[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next week I'm going to attempt my first sauerkraut. Any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: homemade-sauerkraut-recipe.jpg (216KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
homemade-sauerkraut-recipe.jpg
216KB, 700x467px
Next week I'm going to attempt my first sauerkraut.

Any tips?
>>
>>8627757
you have to cut up the cabbage
>>
>>8627767

I was planning to just toss the entire head into a bucket of vinegar, but thanks, that helps a lot.
>>
>>8627769
no you need to cut it up and use something smaller like a jar
>>
>>8627785

I'm pretty sure you just buy a 50 gallon bucket from Home Depot, go down to the ocean and get a bucket of water, then toss in the head of cabbage and pour in an entire bottle of white vinegar.

Then again, I could be wrong.
>>
>>8627794
u don't have to go all the way to the ocean to get the salt water u can just use the salt u have at home
>>
>>8627810

Ocean water is 99.999999% salt though.

I'm going to lactobacillus the fuck out of that cabbage.

If there were a judicial stature against the rape of vegetables, I would certainly be guilty.

That fucker is going to get fermented beyond belief.

This is my fetish.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 465x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 465x297px
>>8627816
>>
Keep the cabbage below the water level or the part that's exposed going to get funky.
>>
How much salt am I suppose to add?
>>
>>8627816
>Ocean water is 99.999999% salt though

Watchyou talkin' bout Willis?
>>
>>8627794
>go down to the ocean and get a bucket of water
I'm not making kraut with nasty ass radioactive Fukushima water.
>>
>>8628063

Why do you abstain from glorious Japanese radioactive water?

ITS KAWAII ^_______^
>>
>>8627769
>vinegar
>sauerkraut
you already fucked up. its lacto fermented not vinegar fermented. i add a teaspoon of vinegar to each jar to ensure it stays crisp and white but no more and its totally optional
>>
>>8628145
Don't they force you to drink the water and use it for rice? I heard on /a/ that they are so ashamed of polluting the ocean that they are using it all until they remove all the radioactivity.
>>
>>8627757
I was thinking of trying a batch of sauerkraut soon too, anon.

A little worried about CO2 buildup exploding my container (a 1 liter Ikea Korken jar) as I'm a poorfag. What're you using?
>>
>>8627757
Use white wine or it'll end up way too sour. Add caraway seeds and/or juniper berries. That's the Bavarian way and the best imo.
>>
>>8628477
Not OP but also interested in making sauerkraut. Wine is shit-tastically expensive where I live - any substitutes/workarounds, or should I just resign myself to overly sour 'kraut?
>>
>>8628565
Sauerkraut isn't really sour when you rinse it. Make it and see. It's the cost of a jar and a head if cabbage.

Cut cabbage, massage a bunch of salt into the leaves, pack it in jar with airlock (or balloon, or open every few days). After day or two there will be liquid. Push it all down and weigh it below liquid level. Wait 2 weeks. Eat. Easiest shit of all time. And tastes good.
>>
File: cornflakes.jpg (37KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
cornflakes.jpg
37KB, 600x401px
>>8627757
Add some whole cumin seeds and some grated carrot!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.