of my daily job, drilled out metal memory in machines with a long handled drill bit, smelled sulphurous gas, gotten molten burns from liquid nitrogen, lithium carbide, and had charcoal lung much like a miner would. Not all jobs are "dirty jobs" for high pay, but I don't think some jobs are meant to be careers. It could certainly be a proving ground for kitchen staffers, maybe even a rotation duty just to ensure cross-training.
>>
>>8679172
It's really obvious you have no idea how the world works, because you lack any character whatsoever.

>>8679180
Again, zero character. Being able to walk into any job you don't deem beneath you only gives you a false sense of security and lack of understanding. You have lack of values.
>>
>>8679197
>muh moral superiority

have fun cuck
>>
>>8679179
>A lot.

Gotcha, but "a lot" varies. One of the bartenders at a place I go to says he makes around $300 on a good night. Whereas at another place where a friend of mine works (a few miles away) they make $400-$500 on a good night.

>Yeah it pisses me off, and I know for a fact if one of the servers asked to be a bartender they'd just give it to her no questions asked while I bust my ass and get zero respect.
Owners/management will almost always put a girl behind the bar before a guy, just the way it is. One thing you can do is to try and learn the drinks (if you don't already) and most importantly learn the POS system. Servers already know the system so in the owners mind it's a natural transition. You should try and grab a couple of server shifts for the sole purpose of learning the computer.
>>
>>8679207
>Gotcha, but "a lot" varies. One of the bartenders at a place I go to says he makes around $300 on a good night. Whereas at another place where a friend of mine works (a few miles away) they make $400-$500 on a good night.

Yeah, thats why I said I don't know.

>Owners/management will almost always put a girl behind the bar before a guy, just the way it is. One thing you can do is to try and learn the drinks (if you don't already) and most importantly learn the POS system. Servers already know the system so in the owners mind it's a natural transition. You should try and grab a couple of server shifts for the sole purpose of learning the computer.

I know most of the drinks and I have two bartending certificates. I can't get a server shift because it isn't run that way.

I only wanted to bartend because it seemed like a good way to make money while I'm in school, but honestly I'm so sick of bars I don't really care anymore.
>>
>>8679197
You can't be serious, you really think you can judge someone based on whether they've quit some jobs in the past. The whole point of shit jobs is that they aren't permanent
>>
>>8679228
>I can't get a server shift because it isn't run that way.

? You mean if you went to the manager and said "can I have a server shift?" they would say "no"? Why?
>>
>>8679239
Well there's a plethora of reasons, but the big one is they only let girls serve.
>>
>>8679235
No, but I can judge someone who walks out of a shit job just because "wahhhh, I don't like it" when they don't have anything else already in line.
>>
>>8679010
>a few months back
>when I was younger
>>
File: 111.jpg (30KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
30KB, 500x380px
>>8679304
>>
>>8679272
You dont live forever you fucking faggot. Dont waste your time if you fucking hate the job get something a little better
>>
I work as a customer service rep/sticker poster/pizza cutter for Dominos. Senior in high school. I've made $7.25 an hour for a year with the promise of getting a raise once I learn how to make pizzas. The thing is, I now know how to make pizzas and do it regularly, but they prefer to have me up front answering phones when I've been here all this time and they won't give me a raise. It's really infuriating
>>
>>8679437
hopefully this teaches you to not become a wagecuck in the future. be sure to get an education anon
>>
>>8679304
kek realized that after I posted. What I mean is I lasted in the job for a few months. It was almost 10 years ago
>>
File: 1479273767851.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1479273767851.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>8678676
I work as a line cook, it's bitch work slave labor for $9 an hour but with the right coworkers, everything flows effortlessly and work doesn't feel like work when we're all helping eachother.

Also the head chef lets us load up on food, anything I want all day every day. Still don't like the job because the majority of coworkers are fucksticks that can't put in real work without crying.

Working as a line cook with being bros with the bartender makes for easy shifts. I always treat bussers and dishwashers with respect, most underrated niggas in the building desu.

Got a really nice job offer from someone I used to train, way better hours, benefits and pay is retard good.
>>
>>8679402
>this is what losers really think

Enjoy your shitty life. Do you even know how bad it looks to employers to have too many jobs in too little time on your resume? Or to have too many gaps between jobs?
>>
>>8679593
Wow you really are a good little sheep aren't you. I guess the machine needs cogs like you that just turn predictably. I have gaps all over my resume and had multiple offers before I graduated
>>
File: 1487770039737.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487770039737.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>8679593
I'm sure that pizza delivery/burger flipping job are going to land you those high profile jobs, anon.
>>
>>8678676
Annie used to be so hot now she looks like a troll. :^{
>>
>>8679689
hey faggot, i will find you and beat you
>>
>>8679562
what are your dreams and goals? would you say you are fulfilling them?
>>
>>8679197
>character
>zero character
maximum autism
>>
how hard is dishwashing, really

i worked in a metal shop lugging around 100lb slabs for barely over minimum wage, dishwashing seems comfy in comparison
>>
I worked in McDonalds for several years and they was the best time of my life. I learned so much from the world class chefs who taught me how to make the greatest chicken sandwiches in the world.
>>
>>8678676
>quitting a job after one weekend
what's it like being a pussy? do you still live with your parents? are you even old enough to post here?
>>
>>8680156
is this your attempt at being funny? kill yourself
>>
>>8680131
Immaculate example of someone who lacks character.
>>
>>8679562

