[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd i do, Cu/ck's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 20170304_191057.jpg (2MB, 2988x3395px) Image search: [Google]
20170304_191057.jpg
2MB, 2988x3395px
How'd i do, Cu/ck's?
>>
>>8646868
Why can't anyone fucking sear meat on this board?

DRY DRY DRY the surface of your meat before searing it (if panfrying). It's one the most important thing you can do to get a good sear.

Other than that, cooked well but you forgot to sear the sides.

Method?
>>
>>8646877
Pan, i tried to sear the sides but the pan i was using was too big, the sides weren't hot enough to sear properly
>>
>>8646883
Cast iron pan? If not, first mistake. Why not grab your tongs and sear the side that way?
>>
>>8646887
Stainless steel. I tried using tongs, but my lazy ass didn't feel like waiting long enough for the sides to heat enough. Going to try and find a cast iron next week.
>>
>>8646898
Cast iron is what you need. The heat retention on ss sucks. You put that steak on that pan and the temp. drops hard.

You got a nice even cook though, were you going for rare or medium-rare? Hard to tell.
>>
>>8646913
Medium rare
>>
>>8646916
The cooking looks good. Like you kept flipping it to keep it cooking evenly or finished it in the oven. No gradients you'd get from flipping once.
>>
>>8646923
I tried to get a sear on one side then after that i kept flipping it once every minute.
>>
>>8646925
Yeah the downside of flipping it is you will keep exposing a colder surface to the pan and driving the temp down but this isn't a problem with cast iron.

Try again with a smoking hot skillet and you'll be amazed at the superior crust. Just don't forget to pay your sides dry first. Moisture is the enemy of the maillard reaction.
>>
>>8646933
Ah shit, i put a little bit of olive oil before laying them down. Thanks for the advice, i'm new to cooking and i've been lurking /ck/ lately.
>>
File: 1450141917733.jpg (221KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1450141917733.jpg
221KB, 1200x1200px
>>8646868
That's a nice plate.
>>
>>8646942
Thanks, got it off my dad after clearing off his old crap
>>
Looks pretty good. I like mine a little rarer.
>>
>>8646868
steak: 8/10
presentation: 3/10

would eat
>>
>>8646868
Why is it raw in the middle? Do you want to get sick?
>>
>>8646941
Olive oil is okay. That sort of moisture is fine. I mean water. Oil will actually do good. I don't know the science of it, I think oil is just a better conductor of heat but water is an insulator. I could be wrong.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/12/butter-basted-pan-seared-steaks-recipe.html
This guy knows his shit well. Read up.
>>
>>8646975
Thanks
>>
>>8646972
I don't think you get sick from having just a bit of rawness in the middle, other than that the rest of the steak is fine.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.