[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fried Rice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20160206-fried-rice-food-lab-68.jpg (244KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
20160206-fried-rice-food-lab-68.jpg
244KB, 1500x1125px
How do I make good fried rice? I have day old brown rice, ground pork, bacon, onion, veggies, egg, and okra, and shit like sesame oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce.

t. gwai lo
>>
>>8678320

I have heard that you should use ground chicken boullion and dashi... but the rest of your ingredient list sounds about right.

Stop using day old rice though.. that's not necessary... if you are going to use it, heat it up first before throwing it in your hot pan.
>>
>>8678354
I don't have dashi, but I might have chicken boullion
>>
>>8678354
>Stop using day old rice though.. that's not necessary
Maybe not necessary, but it's nice. Also, OP, I like to drop a little hoison in there
>>
cook all the ingredients separately then mix everything together at the end
>>
Use a high smoke point oil, don't crowd your wok, cut your vegetables as small OR thin as possible, don't use too much soy sauce, don't use too much garnish.
>>
The texture of the rice is the most important part, the grains have to be separate for it to work.
>>
>>8678466
Nigga I got no counterspace
>>
File: ssf-tl1080.mkv-01_03_30.181.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ssf-tl1080.mkv-01_03_30.181.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>8678497
Then make some.
>>
>>8678558
I don't just have kelp lying around m8
>>
>>8678466

if you cook things in the right order, and have a big pan, this isn't necessary.
>>
>>8678320
OP, have you ...
EVER...
seen "bacon and ground pork fried rice" on a menu somewhere?
>>
>>8678604
No, my Malaysian friend said that it is a common combo though while I was shopping so I went for it
>>
>>8678320
Whatever you do, use very high heat, don't crowd the pan, and it would be better to spread the rice out on a tray and put it in the fridge overnight to really dry out the rice and make it cold before cooking. Remember wet food = no maillard reaction.
>>
>>8678320
Fried rice is ezpz mate

>add oil to pan on high heat
>add in vegetables to sautee
>once veggies are close push them aside and scramble egg on the opposite side of pan
>once eggs are about done add the rice
>season up a tiny bit of dashi with some soy sauce and fry for a little bit until rice is thoroughly fried
Boom baby you've got fried rice. I prefer to keep my fried rice simple with just some green onion, peas, egg and carrots, but add whatever you want.
>>
youre probably using too much soy sauce or sesame oil
>>
A shit ton of white sugar. Soy sauce and a shit ton of sugar, that's all.
>>
>>8679067
isn't that just teriyaki m8?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.