This. You develop a sense of camaraderie cooking through dinner rushes with your bros, then when the shift is over knock back a few drinks with em. The weak will weed themselves out, and you become part of an indispensable team. The suffering is strangely satisfying if you're suffering together.
>>
>>8678676
Yes, I do a little bit with food like prep, make pastries, carve meat, GM, etc.. But mainly wash dishes and clean the kitchen up. Pretty much whatever the chefs and cooks don't wanna do. Not bad pay for an as needed employee. I work as much as a part time. I like my job there until I get through college. Working in a hot kitchen builds character and teaches you how to work well under pressure. Especially if you work in a ritzy place where everything needs to be perfect all the time. And Anon, good luck at your job. You will do well and just stick through it for now and don't be a pussy. I know an old man who washed dishes at the same place for 9 fucking years.
>>
>>8678697
>>8678724
>>8678735
spoken like people who have never cooked and have only waited tables. act like cooks aren't basically directly beneath management. tards
>>
All the jobs in this thread sound like utter shit.
>>
>>8680535
>cooks directly beneath management

Fucking hilarious. Tell me more about this makebelieve land...
>>
I was a server. Worst job in my life. No training. Horrible boss who blamed everyone for his own problems. Bad pay. Customers didn't tip. Sexual harassment every day. No work schedule. No food, water or toilet breaks. And to top it off my boss spread rumors that I got fired for bad behaviour after I quit.

Never working in a resturant again.
>>
>>8678697
>barback worse than host
what kind of place did you work that being a host was better than being a barback?
Other than that I agree with the list.
>>
>>8679124
Most of what you said is illegal and you won't find anyone who will work without pay. If I had to clock out to clean then nothing in the kitchen would be cleaned.
>>
>>8680535
i have never waited my entire life you idiot
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_768.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_768.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I work in the gastronomy & i did many things in different restaurants. you know what this is all about? self sacrifice & passion
>>
>>8678676
Some people don't need intellectual stimulation, they just trudge along and do the same thing day after day.
>>
>>8681169
I bet you're still waiting to misplace your EVOO aka lose your virginity aka get ya dick wet amirite???
>>
>>8678676
Dish washing is one of the most chill jobs in a restaurant. Keep a steady pace and you are golden. We don't have dedicated dishwashers where I work so everyone in BOH and ownership hop on when it needs done.

> how the fuck do people willingly work those shit jobs considering the hours, the pay, and the workload?

Mom and pop places don't have heaps of corporate bullshit to deal with. You work with tons of batshit insane people who make the job fun. Some of us enjoy murdering a weekend dinner rush.
>>
>>8679124
>and then clock out to clean so they don't cost the restaurant overtime

How cucked do you have to be to EVER do this.

I would quit the moment that chef/management suggested this.
>>
>>8681201
>projecting this hard
I lost my virginity in high school. When you're suppose to lose it. kys
>>
>>8681231
Quit? I would submit a complaint to the Department of Labor and start the lawsuit. That is completely illegal
>>
>>8678676
You really have to need the money to stick with dishwashing. I did it for awhile and when it became clear I wasn't getting moved to cook I quit with zero notice. Went on to learn semi fine dining and it was hard as fuck for awhile
But once you learn the station and how to work quickly and cleanly with a knife you're golden.

I watch YouTube videos of famous cooks doing normal knife work and the comments are full of people being amazed and impressed by their knife skills and I'm sitting there going nigga you need to learn that shit of you want to have any success as a line cook or even just doing straight prep work. Once you figure out how to prep 6 hrs of work in 3 hours you're golden. It takes a special kind of person to cook and you obviously weren't cut out for it, don't blame yourself. I just really wanted to learn how to cook. But I knew the whole time it was way too much work for shit pay. But the techniques, knife skills, and recipies i learned are invaluable. I'm a much better cook than any of the hacks that post here lol. That idiot doing the sous vide rib steak yesterday re affirmed my belief most people know fuck all about cooking. I can make An amazing meal out of $5 of vegetables and a variety of spices that would be far more rewarding to cook and eat than any idiot with a $40 steak. Learning to cook removes that illusion that money = good food. The best meals I've ever had have been at hole in the wall restaraunts versus high end places I've worked at.

It's also mad bullsht how inept servers make far more than kitchen staff. It's so backwards. I fuckin hate stupid servers. They let the food go cold, fuck up orders and the kitchen gets blamed
>>
>>8678676
Holy shit I never go on /ck/ and walking into this thread feels the same as passing those hobos on the street on my way to uni.
>>
>>8679057
>Everyone has to start somewhere
So you're telling me being a dishwasher was integral experience to you being an engineer? Not the schooling and internships? As if some employer would look at your resume and say "sorry, anon, but the experience isn't here. Everything else is great but if you don't have any experience washing dishes, driving a garbage truck, or doing manual labor we have no place for you."?
>>
Busboy>>host>>chef(sushi)>>barback>>bartender>>sandwhich maker

Its always bout making it enjoyable in your own way. Jobs are hard to come by nowadays even if they do suck.
>>
>>8680598
Hosts are basically paid to be attractive girls. They dont actually do shit. While bar backing is manual labor for 12 hours
>>
>>8678676
Working in an office is actually worse.

Did both.
>>
>>8681325
I know right? I've washed dishes and cooked and I don't look down on anyone for quitting a dishwashing job. Especially at some ragtag kitchens with poor setups. It's a hard, dirty, stinky job, but I wanted to eventually be a line cook
And I enjoyed
Just doing my own thing

One thing that bothered me
The most though was when the cooks (who weren't even that great of cooks, I later learned when I became a good cook myself) would treat me bad and not make me good food to eat. Like, I'm busting my ass washing dishes and cleaning up servers lazy crap (learn to stack dishes morons) and the Damn cooks can't throw a fucking burger or cheaper steak on the grill for me when it slows down? Shit pissed me off sometimes. Or once I came in and some passive aggressive fsggot during the day had found a dirty pan that was put back (by a cook that hopped in pit while I was cleaning the bathroom!!!) with a "what the fuck is this this is bullshit!!" Sign posted to it. Instead of simply washing it and telling me to be more Careful some daytime prick chose to insult me and degrade me.

