[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cookies weren't invented until the 1950s Why did it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1485227040223.png (398KB, 592x855px) Image search: [Google]
1485227040223.png
398KB, 592x855px
>Cookies weren't invented until the 1950s
Why did it take so long to invent cookies?
>>
Why did it take so long for your mom to get an abortion? Other shit was happening.
>>
Cookie-like hard wafers have existed for as long as baking is documented, in part because they deal with travel very well, but they were usually not sweet enough to be considered cookies by modern standards.

Cookies appear to have their origins in 7th century AD Persia, shortly after the use of sugar became relatively common in the region. They spread to Europe through the Muslim conquest of Spain. By the 14th century, they were common in all levels of society throughout Europe, from royal cuisine to street vendors.

With global travel becoming widespread at that time, cookies made a natural travel companion, a modernized equivalent of the travel cakes used throughout history. One of the most popular early cookies, which traveled especially well and became known on every continent by similar names, was the jumble, a relatively hard cookie made largely from nuts, sweetener, and water.

Cookies came to America through the Dutch in New Amsterdam in the late 1620s. The Dutch word "koekje" was Anglicized to "cookie" or cooky. The earliest reference to cookies in America is in 1703, when "The Dutch in New York provided...'in 1703...at a funeral 800 cookies...'"

The most common modern cookie, given its style by the creaming of butter and sugar, was not common until the 18th century.
>>
>>8652742
The roast was good, but your execution was mediocre.
>>
>>8652752
It's one or the other, take your time.
>>
>>8652749
Wait, you are just copying the wikipedia article
>>
>>8653003
He gave a bunch more info than OP did. I trust someone quoting wikipedia much more than someone just guessing about the history of cookies
>>
>>8652728

Access to luxurious and otherwise unknown ingredients. In all fairness macaroons have existed in France for centuries.
>>
>>8652728
>ywn bash her gash like you bash the fash
>>
File: th.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>8652749
>t. Jas. Townsend
>>
>>8652728
this aint even true
>>
>>8652728
This is the type of chick who would talk shit about capitalism and le evil straight while male while exclusively dating rich white guys
>>
>>8652728
People were too busy dying of dysentery.
>>
>>8653744
That girl looks as gay as the day is long, anon.
>>
>>8653744
There is literally nothing wrong with healthy self-reflection followed by getting spit roasted by chads. You should try it some time
>>
>>8653155
>>8653739
1937 – The first chocolate chip cookies was invented in 1937 by Ruth Graves Wakefield
>>
I'd invent her cookie if you know what I mean
>>
>>8656085
Christ this is embarrassing
>>
File: 1484748872361.png (137KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484748872361.png
137KB, 500x500px
>Cookies came to America through the Dutch in New Amsterdam in the late 1620s. The Dutch word "koekje" was Anglicized to "cookie" or cooky. The earliest reference to cookies in America is in 1703, when "The Dutch in New York provided...'in 1703...at a funeral 800 cookies...'"[7]
>>
>>8656196
>>8656197
I see where you are confused. You are reading cookie but what they are saying is biscuit. Actual cookies are what we are talking about.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.