[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soaking Beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: red-beans-soaked.jpg (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
red-beans-soaked.jpg
35KB, 800x600px
Do you soak your beans?

Why or why not?

Also would it help to soak them in some sort of seasoning (bay leaf, dried herbs) or is that best left for the cooking process?
>>
>>8667425
To pre-rehydrate throughout. Same way as you don't start potatoes in hot water. Alsways clld so the outside don't go mushy while the inside is raw
>>
>>8667425
Also, theoretically, it would make a difference to season the water. As it gets absorbed, tasteless water will enter the beans. But bayleaf will not fragrance cold water though. Salt is all you need imo
>>
Yes, to cut cooking time and to remove (supposedly) shit that makes you gassy. Never boiled dry beans, and I even got a pressurecooker now, works great.
>>
Yes
It makes the cooking more regular. A guaranteed 1 hour, instead of the 2-5 hours it has taken me to boil black beans without soaking. The flavor is a bit less intense, but I prefer it this way. I have also found that it helps with the gas, possibly due to the uneven cooking of the non-soaked ones or some of the gas-creating molecules being leeched out when soaking.
I only salt the soaking water. Add the bay leaves and aromatics when boiling.
>>
>>8667425
Blow my beans.

Inside your girlfriend's vagina.
>>
I add a bay leaf and a clove of garlic to it and boil, that's the way I do beans for a chilli.
>>
>>8667425
>Do you soak your beans?
Yes

>Why or why not?
It makes them cook faster.
Also, discarding the soak water gets rid of some of the chemicals that can cause flatulence when you eat the beans.
>>
>>8667425
How long do you soak beans and how long do you boil?
>>
parboil your beans.

put in cold water and bring to a roiling boil. let it boil for 2 minutes. then turn off the heat and let it sit for a hour.
>>
So I can eat activated beans.
>>
>>8669253
Soaking overnight is enough.
You boil them until they are done, variety, age and soaking time all affect how long you need to boil them. Usually 30-60 minutes.

Oh, and never salt the water. It fucks them up bad.
>>
>>8669253
I don't know, this is my first time making feijoada.

I soaked em overnight but it's now been like, over 12 hours since I put them in water. Think they'll be ok?
>>
>>8670115
I'm brazilian and generally let my black beans soak for 24-48 hours in > 35ÂșC. It may even start fermenting but as long as you wash them theres no problem. Don't use the long ferment water because its gonna turn bad.
White beans are softier than balck beans and even a 2 hours soaking makes them cook much faster. On the other hand black beans are tough and 12 hours do nothing to them (specially in your colder country).

In some dishes you actually use the fermented water but the fermentation is 8-12 hours only.
>>
Soaking overnight isn't actually enough, depending on the bean. I soak my beans until the water has reached the very centre. You can tell how far the water has penetrated the bean by taking one in your half, splitting it in half, and feeling how deep you can go until the flesh becomes hard. You want the entire flesh to be soft, otherwise it needs more soaking.
>>
>>8667425
I'm over soaking beans overnight/for a period of time. I'd rather quickboil them with extra water so the beans hold their shape and might bite, they get too mushy if I let them soak.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.