[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hershey's Why does their chocolate taste like actual vomit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Stop.jpg (20KB, 468x347px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
20KB, 468x347px
>Hershey's

Why does their chocolate taste like actual vomit?
>>
Because you have correctly functioning tastebuds.
>>
>>8630783
because you ate so much of it as a kid that you would vomit, now you associate the flavor of their fine artisan chocolates with vomit, because you are a privileged elite. check it.
>>
>>8630783
Because it's made from real cow's milk, unlike European chocolate, which is made from the dehydrated sweat of Arabic goats.
>>
I once had one of those abominations and it was disgusting
>>
>>8630783
It's what Americans crave.
>>
I don't mind their milk chocolate mini bars, but their dark chocolate is terrible.
>>
>>8630783
Hershey's tastes bad because the milk used to make the chocolate is lipolyzed. They basically ferment the milk and convert part of it to butyric acid because that ingredient lasts longer and cuts overhead costs for Hershey's. The "downside" is that it makes the chocolate taste tangy and sort of like stomach acid.
>>
>American """"""""""chocolate""""""""""
>>
>>8630962
Interesting. I drink Kefir so maybe that's why I don't mind their milk chocolate.
>>
>>8630783
95% sugar, 4% something, 1% somehow chocolate related. 100% diabetes in the shape of a bar.
>>
>>8630800
Trying really hard for a fpbp aren't you lad?
>>
>>8630809
>fine artisan chocolates
>chocolate flavored corn syrup
Wew
>>
>>8630783
Butyric acid

Hershey uses milk solids instead of liquid milk, and a small amount of butyric acid is created when milk solids are heated, but not with liquid milk.

European and Japanese manufacturers all use liquid milk for chocolate production.

Butyric acid is what makes vomit tastes like vomit.
>>
>>8630783
American companies intentionally sour their milk because that is what their market desires. They tried switching to normal milk once and sales plummeted.

Burgers have plebeian tastes.
>>
>>8630783
i was born and raised in pennsylvania and i think it's great

it's definitely an acquired taste though
>>
>>8630783
>>8630783
As an American, Hershey chocolate is one of the candies I refuse to eat. Ghirardelli chocolate is made in San Francisco not far from my house and it's some of the best American chocolate I've had. However I much prefer it's European counterparts as most American sweets are way too sugary for my palate. It makes me sad that American candy makers feel the need to include massive amounts of sugar in all their Confections.
>>
I don't get the whole vomit comparison but I think Hershey's just tastes very one note and boring.

Their Chocolate Syrup is still GOAT and I'll stab you if you argue otherwise.
>>
File: consume2.png (585KB, 464x495px) Image search: [Google]
consume2.png
585KB, 464x495px
>>8632938
>ghiardelli dark chocolate and caramel
>>
>>8630962
>sort of like stomach acid

Not it tastes exactly of stomach acid, because butyric acid is literally what makes your vomit smell of, well, vomit.
>>
Had one the other day and you people are crazy. It is no where close to what you say it tastes like.

I had some kinder chocolate too and while it is better than Hershey, Hershey is no where near vomit tasting.

God damn children
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.