The funniest part is they all treated me like a clueless underclass when i worked
Dish, i got sick of their shit and quit, got hired to cook at a high end golf club and then moved onto better menus and became a better cook than those morons were

They all went to culinary achool too lol. I learned more than you would
Working 6 months at my first cooking gig than those idiots did in two years of school.
For anyone thinking of culinary school, don't. Save the money. Start from
The bottom in as kitchen as dish at a place with a good menu and competent chef who LOVES food and treats ingredients with respect, and work fast, in slow times help prep basics, try to pick up a shift here and there doing salads and prep, and eventually a spot doing full time prep will open up. Then learn all the recipies and how to work quickly and safely with a good knife
>>
>>8679562
I always hooked up the bussers and barbacks with food. In return they'd bring me an endless supply of redbull from the bar. Was a nice trade off.
>>
>>8680584
tits or gtfo, slag
>>
>>8680152
Why dont you try it out then? I started out dishwashing before I became a line cook and went home with steam burns every night.
>>
>>8678676
Because that's a job for teenagers that want the money.
>>
>>8681429
Eventually someone will Be sick or miss a shift or need your help on line dual action on one station...show them what you are capabale of.

When all is said and done, if you don't absolutely respect and adore food and value quality ingredients and especially if you have a garbage palate and eat trash junk food all day, don't bother.
I've worked with so many people who only cooked because it's an easily attainable job with a bad employment
Or criminal record. These
Ppl were the worst fucksticks...

I am reminded so much of the cooks that I worked with and under at shitty pubs who would talk down to me and test me like an idiot ..

I walked out during dinner rush at this trash but popular pub because the cunt ordering me around on the station wnates me to wash off with water the wrong deep fried rib lung BBQ sauce and refry it and put the correct
Sauce on it. I said that's disgusting I'll just make a new one and she said that's not how we do it here; the realization of the low standards of the place
Fully dawned on me at that point and I walked out

They all thought I was an idiot cuz I didn't know how to make their shitty food yet I went on to work at much more quality places. Imagine going from doing deep fried garbage appies & garbage tier vacuum sealed steaks to a place
That got daily
Deliveries of organic heirloom produce, big sides of AAA beef we would have to trim and chop into steaks, handmade salsas and etc. I learned so much after that
>>8681192 washing dishes can be meditative and far more relaxing and fulfilling than being a fuckin cubicle cuck . I came up with lots of creative ideas in the dishpit
>>
>>8680562
Anon, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the intergalactic solar flare blachole ass fuck
>>
>>8678676
I could deal with the hours and the workload.

But I just can't deal with the filth. The dirty floors, counters, bathrooms, the smell of grease that follows you home, the noise, the sweat. And this is why I don't like eating at restaurants anymore.
>>
I was a dishwasher at OCB, IHOP, and a smaller local chain. First one was all right but busy (but busy is good, you think about shit less at work and the bosses are also too busy to micromanage you or fuck you over on scheduling), IHOP was fucking terrible and taught me never to trust managers, third one was not that bad. The owner was a huge cheapskate and eventually paychecks started bouncing lol.
>>
>>8680643
you will in the area I live. Sure you could fight it, but you'd be gone and replaced in an instant and nobody would give a fuck. There are practically no openings for work in kitchens either because it's so saturated that you'll be jobless for a while too.
>>
>>8679437
>I've made $7.25 an hour for a year with the promise of getting a raise

I don't mean to come off sounding like a dick, but are wages really so low in the U.S? In Canada, the minimum wage is at least $10/hr in every province and territory, with some places being higher that $10. Granted, the cost of living is a bit higher here, but the thought of being paid $7.25/hr somewhat chills my bones.
>>
I used to work as a line cook at a local restaurant. I'd wash dishes when necessary, but otherwise we'd hire high school boys to be dishwashers and high school girls to be bussers. Made for an awkward hormonal situation.

But we had a pretty well-oiled machine. I learned a helluva lot about cooking during my time there (little previous experience) and I enjoyed the comraderie.

Now I'm a white collar professional, but I still look back on my time there fondly.
>>
>>8681899
>Cost of living is 25% more in Canada
>Literally equal pay as far as purchasing power

of course it's a retarded leaf.
>>
>>8679186
Bump
>>
Used to do bartender, barback, server, host, and dishwasher at an earls it was actually pretty fun until my fucking autism got me fired.
>>
>>8681899
Things are more expensive in Canada
>>
I cook food
>>
>>8681911
Calm down, nigger. It was a simple question.
>>
>>8681868
>a cuck is someone that doesn't work a low skill, low paying job and doesn't submit to the authority of retards

wew lad
>>
File: 1446416210786.gif (619KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1446416210786.gif
619KB, 500x330px
>>8680152
How hard is dishwashing?
Not hard at all. Its the people/set up thats hard.
>be dishwasher
>boss comes in and says were gonna revamp the restaurant and make it better
>tells me to not clean/de muck dishwashing unit
>tells me not to fill up 1st or 2nd sink in 3 compartment sink set up
>tells me to be as fast as other dishwashers even though only i am being told to wash dishes differently
>be confused eternally
>be forced to quit by little hours given for job
>hear a couple months later the whole sink ripped out from the wall and fell towards dishwasher that replaced me
>laughter.jpg
>>
File: st vincent waitress.jpg (91KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
st vincent waitress.jpg
91KB, 750x750px
>>8678676
>>
>>8678676
Line cook is AIDS and the hours suck. Front of house is where the money is at for starters. If you want to cook, you must start as a line cook and slowly climb the ladder. However, dishwashers get nowhere. Don't be one.
>>
>>8679593
>he is honest on his resumes
>>
I did dishwashing for about 10 months before finding an actual job. Got paid $12/hr and the work was pretty damn easy, was during sort of an off-season in activity though. Only issue was being a bit stinky back there, but oh well. There's nothing difficult about monotonous labor work, especially with music blaring all night.
>>
>>8679124
>Cooks & prep cooks often don't make much more than minimum wage and sweat behind the line for a nice 10-12 hours and then clock out to clean so they don't cost the restaurant overtime

