[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/knife/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: uraoshi.png (481KB, 794x599px) Image search: [Google]
uraoshi.png
481KB, 794x599px
Last thread >>8611443 is on autosage

Post your knife comments, questions, and opinions.

I'll start: do you normally do your own uraoshi or do you expect the store to handle that service for you? If you don't let the store do it, why not?
>>
>>8626605
I don't buy single bevel, so no, but also It doesn't really matter to me on the knives that I do buy. I tend to do a slightly more acute angle on the offhand side, but prefer double bevel, and almost no one does that normally, so I'm just used to not really liking the edge until I put one on.
>>
File: weird knife.jpg (375KB, 1075x806px) Image search: [Google]
weird knife.jpg
375KB, 1075x806px
>>8626605
What are these holes for
>>
>>8626716
Those are autism holes.
>>
>>8626716
>he doesn't know speed holes
Seriously, though, I like some of the knives that guy has made, but that shit right there has stopped me from making a purchase more than once.
I'm guessing that was his experiment in creating a blade that food doesn't stick to. I'm all for experimentation, but selling your experiments and making them a luxury item is crazy IMO.
>>
>>8626716

They used the extra material to make the second knife.
>>
>>8626716
to trigger your trypophobia.
>>
>>8626605
>Post your knife questions

Why are there so many people who don't do their own sharpening, or dont even know how? Or worse they just buy a new knife once the old one is dull?
>>
>>8628093
Because learning new things without someone holding my hand is difficult and takes actual effort as well as a real time investment, and a small monetary investment for the proper sharpening equipment.

I personally just spend the $15 for my local knife shop to sharpen my knives whenever they need it.
>>
>>8628099
It takes all of five minutes to watch a youtube video on sharpening, and you can buy a more than decent two-grit combo water stone for the price of having your knives sharpened twice ...
>>
I buy a $3 ceramic knife every month, superb sharpness. Only a poorfag buys metal.
>>
>>8628432
I had a ceramic knife once, too. Little ceramic shards kept breaking out of the edge, no matter how much I babied it. I disliked the idea of those razor sharp shard being pushed through my gastro-intestinal tract. And I also like the glass hard, absolutely unelastic feelof the balde. Apart from that, throwing a way a knife once a month is a terrible wast, and I'm not necessarily talking about just money.
>>
>>8628597
sorry, of course I meant I DIS-liked the glass hard, unelastic feel of the blade.
>>
>>8628432
ceramic knives are impressive if you've never used an actually sharp knife
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.