[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tuna knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: Tuna knife.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tuna knife.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
Do they really need to be that large? Can you not cut a tuna with a standard knife?
>>
I mean you could cut it with a pocket knife, it would just take forever. You could eat pasta with a toothpick, it's just not ideal mate.
>>
It's so you feel like a samurai cutting peasants like in the old days
>>
>>8670830
I would imagine you get a cleaner cut with a long, single stroke of a very sharp blade.
>>
File: Oroshi_hocho_Tuna_Knife_crop.jpg (1MB, 1502x1033px) Image search: [Google]
Oroshi_hocho_Tuna_Knife_crop.jpg
1MB, 1502x1033px
Tuna's a big friggin' fish, friendo
>>
>>8670830
are you retarded?
>>
>>8670830
It's just weeb shit. I do everything with my MRE EDC ESE BUSSE SERE Optical Tactical SEAL Crucible CPM High Speed Assault Steel Lockback Open Carry Wharncliffe which I carry everywhere because I am not a pussy like today's nu-males who need warning labels on everything (not me, I know how to handle myself around danger which is why I EDC my EDC Assault Knife, which is just a tool even though soccer moms call it a "weapon" lol).

Anyway the reason the japs need to fold their knives over 1 million times is they didn't have access to real damascus steel which was invented in the west. If they even had a small damascus knife like the one I EDC every day, they could make short work of that fish. Not that I really see why anyone would. Fish is gross. Give me a good steak. Salt, pepper, blue rare, boom. A meal fit for the gods (if they existed).
>>
>>8671917
This is dank, saving
>>
File: penis-size-chart.jpg (57KB, 680x900px)
penis-size-chart.jpg
57KB, 680x900px
>Why do the Japanese insist on having such big knifes
>>
>>8671917
i'm not even mad. OC?
>>
>>8671917
except fish markets in the US often use knives that are just as big

soooo
>>
>>8671957
Fish markets? You mean the grocery store? Unlike in Asia, in America we don't torture animals for fun because we were founded as a Christian nation. I don't think you've ever set foot in America.
>>
>>8671917
don't we have the best shitposts folks?
>>
>>8670830
Its a cultural thing, in japan you have a onceinageneration person who breaks slightly from the hivemind and does something new, after that whenever you do that thing again it has to be the same way which overtime becomes more complex and ritualised.
>>
>>8671984
>onceinageneration
fuck, i had to google that because i didn't recognize it was(n't) a word
>>
>that tiny tang
>>
>>8671963
Lol?

My local fish market has been operating continuously since 1805.

Maine Avenue Fish Market in washington DC.
>>
>>8672082
>muh fill tang
Why do spergs get so fixated on this? Are you a cutco victim?
>>
>>8672096
Not to mention, you have no idea how far the tang goes into that handle.

Nicer knives will have a stainless steel tang welded on to give better moisture resistance. Difficult to tell from the picture however due to lighting.
>>
>>8672096

It is a very well known advertising gimmick from years past.
>>
>>8671932
I would trust this chart more if they could spell asian correctly
>>
File: stone crab claws.jpg (60KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
stone crab claws.jpg
60KB, 550x413px
>>8671963
>Fish markets? You mean the grocery store? Unlike in Asia, in America we don't torture animals for fun because we were founded as a Christian nation. I don't think you've ever set foot in America.
Huh? We have fish markets in the US. Maybe you don't own a restaurant, eat seafood, travel or leave your house that you also don't also know that.
Miami River and the Florida Keys has a good dozen that are pretty fun to visit, and like this guy said...DC has a great "earliest" fish market reputation with a whole neighborhood surrounding it.
>>
if you spend $500,000 on a big tuna you don;t want to hack away at it with a shitty american baby's knife. only japanese steel is good enough.
>>
>>8672110
Clearly they mean the average in Asea, a small area in Greece!
>>
>>8670830
Does the car industry really need million dollar milling machines? Can't they just use a hand drill?
>>
>>8671766
wouldn't it make more sense to add a handle on the other end instead of using some rag?
>>
>>8672217