Don't do that. It's better to not work in a shithole like that than work for free
>>
>>8679144
>>8679153
Fact is unless you are Chad you will move up the foh chain. Boh are all junkies, dropouts, felons, sperglords. I'm sous chef and a coke addicted college dropout with agoraphobia that I deal with by doing coke and cooking because I love both. Chef de cuisine did fifteen years for human trafficking, covered in peckerwood ink but found Jesus and now he never swears. It's a pretty fancy place. You're not Chad, just transfer to the dish pit and work your way up the boh ladder
>>
>>8683800
thx lad
>>
>>8683820
t. shitty dish bitch bad at his job so none of the cooks liked him
>>
>>8681448
>experience sexual harrasment
>must be a woman
>>
>>8679057
There's nothing wrong with hard work, but for some strange reason you didn't spend the rest of your life washing dishes
these entry level, low-skill jobs are generally done by specific kinds of people in particular situations in their lives
That's sort of the answer to the question 'How can people do this shit work?' anyway.
As an introduction to the workforce which demonstrates to your next stepping stone that you can show up on time and roll your sleeves up, but generally it's because it's low-skill work easy to get into which can look real seductive when the bills are piling up.
>>
>>8679593
a shitty life would be working a job that you hate unless it's going to take you somewhere you want to be
>>
>>8679057
>>8679186
>>8679197
get a load of these cucks. a job is a paycheck, nothing more, unless you're working for a charity or something. and washing dishes means a shitty paycheck that you can't live on.
>>
>>8684633
are you cute
>>
>>8684980
>Anons talking about working hard and making moves to improve their lives
>Calls them cucks

Why do you people have such a fascination with Dashawn's veiny, throbbing member up in your imaginary wife's twat?
>>
>>8678676

Working in the industry made me want to kill myself. For years I wanted to be a cook. Worked in shitty restaurants as a kid, washing dishes, and whatever else I could get hired for, eventually landed myself a job as a line cook, and it just sucked my fucking soul away.

Luckily I realized it wasn't for me early into my career. After leaving that job I took a job in a plant nursery getting payed more for 1/100th of the stress, and my eyes were opened to how shitty life is in a kitchen. 24 now and I'm just finishing my bachelors. I love cooking, but I'll never work in restaurant ever again. Shit sucks.
>>
>>8685203
a dishwashing mcjob isn't "a move to improve your life." it's drudgery that doesn't leave you meaningfully better off than if you were scrounging off benefits, and has negative resume value for any job actually worth having (such as the sweet public sector union job i have, which is giving me a paid snow day today).
"cuck" is a popular term because it names a real pattern of postmodern dysfunction in which the desire to "be good" aggresses against a person's basic self-defense instincts. if you take pride in washing someone else's filth off a plate for barely enough money to keep yourself in a rat trap apartment living off food stamps, you're a prisoner of ideology.
>>
>>8679593
Good goyslave
>>
File: 1489355881911.jpg (49KB, 550x585px) Image search: [Google]
1489355881911.jpg
49KB, 550x585px
>>8678697
Exec>maitre d>gm>head chef>som>sous>bar staff>cdp>waitstaff>dishboys>busboys
>>
>>8681257
>That idiot doing the sous vide rib steak yesterday

That's just an attention seeker, it's probably THE LOUDPOSTER back after his ban, and now he's super-salty, so he's going to shit up the board again.
>>
>>8679170
Most people don't have another option, neet. Try not living off daddy's labor for once
>>
At a japanese place

The dishes there are a fucking soul grinder. On a busy day you will come to hate humanity with a white hot intensity after you scrape out your 50th completely full veggie tempura bowl

I've bitched about this in other threads, but it drives me absolutely insane when faggots order these meals and don't eat any of it

If there's one good thing, dishes in any other situation are a walk in the park now in comparison. Got that perspective

>>8683357
This. The work is not physically intensive, but it's basically a hundred headed beast

>Dishes from the actual food served
>Silverware
>Teacups, tea plates, sauce dishes and those tiny sake decanters and shot glasses
>regular drinking glasses
>The trays all of the food gets handed out on
>Jap food so every bowl has to have a smaller bowl on top as a presentation lid
>Literally everything the kitchen itself uses

These things get put in separate spots, some have to be carried up to the front, some have to be loaded up in a tub and put on a shelf some ways from the dish pit

Everything has to be washed/scraped out and put in a sanitizer and then unloaded and put back where they're needed

If you're doing food orders, at least there's the other cooks to divide up the tasks among. If you're in dishes, you're on your fucking own

If you can't multitask like a fucking machine, while you're working on three different things, the other four will start piling up and then you get the fucking calls from every direction

>More utensils!
>More glasses!
>More Lids
>Ay anon wash this fucking bucket lined with food grade tar

Doesn't help that I'm a slow autist who doesn't handle charged high speed environments well. Whoops.
>>
>>8688169
Loooool except i was raised in foster care and ran away at 17 with only 200$ saved up. Im definitely not remotely wealthy and make just a bit over the poverty line. Theres plenty of ways to make money without kissing your drunked restraurant managers ass
>>
>>8688412
Gonna need two posts for this autism

And the servers. Sure they're nice enough people but I'll think about drowning them all (or myself) in the oil fryer multiple times an hour

>drop down glasses out of my reach so I have to stretch armstrong like a motherfucker

>all but fucking throw stacks of dishes without hardly looking to see where they're putting them down.

