[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wallet egg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: img_5412.jpg (130KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
img_5412.jpg
130KB, 1024x711px
Really want to try it out but i cant find recipe anywhere.
Googling "wallet egg" gives me articles about budgeting. Can anyone share their recipe ?
>>
>>8676940
What the fuck are you going on about
>>
>>8676940
This is what happens when people give names to foods that already have a fucking name.

It's called Eggs Over Medium.
>>
>>8676940
There's your fucking answer.
>>
>>8676940
you mean over hard eggs?
>>
I googled it for you, found the original blogpost.

It's literally a fucking over easy/medium egg with some salt on it, or maybe soy/fish sauce.

That's it. You don't need a recipe.
>>
>>8676940
OP, to me that looks like a olive oil fried egg.
You can do a little spoon over action of hot oil to make the top yolk more sturdy for your eventual flip, but that crispy lacey edge and the great olive oil flavor makes this my favorite kind of egg actually. Those are green onions/chives, and might be some seasoned salt on there, Lawrys. Needs just a little salt, finely ground black pepper, in my opinion, and great buttered toast. It isn't a bad thing to hit it with hot sauce, like cholula or crystal if you're so inclined.
>>
I like to use sunny side up eggs as my go to wallet eggs, but I have to keep a separate wallet for them since it sometimes gets messy if I keep my wallet in my pants pocket instead of my jacket, like in the summer.
First step to making good wallet eggs is finding a suitable wallet. I prefer italian leather, because it gets less particles on my wallet egg and is easier to clean up
next is to use spices that wont rub off after cooking into the egg. I prefer to use powderized sea salt, and black pepper, put on right after the egg is put in the pan so it adheres nicely to the cooked albumin.
I like to put them in the cash/egg pocket or the "main" pocket as some people call it, but if you use medium eggs, or even smaller eggs, you can even store them in the credit card slots.
clip style wallets also work, but you'll have to modify it a bit to accomodate an egg. It's honestly the best way to go about wallet eggs, but the time and effort is a little bit of a hassle, so I like the leather.
Hope this helps OP
>>
>>8678138
Pretty good
>>
>>8678138
Here's a little trick: use a wallet that's real leather all the way through, and spray some cooking spray in the cash pocket, so your egg slides right out with less resistance and less wallet residue
>>
>>8676940
you must be from hong kong
>>
>>8678518
the cooking spray wont degrade the leather, will it?
>>
File: 7c3.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
7c3.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>8676940
>>
Frying eggs till the yolks are hard and the edges are brown and crispy is the only way
>>
"The Chinese fry the egg on both sides, often lightly salted or with soy sauce (or fish sauce). Which I always did. It can also be garnished with sliced spring onion. It is called 荷包蛋, which is literally “Wallet Egg”. This is it… The egg yolk just done nicely, with abit soft in texture, but not runny. The side of the egg whites is gently charred, but not over cooked."
the mistery is fry the egg on both sides...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.