[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Become baker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: bag.jpg (123KB, 635x640px) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
123KB, 635x640px
Whole my life I'was working as projects manager, as DJ(producer) & ect.
One day I just was too high and was home alone so I tried to bake French baguette bread... and realize that I want to be a backer... is it good ide or scumbag brain gave me a new trigger?
>>
>bakery worker

You're a robot, basically. If you are over 6 feet tall, and strong, and don't mind getting up early, then you could be a baker, but it's a pleb job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuKstAWof4
>>
File: 1456774829552.jpg (102KB, 680x966px) Image search: [Google]
1456774829552.jpg
102KB, 680x966px
>>8634593
>Whole my life I'was working as projects manager, as DJ(producer) & ect
>>
>>8634593
Here's a very helpful tip. If you smoke weed,the chances of you running a successful business are about 10%. People really really underestimate how hard it is to own a business. You may find yourself working 7 days a week for the first year and having hardly any holidays. You'll also be constantly under stress from both financial pressure and general pressure on your business. If you are becoming a Baker,are you ready to be called at 3am in the morning to let you know a crucial machine has broken down and you won't earn any money that day if it's not fixed? Oh yeah,you'll also need a faithful mechanic who's able to fix your machines when they breakdown which will happen a lot more often than you think. Don't forget customer complaints! Are you ready for 70 year old women and soccer moms complaing that the bread was "overcooked" or "undercooked"?

Take it from a guy who's father was a Baker,it's a really really fucking stressful job. Maybe if you want to just work in a bakery you'll survive but you'll need a fair bit of physical strength.
>>
>>8634602
Only true in a big commercial operation
>>8634593
If you become an actual baker be prepared for consistent 15 hour days, most of which is jumping from your Excel spreadsheet formulas over to your oven and mixer preparing dough and prepping shit.
Takes a lot of work and practice to get good at feeling when dough is at certain stages of development, learning how to handle it properly, shaping various pastries, shaping loaves, etc.
You'll need to spend lots of time reading about fermentation, developing your palate, learning about all the science and stuff that goes on in loaves, and you'll need to develop your own style if you want to last, because it's hard to stay open if you're baking the same shit everybody else in town is.
It's a lot of work for next to no pay, so make sure you don't mind living and working very hard for a meager life style.
>>
Thanks guyz you really made me to think about very important things
>>
>>8634621
Also, I'm a former baker.
You probably don't like baking as much as you think you do. Try it out and see if it's for you, but keep all that in mind. If you don't wake up literally every day aiming to make a better loaf and put smiles on all the locals faces, then don't even try, you'll just be wasting your time.
>>
I cook for just family now. it takes me 17 hours but when someone takes your bread, taste it & make some pleasure noise it gives me moore pleasure... :user:
>>
>>8634608
>DJ is a normal profession

Welcome to 2017
>>
Yes it is... but one year ago (was playing for 6 years) music stopped in my head, or dissapeared and I can't go on after that...
>>
>>8634712
No its not.
Its what idiots with unrealistic dreams do.
>>
you mean I just stopped being idiot ?
and fell in real life?
>>
>>8634761
I've seen guys make a pile of money as DJ's. It's got a limited shelf life as a career, but it's possible to do well with it for a while.
>>
Modern day baker = shove large amounts of ingredients into a machine and pres butan
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.