When you have multiple plates or bowls, or an entire stack fall over and spill everywhere because the asshat dropped it at a fucking 45 degree angle, you start to judge the pros and cons of being convicted of a crime of passion

>the receptacle for utensils is closer to the front of house than it is to me, but they almost never take out forks or whatever themselves, and I have to once again pick them out and reach like an idiot to put them in

>There's specifically a raised shelf for the glasses to be put on to separate them from the incoming dishes, but motherfuckers will just crowd them in with everything else

And nothing singes my sphincter more than when they come to the window and ask where their washed forks are while I'm elbow deep in rice and peanut sauce and they were just a moment before standing around up front talking

/blog

Phew, needed that vent

Seriously though, if you go into a kitchen to be a cook and they try to stick you to dishwork only, fuck outta there. You won't be doing yourself any favors if you don't put your foot down and push to do the work they offered you to do
>>
>>8678697
server = bartender > hosts = cook (usually same pay counting host tips) > prep > busser/foodrunner > dishwasher

washing dishes is backbreaking labor at the lowest form, I made more money bussing tables than a dishwasher could possibly make at my job

then again bussing/foodrunning relies on tipouts from servers (1.5% of sales) and the bartender also has to wait tables to make money, but they get 1% of tipout

my job is also fucking shit and understaffed but I can make $150 a night waiting tables with minimal effort so whatever
>>
>>8688443
>Loooool
get the fuck back to where ever you came from
>>
>>8688905
Im an oldfag but i just couldnt help it. The idea of me being rich Ac
>>
>>8681899
>the thought of getting paid less but having higher purchasing power chills my bones
liberals everyone
>>
>>8688445
There's a special place in hell for the asshats who drop knives in the opaque dish water
>>
>>8681899
I worked full time through highschool for two years, eventually running the only restaurant in my town and cooking for 60 hours a week and was only raised to $7.35 an hour in those two years, although I was under 18. This was just 3-4 years ago
>>
Idk I work making pizza and I love when they are eating what I made and saying wow is good
>>
File: 1480638092898.jpg (199KB, 1356x760px) Image search: [Google]
1480638092898.jpg
199KB, 1356x760px
>>8685332
This. Classcucks are pure idology
>>
>>8681483
Same. I feel subhuman when I get home and my clothes are covered in grease marks and crusty marinara. Sometimes I don't even want to shower before work because I feel it's all for naught.
>>
>>8690153
Thankfully all the sharp shit is handled by the kitchen and they have the courtesy to not just drop cleavers wherever the dick they feel like

But I guess I'll say, even if you're just a glorified scullery maid some days, 11.50 an hour isn't so bad for a start at all for a newbie
>>
>>8688412
>>8688445

dude fucking quit, find another dishkekking job somewhere else, i learned this the hard way too, always pick a dishkekking job at a place that serves food that isn't deep fried or uses extremely thick, cakey ingredients. you have to engineer your choices in this matter.
I worked at this japanese restaurant as a dishkekker and i was expected to wash dishes by HAND in a ONE COMPARTMENT sink, before this i was expected to mop the ENTIRE restaurant with literally boiled water that i had to do myself while mixing a bunch of fucking soap and chemicals into the boiling water all in a tiny stoneage kitchen, then i was expected to sweep the entrance way and hose the sidewalk off.
there was a bilingual japanese fellow with glasses who seemed very americanized who helped me learn how to do all of these things in what i deem the japanese way. he was never overtly rude to me once but the head chef / manager was a fucking freak.
I was basically a neet applying to anything i could deem entry level on craigslist so i thought a japanese place would be cool, but no. i realised just then how frail and weak my body was, i have never been so exhausted in my life up until then. part 1/2
>>
>>8692584
part 2/2
the environment was extremely fucking astringent and grim, i got fired after the first two hours because once i finally got to the dishwashing there was so many fucking small little aluminum tin things with left over sticky as FUCK sauce (i think it may have been the peanut stuff you were talking about now) that took FOREVER to get off, the head chef told me in the most broken english ''you go faster!" and i was like uh ok.
I try my darndest to go faster but he just comes and gets fed up with me and does one plastic container in the most unthorough and unhygienic fashion i've ever seen and proceeds to put it in the clean section.
I am stunned and all the more confused by what just happened so i'm trying to get back to work and he just says something, apparently it's directed towards me and i face him and ask ''what?'' he says it again but this time in somehow even more broken english and the dude who was helping me along says to me ''uh... he wants you to clock out.''. i do this hesitantly and the head chef dude says ''forro me...'' he looks visibly irate and i cannot even begin to comprehend why as the restaurant has not even opened yet, eta two hours till it opens officialy fyi. he goes in his small office and hands me a small envelope and says ''four hour pay, you finish.'' i take it and say thank you and leave, only to sit outside on the stoop of an apartment building trying to collect my thoughts and understand what just happened. that experience has single handedly changed my opinion of japanese people and i understand what people mean when they talk about the ''sick and twisted'' work ethic that they have.
fucking christ, what's wrong with them?
>>
>>8678676
I learned a lot of shit dishwashing, namely how to suck it up and work. Granted I was a teenager/college kid, but I worked my way up to eventually being a head chef after I got my degree and couldnt find work in my field.

Im an office monkey now.

Goodluck in life OP, you lazy shit sack.
>>
>>8678676

I did one shift washing dishes years ago. first I got shouted at for being too slow, then shouted at later on for not doing it properly and had an argument with the chef. Never even went back to get the pathetic pay cheque.
>>
>washed dishes for years through uni
>learned a bunch doing prep etc
>good work environment
>good food
>my opinion carried more weight than the apprentices
>pretty adequate pay
>across the road from the beach so I just went for a swim after my shift and didn't have to wear dirty clothes home
>dated a foh qt for a bit

Life sure is great in Australia
>>
fuck off everyone

have you worked at a gas station?

everything is your fault all the time, from gas to making burgers

people are fucking rude pieces of shit
>>
>>8692587
>people who get mad at you for not washing fast enough don't even fucking try to actually clean anything

Every time. I'm sure there's a life moral in there.
>>
>>8692584
>>8692587
well, the japanese have a phrase for working yourself to death, so what did you expect?
>>
>>8692877
>gas station
>making burgers
excuse me?
>>
Management at a restaurant at the moment, but it's a sinking ship barely making £13000 a week. Job is alright, but GM is a fucking retard - we just got a new menu and he couldn't wrap his head around 9 new dishes. He just stood there with the dishes on the table, the KM explaining it to him a and repeatedly pronouncing quinoa 'kwin-o-a'.

