[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microwaved Egg.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: okbxbp18kMxVSiraZO7-o.jpg (36KB, 572x320px) Image search: [Google]
okbxbp18kMxVSiraZO7-o.jpg
36KB, 572x320px
I got up this morning and wanted to boil an egg without boiling it. So, I decided to put one into the microwave for 1:00 and then peel it. Well, I saw it cracking at 0:45 into it, so I stopped it and opened it thinking all was swell. Not two seconds later just as I'm grabbing it, it explodes and hits my face. The corner of my mouth got 2nd degree burn marks and my jaw got 1st degree burns. I guess you could say the yolk is on me. :^) Also, I did not go to hospital for it, I'm fine and dandy, thanks. :^)
>>
cool story bro
>>
Try Google before blogging about it
>>
>>8632434
hey don't microwave eggs. they get all rubbery anyway
if you want to prepare an egg quickly and you're okay with it not being hardboiled, you could try poaching it.

it's even faster if you whisk the egg first. took me less than a minute when i tried it
>>
>>8632487
i mean it doesn't factor in the time it takes to bring the water to a boil, but still
>>
>>8632487
If you microwave water for one minute, crack an egg in it and microwave for 1 more minute, it makes a killer poached egg. Just saying
>>
>>8632434
The same thing happened to my father once when he saw his normally boiled egg was still runny and put it in the microwave to firm it up. The egg yolk marks were on our ceiling for years.
>>
>>8632638
>crack an egg in superheated water
noice
>>
>>8632648
>1 minute in microwave
>superheated
have you ever used a microwave?
>>
>>8632678
So if I microwave 0.1 ul of Milli-Q water in my 4k watt Xenowave Panzer for 60 s it isn't going to be superheated?

Who the fuck uses a microwave to heat water anyway? Ghetto murkkkan Trump shit right there.
>>
>>8632690
dont be thick were talking about enough water to poach an egg in here you're gonna need at least a bowl of water
>>
Do you have to wear a helmet all day?
>>
Microwaving water ruins the texture
>>
>>8632732
Only when I ride the bus
>>
Could you put a whole egg in a bowl of water, microwave the entire thing, and get a fine hard-boiled egg doing that?
>>
>>8632434
My friend in high school showed me how to cook an egg in the microwave.
He'd crack one into a plastic bowl that was about as big around as a slice of bread. Stir it with a fork to kind of scramble it. Microwave for 60 seconds or a little longer if you've got a piece of shit microwave. Put on toast with a dab of mayonnaise or ranch dressing because that thing is fucking dry

I improved it by spraying the fucking bowl with a little pam spray first so it doesn't stick.
>>
>>8632434
>>8632638
>>8632640
>>8632808
Americans everyone.
>>
>>8632434
Sort of unrelated. Butt have cooked a egg with a milk steamer before, and that is fluffy and delicious as fuck. If you're so lazy that you can't take like 5-7 minutes to pan scramble or fry an egg, the espresso machine might make sense
>>
File: DSC_0004.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0004.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>8632962
USA #1
>>
>>8632761
No, it doesn't work that way.
Microwaves use a band of microwave radiation to cook food. This radiation causes the water molicules in foods and liquids to vibrate extremely quickly, which causes friction, and thus heat. Eggs have water in them. Although I've never actually tried it, I would think that the addition of a bowl of water would just increase the time it would take to heat it long enough to cook it.
Plus, when you heat air, it expands. When the air in the egg has nowhere to expand to, the egg blows up.
>>
>>8632434
the biography of Rick Retardo; chapter 3: microwaveable breakfast
>>
1/2 cup of water inside a small microwavable cup or bowl

Crack egg inside, make sure it's submerged, if not add water accordingly.

Cover with paper towel, small dish, whatever.

60 seconds on high

Wala. Poached egg.

You can do the same inside a cupcake tin and an oven but it takes 10-15 minutes.

Not knowing how to use a microwave is like not being able to handle safety scissors shaped like crayola markers. For your own sakes' stay away from a kitchen.
>>
>>8632434
>I guess you could say the yolk is on me. :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
Coat an egg in tinfoil, place it in water fully, microwave for a minute plus.

Thats the way to do it noobs
>>
I know the thread is supposed to be a joke but seriously are people that fucking lazy that they fucking microwave eggs?
EGGS?
Like come on now.
>>
>>8633287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IoWmUx-muM

You need one OP
>>
>>8632962
OP here, I'm Canadian.
>>
>>8633287
I really was not joking, OP here. :^)
>>
>>8632434
>I got up this morning and wanted to boil an egg without boiling it.
I couldn't even get past the first sentence, good job OP.
>>
>>8632761
This will also result in exploded egg.
>>
>>8633287

>lazy

if you can/t envisage a scenario in which it might be prohibitively inconvenient to do anything other than use a microwave or similar device to cook, you probably haven't lived very long
>>
>>8632737
Wat?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.