[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pork Chops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2161.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2161.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
When it comes down to it, pork is my favorite meat.

Let's cook some smothered pork chops tonight. To me, this is one of the easiest recipes, and the ingredients/cost:deliciousness ratio is god tier. I highly recommend this recipe.
>>
Start with 3 lbs of bone in pork chops. Bone in is a must for this recipe. The bone and the marbled fat is what makes this delicious. Skip those lean bullshit boneless "chops."

Rinse your pork chops under the water and pat dry with paper towels. This will make your chops taste taste better and helps the dredge stick. Dredge your pork chops in flour, salt and pepper. Heat up a cast iron skillet with 1 tbsp canola oil, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp butter. Once oil is bubbling, cook chops 3-4 min a side and transfer to a plate. After removing pork chops, scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon and reduce to low heat.
>>
File: IMG_2155.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2155.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Your pork chops should be looking like this at this point.
>>
File: IMG_2156.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2156.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Add 2-3 cubes chicken boullion, black pepper, and a tsp of Cajun seasoning. Add 1 cup water and bring to a simmer. This is your gravy base.
>>
>>8654828
>gravy
>no roux
>OP pic is clearly a broth

Stop
>>
File: IMG_2157.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2157.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Get a tbsp of flour from your leftover dredge and put it in a cup or jar of warm water. Shake or stir to ensure there are no lumps. This slurry will thicken your gravy. Add to skillet and bring to light boil, stirring constantly and make sure the bottom of the pan isn't sticking or burning. After about 5 minutes your gravy will thicken.
>>
File: IMG_2158.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2158.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Reduce heat to low and add pork chops to skillet. Cover. Cook for 30 min. Your gravy should be barely bubbling.
>>
File: IMG_2159.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2159.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Start your rice as you cover your pork chops. Rice is a _must_ for this dish. Your pork chops and gravy will have thickened.

*Optional*
Remove pork chops to plate. Add sliced onion or can of mushrooms to gravy. Cook for 5 minutes. Return pork chops to skillet.
>>
>>8654844
Don't you feel dumb now
>>
>>8654868
Not at all, because you still have not made a gravy. Mixing flour with water is not a roux. You can see through your "gravy." It is still a broth and you are terrible.
>>
File: IMG_2160.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2160.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
That's pretty much it. I told you it was easy. Serve over rice. I cooked up some vegetables and a sweet potato. Hope you all enjoyed.
>>
>>8654870
You're retarded.
>>
>>8654870
Sit down you pretentious twat. Bro do you even cook?
>>
>>8654870
Are you and I looking at the same pictures?
>>
Looks good.
>>
>>8654849
without making the roux first, doesn't the gravy taste a bit like uncooked flour? or does that flavor cook out in the simmer??
>>
>>8654779
do you like that range? how much was it? what brand? how many burners? does it require special cookware?
>>
>>8655862
it cooks out. you don't have to use a roux to make a gravy. I'm surprised that people havent heard of a flour slurry to be used as a thickener.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.