I'm moving over to retail management, dealing with food at work is a fucking ballache, at least with nonperishable stock you don't have retards dating it wrong and causing unnecessary wastage.
>>
>>8692584
>>8692587
Good lord

In my case, the owner (who seems to be the only actual Jap working there, as it happens) is pretty chill and nice enough

Part of the reason the dishes are such fuck is that I refuse to just run them through without actually getting them clean. Thankfully unlike your case, that opinion seems to be shared, I'm just a slow fuck compared to anyone else

One fucking sink compartment, what the fuck? Did you at least have an autochlor?

I've actually applied to a meat department at a local market. I'm really actually hoping to work in butchery and if they take me I'll probably pass on

It's a good restaurant and most of the people working there are cool, it's just not my scene at heart
>>
>>8692927
You must have some shit gas stations around you m8.
>>
>>8695046
I mean I guess so

Lots of joints have hotdogs and maybe taquitos, burritos or maybe breakfast sandwiches, but I've never seen one that sells burgers except for prepackaged ones they keep next to the chicken salad sammiches
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 125x102px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 125x102px
>>8681185
>what do you do for a living?
>I work in the gastronomy
>>
>>8678676
That is one ugly human female.
>>
>>8695072
Had one out by a jobsite in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with a salad bar and kitchen pumping out sausages, burgers, mini pizzas, and specials of the day (like taco Tuesday). Legitimately good shit, used to get a big plate of fairly cheap food an a tallboy of High Life. Probably more of an out-in-the-sticks thing.
>>
File: 1384204811251.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1384204811251.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>horribly laid out restaurant
>refridgerators are all in the wrong fucking places, making grabbing ingredients quickly tedious because the back kitchen has +10 people constantly moving around with carts at all times
>the fridges are all tactically and conviniently located in the high traffic chokepoints of the already small back kitchen
>people in the back kitchen don't prep for shit
>head chef has no leadership skills
>coworkers are all lazy, whiny as fuck and suck cock at doing their jobs save for about three people
>managers are incompetent
>one person in the back has pulled a knife on three people on three seperate occasions, hightailing out of the building when one of them called the police on him
>he is still working here
>constantly work along one faggot that is never doing what he has to do, making orders go out and plays ticket fairy, "manning" the ticket printer lamenting about the new orders when a customer is waiting 40 minutes for an order of lunch to be made
>gets pissy when I point this out
>other workers never say shit and are okay with this

I swear to fuck. When I'm on my own station, doing what I need to do I'm gravy. I'll prep what I need to prep, clean what I need to clean, make what orders I need to make but fucking hell do I hate working with most of the people there. I'm fine with doing hard work but when I have to bust ass because a manchild that's 15 years older than me cries because he has 5 simple orders to do and I need to be his bitch, prepping what he should have prepped in his downtown, I'm mad.

If you can find a good kitchen that has non shithead staff and good pay, go for it. Most of the time you're going to be dealing with mentally stunted retards who don't care about cooking and are only there to collect a paycheck.
>>
>>8695101
>human
oh, my!
>>
>>8695240
dude find a better workplace. By the way that you describe it it sounds like a shitty place to have lunch/dinner and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes under.
>>
>>8695240
>>8695311

how the food tho?
>>
I've been working at my job for half a decade now, and I've been offered almost every position within the restaurant, but I've turned it all down to be a dishwasher.
Washing dishes is the best job in a restaurant. It's relatively low-stress, you get to think of newer, faster ways to run dishes, you get to eat scraps, and you generally don't have to deal with customers.

I make $11.50 and I'm scheduled 40 hours, but we're always short so if I want to work every day, I can get 16 hours of overtime, so I end up making enough money to get by where I live.
It's probably the best non-career job. I'm planning on sticking with it until I get out of school.
>>
>>8695435
>eat scraps

Nigga no!
>>
I used to know this dishpig that would drop acid before his shift, not all the time but on a Friday night shift he would.

I can't imagine it being that much fun.
>>
>>8695451
I live in colorado

Half the fucking servers are high on grass
>>
>>8678676
Hey why don't you quit being such a loser and work for your money? Don't expect life to be so easy spoiled cunt. Better not be eating my taxes in the future because manufacturing was too much and acted up to get fired.
>>
>>8695311
>dude find a better workplace.

A coworker that I used to train is trying to hook me up with a job outside of the food industry and pays much more so I'm just waiting it out in the meantime.

>I wouldn't be surprised if it goes under.

Sadly, it won't. As terrible as the food is, this is a franchised restaurant that I won't get into the name of but we get a lot of buisiness.
>>8695351
Largely dependent on who's working. When the good people are working, everything is cooked at an acceptable level and nothing is overseasoned or overcooked. When the whiny fags are working, a customer can expect overseasoned, mushy vegetables and very little care put into food. All after they wait 35 minutes for a simple meal of rice, proteins and mixed vegetables that goes for $30 a plate.
>>
Busboy here, I'm making minimum wage plus tips and it evens out to 12 bucks an hour. It's a fucking dope entry level job, just hang out, bs with the line and hit on servers. God knows why i'm training to be an expo.

>>8678882
This, or drinks, when i ask if you need anything else, I just want to make sure your order's not fucked up.
>>
>>8696367
If you hang out while we're in the back busting ass, I'll crawl out the food window and stab your fucking eyes out
>>
File: 177 - CAhk1dt.jpg (55KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
177 - CAhk1dt.jpg
55KB, 625x417px
>>8678676
I work as a food preper and the work isn't that bad if you have cool ass coworkers
>>
My first "real" job was a buser.