Some of them do have a handle on both ends.
>>
>>8672144
>comparing a precision technical task with carving chunks of fish.
>>
>>8672228

When your fish is that expensive and presentation is key it absolutely is a precision technical task.
>>
File: IMG_1275.gif (941KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1275.gif
941KB, 480x360px
>>8672231
>>
>>8672238
>I got called out for being a retard
>better post a fedora gif
>>
>>8672243
Dude no one give a fuck about some gooks obsessive fishmongering.
>>
>>8672261
Lots of people do. You don't.
>>
>>8672261
yeah, I would assume all those people buying the fish are just fake news
>>
>>8672261
Are you actually retarded?

You probably don't even live close enough to open water to ever have tasted fresh fish.
>>
>>8672270
>only people who live near open water have ever tasted fish.
Not him but you know how fucking stupid you come across as?
>>
>>8672273
Good job taking out the qualifying word from your quote :^)

>live close enough to open water to ever have TASTED fresh fish.

Just because you've had decent fish doesn't mean it was fresh. Go to Nebraska and find me some nice Otoro Sashimi
>>
>>8672277
>rivers
>lakes
>>
>>8672278
>he thinks river and lake fish are the same a ocean fish

wew
>>
>>8670830
How many times has that blade been folded?
My friend says real japanesey knives are made from metal that is folded like a thousand times when it's heated.
>>
>>8672284
How are they different?
>>
>>8672343
That's retarded. 24 is the highest number of folds
>>
>>8670830
>not wanting to cut a huge slab of meat with a small sword
why would you complain about this, honestly
>>
>>8672370
Some American custom Damascus knives have over a thousand layers.
Not sure the technique they use though.
>>
>>8672345
Depends on the fish, but a common example is Great lakes salmon vs Pacific salmon.

Other fish simply don't exist in lakes/rivers because they need the higher salinity, or their diet depends on something that only exists in the ocean environment, ocean fish tend to also be larger.

Just look at the size of a tuna
>>8671766
>>8670830

No lake/river fish is going to compare to that.
>>
>>8672383
You can't go higher than 24
>>
>>8672383
Layers are not the same as folds

15 folds will give you 32,768 layers of steel.
>>
>>8672424
Yeah, that sounds right.
To be an ABS Mastersmith you need a minimum of 2000 layers.
>>
>>8672343
Hammer forging is no longer necessary for optimizing the distribution of elements within steel or for driving out impurities.

With today's modern technology steel mills, steel sheet stock can easily be obtained with virtually no impurities and with a very even distribution of elements, so nowadays stock removal knives can be just as good as forged. What matters now is the heat treatment protocol and that all post heat treatment power grinding be done with active liquid cooling.
>>
File: Just kill me now.png (111KB, 225x308px) Image search: [Google]
Just kill me now.png
111KB, 225x308px
>>8671932
So, I did the math based on this chart.

>All penis sizes added together, counting multiples for each country (i.e. North and South Korea are 3.8 so I added 3.8 twice) total up to a global length of 77.7".
>There were 17 measurements used for this.
>The average comes out to 4.57".
>What they did to figure out the "Global Average" is add together the Asian average, USA, Australia, Germany and Congo, which is 27.3, an average of 5.46.

>MFW the people who made this thought the 67.51 million people of the Congo contribute just as much cock to the world as 4.436 billion Asians.
>>
>>8672796
That was brave of you, I wouldn't have expected them to have used a numerical average at all.
>>
>>8672804
I'm just tired of the penis length myth.
>>
>>8672796
fun fact: roughly half of all the people born in Asia don't even have penises.
>>
>>8672925
Hey, just because they're small doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
>>8671932
I was feeling a bit down today, but knowing I'm almost twice the length of other Koreans makes me feel better.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.