Fuck that job. Fuck servers. Fuck cooks. Super fuck management. Dishwasher is a legit nigga.
>>
Was at a desperate time in my life, just moved states and needed a job, could have done anything at that point.
Friend got me a job in the kitchen working under him and a celebrity chef. started off as a dishwasher, then to prep, then to line cook. started with 0 experience, and now i somewhat know how to run a kitchen.
got me some knife skills, and know how to cook and prep fancy food

would i do it again? hell no. slave labor for 12 bucks an hour? fuck that.
>>
>>8678724

>working first job as dishwasher after experience in everything else
>first week
>get admired by two managers about how ahead of things I am
>get text about starting new job full time if possible on the way to work
>thinking I want that but this has been good so far
>third manager who runs all of the shifts I'd be working in the future
>show up 20 minutes early and go to grab something to drink before i start as was established as allowed and standard
>it's out of what I want
>manager is too busy drinking what I know is from the empty drink machine
>see that she's sitting at a table near the machine with cucumbers and berries in the drink
>alright then
>start shift by grabbing the massive amount of dishes left in a random spot on the floor
>they're immediately out of dishes
>no one did any of the dishes
>she screams about how she just did the dishes
>why didn't you do any of the dishes
>i've been on the clock for 2 minutes
>I clocked on two minutes ago
>I DID ALL OF THE DISHES BEFORE THIS
>walk out
>been working same job from the text for the last 5 years and it's chill as fuck
>>
>>8681906
>white-collar professional
>doesn't know how to spell camaraderie

You are probably embarrassing yourself in e-mails and you don't even know it. Time to pick up some books, sport.
>>
>>8679205
You're an asshole. Just because you HAVE to work unpleasant jobs doesn't make you a better person for it, so stop making other people feel better they haven't suffered like you or I have

.>>8685203
You. I like you. Cheers~

From my experience doing it in three different establishments it really depends on your boss, your co-workers, the set up of the dishwashing station/kitchen, the types of things you have to clean, and just how fucking busy it is. First job was at a chill local Italian place, fed me on shift, but hours ended up sucking after business slowed down and the owner was a dipshit. Second place was a chain restaurant that I made my living at for almost two years which had the benefit of at least having some decent staff members (I managed to get good with FOH) but hours became stagnant and business dwindled to where I couldn't advance. Third place was a local burger slinger, but expected whip cracking pace that I knew I couldn't keep up with and no breaks (which is illegal).

In the end it paid the bills, but it's nothing to write home about or stick with if you can help it.
>>
>>8678676
>wash dishes in school dining center
>2 massive sinks constantly filled with hot soap and water and another sink with a high pressure hose
>Dishwashing machine that dumps boiling hot water and fucktons of steam as dishes pass through
You hardly even have to clean shit before tossing it in the dishwasher and it still comes out fine. Anything caked just sits in the sink until it's easy to scrub out. Other employees are always fucking up and making too much food to sell, which is nice to eat when it cmoes by the dish room.
Too bad the other retarded student employees are always sending knives and other sharp shit to the dish room instead of washing it in their area like they're supposed to.
>>
File: 1370152270298.jpg (47KB, 299x336px) Image search: [Google]
1370152270298.jpg
47KB, 299x336px
>>8678676
worked as bartender and server. Also had to polish cutlery during down time. (tips were evenly split between staff)

To be honest i was so busy i didn't have time to think outside of polishing cutlery.

And in that time i just had imaginary political conversations in my head or just through about youtube videos i would make but never end making them.

Overall i didn't mind it. I was contributing and making peoples nights better.
>>
>>8678676

>It's the most soulless
>I'm the fucking dishwasher

yeah, no shit, you sit in your corner scraping dishes and throwing them in water while the rest of the restaurant fucks around talking to people and making money.

The dishwasher is exactly the one I feel for the most. I had a blast as a busser and I'm enjoying myself as a server. Still want my cert though so I can moonlight in IT
>>
>>8696475
Please, anyone worth their salt who works in a restaurant knows how to stay busy during the rush, even if they have fuck all to do. The bussers who hangout with their thumb in their ass are the ones who last 2 weeks and don't make dick for tips.
>>
As someone who's worked as dish and as a cook on and off for some years I can say that the restaurant lifestyle isn't for me career wise. That being said, I love to cook and have a great deal of respect for the service industry. I was lucky enough to be taken on at a bakery as a production manager with literally no experience. Just the luck of the draw. Production is quota based. Being able to work in a kitchen with only one other person I can actually rely on and without the time constraints of restaurant production is ideal for me personally. I think if you have the passion, you just need to find the niche environment that works for you. I love my job.
>>
Im a bartender at a restaurant; as far as I can tell its the best job there; we make less than the servers because its not a sit down bar so we don't get direct tips but we do get a decent percentage of drink sale tips from the waiters. The job is piss easy; you spend about half your shift just standing or talking with waitresses/hostesses and even when its really busy its still decent; we also make more hourly than the chefs do. Feel really bad for those poor fucks
>>
I don't work in the restaurant

I work in a big shed behind the restaurant where all of the shit gets prepped for the cooks to use

I spend about four hours each shift doing nothing but laying breasts and dark meat down on a huge grill and tending to that, so it can be sent over and steamed with the veggies n shit

Got this fucking terrifying hole in one corner of the place that makes noises and occasionally steams. Nobody will tell me where it goes

The kitchen proper is a madhouse, but the shed is cool. It's basically me and this chill mexican lady and while we gotta get shit done, we're not constantly having to haul ass like the cooks

Sure my face feels like a pork rind at the end of the shift and I have no hair on my arms, but it's not a bad way of working
>>
>>8678676
Drugs & back of the house banter.
>>
File: 1487643325455s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487643325455s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>8678697
I have horrible anxiety issues, so to me, the worst position is being a server and second is host. Cooking is better than dishwashing because you at least get to move around a bit more. My back always hurts when I wash dishes, even at home.

I was a delivery driver. Even though the tips weren't always the best, and I was risking my life every time I delivered a pizza (potential car accident), I appreciated the alone time more than anything. I would even go to my apartment on the way to a delivery so I could take a bong rip or two. Bad idea in retrospect, but it was fun and easy cash.

That being said, I had to do every job when there weren't any deliveries up. Folding pizza boxes was extremely easy and solo and I went at just a fast enough pace to satisfy the managers. Minimum wage sucks, and the managers are generally assholes, but they are all simple jobs for simple minds for minimum pay, and it helps if you're in decent shape. Autists and retards do it for fuck's sake.
>>
>>8678676
i loved being a dishwasher. But i worked in a deli at a hippy liberal food store, and the area i was living in had a significantly higher living cost, so i was hired at 12$/hr. It was my favorite job, i did it for almost two years and by the time i quit i was making 15$/hr
>>
>>8697841
>TFW the pizzashit servers handle all of the booze
>>
Anyone got the word on what it's like in fast food kitchens, like McD's or Burger King?
>>
>>8700454
I got the words, but it'll cost ya soul.
>>
It's pretty different from actual restaurants, and are usually way shittier.
You're just providing slop, so it's hard to take pride in it since it's not like a diner or actual restaurant food. Customers don't give a fuck about workers so you'll get hassled during rushes. Since speed is the key the people taking orders will always fuck up on what the customers want and kitchen will get blamed. Depending on the store and area you don't get a cleaning crew/dishwashers so you'll have to clean everything yourself, that's why closing shifts are usually hated by some.

Honestly if you can get hired in a fast food place that only makes barely enough money to stay open, it will be the easiest job ever.
>>
>>8678676
I don't know about Soul Sucking, depending on the environment you can have a lot of fun back in the kitchen. it IS hard and stressful work that is very underpaid for the effort unless you're FOH, and there's always more to do.

It's better in places that are managed properly. Unlike mine REEEEEE
>>
>>8698838
>i was hired at 12$/hr
>tfw night auditor at a hotel/bistro/fucking everything that carries business at back
>tfw make 11.99 after 2 years
>tfw REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8678676
I felt that way about my current job when I first started. I stuck it out though and now kind of enjoy it. Pays well too. I'll always give a job at least a month or two before quitting.
>>
>>8700454
i was a part timer at McD while in college, ama
>>
>>8698745
>I was risking my life every time I delivered a pizza (potential car accident)
i am afraid you're a pussy. walking is more dangerous than driving a car
>>
>>8684633
this is a fair point, i am constantly harassed by:

1. 40-year-old mom, server, with two kids and a loving husband. Still feels the need to tell me about how she's trying anal, but her husband complains that she makes "weird dolphin noises" every time they try. Rubs against my ass and crotch constantly with her ass and crotch. Sometimes get a half-chub over it.

2. 26-year-old tiny red-head, server, with a boyfriend. Pulled me aside in the back where the walk-ins are at and tried to make out with me. Pretty sure she was drunk. Constantly flirts. Also touches my butt just as much, if not more, than Dirty Mom. Usually get a full-boner over it. Currently serving a 30 day stint in jail for a second DUI, but she'll be back. I wanna grab her boobs.

3. 20-something-year-old dude, bus person, possibly gay. Has frosted tips, consumes psychedelics on a regular basis, and constantly asks me inappropriate questions. He is a special lad, and I got him the job, so I basically asked for that one.

anyway, yeah, guys get it, too.
>>
>>8700654
>tiny red-head
thisismyfetish.jpg
>>
File: 1471286311988.jpg (155KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471286311988.jpg
155KB, 1000x1000px
>>8700654
>old gas station job
>tiny 16 yo red head with massive tits constantly hitting on me
>always in low cut shirts and short shorts
I could smell prison on her skin
>>
>>8700627
I can agree.
I nearly get hit by a car 2 times per day in a population 1000 town on a 10 minute walk to get food.
That or they high beam me, honk or scream at me causing epileptic seizures.

Look for walkers. Some of us are legitimately not allowed to drive ever in the US.
Do not honk at walkers.
Do not scream at walkers.
Do not use high beams when driving towards a walker, unless mandated by law or construction zone.

Most important:
CAR IS FASTER THAN HUMAN
If I am staring at you, FUCKING GO.
If I am not crossing, FUCKING GO.
If there is a line of cars behind you, do not accelerate towards me, cut me off and force me to wait five fucking minutes for the 8 guys that were tailgating your slow ass to pass.

I fucking hate cars. Stop honking at me, you're not going to find humor in a dude falling on his face on the concrete and twitching. Spooking people is highly fucking inadvisable in a life and death area.
Thanks. Drive safe faggots.
>>
>>8678676
/ck/'s idea of a restaurant is a place that pours pasta sauce onto some instant pasta after microwaving it.
>>
File: photo_2017-03-18_11-27-56.jpg (234KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-03-18_11-27-56.jpg
234KB, 720x1280px
>>8700698
>I fucking hate cars
hi, /n/! nice to see you here
>>
>>8700667
>>8700678
It's bad. She's cute as hell, has a nice ass, more-than-a-handful boobs. But, clearly, red flags. Drinking to excess while working, has a boyfriend but is clearly interested, the whole DUI thing... Eh. I'll pass.
>>
>>8700718
How old are you? Early 20s and I'd go for it. Fuck anything that moves, just wrap it up m8
>>
>>8700744
26, roughly about six months younger than she is. I just don't want to accidentally lose my job through probably-crazy-woman drama. That and her boyfriend could definitely kick my ass.
>>
>>8700749
That's pretty understandable then.
>>
File: dennisvomit.jpg (46KB, 534x553px) Image search: [Google]
dennisvomit.jpg
46KB, 534x553px
>>8700715
>gripshift
>>
>>8700820
yeah it's shitty, but i'm a poorfag and still in college and i got the bike for free, so i'm not gonna complain too much. still better than nothing
>>
>>8700824
Sure, I just had to bitch about something. As long as you ride it a lot that's all that matters.
>>
>>8679689
who's annie
>>
>>8701480
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Vincent_(musician)
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.