[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people put fake vinegar on their fish and chips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why do people put fake vinegar on their fish and chips?
>>
>>8624489
all that is needed is tomato sauce and mayo
>>
>>8624489
yes white vinegar or bust
>>
>>8624506
But that's not malt vinegar, it's fake.
>>
File: thinking.jpg (331KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
331KB, 1800x1800px
Who is to decide if the fake things are less real than the real things.
>>
Non-brewed condiment is an acquired taste.

Also

>not using chippy sauce
>>
>>8624574
wtf is 'chippy sauce' ?
>>
>>8624595
Opinion varies, but I prefer a 50/50 mix of malt vinegar and HP sauce.
>>
>>8624534
donald trump
>>
>>8624574
>non-brewed condiment
So you mean ketchup? Or mayo? Or any one of hundreds, if not thousands of other condiments?
>>
>>8624663

No, he means non-brewed condiment, fake vinegar.
>>
File: 1480756506535.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480756506535.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
what is fake vinegar
>>
>>8624489
What's fake Vinegar? Vinegar is cheap as fuck. Why is there a Need for fake Vinegar. Someting seems odd about it. Could it possible be that OP is retarded? Let's find out
>>
>>8624489
Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>8624687
>Non-brewed condiment is a vinegar substitute created with water, acetic acid, flavourings and often caramel colour.
>>
>fake vinegar

Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>8624701
Eat fish an chips? No.
>>
>>8624534
Hi Jayden
>>
>>8624489
Looking at the replies here, it's because most people don't even realise that non-brewed condiment is a thing, and that they might be using it.
>>
>>8624687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642x2Y3Zla0
>>
>>8624682
Non-brewed condiment apparently.
I feel like this is going to be a new /ck/ meme attack on Brits.
>>
>>8624740
laljoke.gif
>>
What is non brewed condiment and what is fake vinegar? A quick rundown please
>>
>>8624837

I worked in a chippie for a few years.

It's the same thing. It's "fake" because it isn't made the proper way of fermenting something.

They use chemically produced acetic acid and add flavourings and colourings to make what must legally be called a non-brewed condiment. It comes in a jug and according to the labels it is super corrosive, and usually its 1 parts acid 7 parts water.

Snobbish customers complain but they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the super cheap fake vinegar and the cheapo real vinegar they would have otherwise gotten.
>>
>>8624851
I see no problem with this

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>8624687
>Why is there a Need for fake Vinegar
because cheap chippies have it out on the counter.
>>
>>8624711
Vinegar itself is water and acetic acid, with some trace amounts of other shit.
Fake vinegar is just manufactured vinegar.
Is it cheaper to manufacture than make normally?
>>
es un pene frito verdad yo ablo espaƱol siiiii amigo carajo
>>
>>8624797
>linking to sjw beta cuck
>>
>>8625794
Probably more of a time/storage factor that increases the cost of brewed vinegar vs. manufactured.
>>
Non brewed condiment is fine with fish and chips, but if your having fried pie or pizza you need chippy sauce.
>>
>>8625784
and most people that go to chippies aren't massive bellends that will ask if the vinegar used here is the stuff that i read about in the sun
>>
>>8624687
>Why is there a Need for fake Vinegar.
Because proper malt vinegar made from alcohol is haram. The UK has to make sure they don't offend the muslim customers.
>>
>>8624610
That sounds fucking amazing anon, HP sauce is my first and only true love
>>
>>8626267

What's chippy sauce, hp?
>>
> Why do people put vinegar on their fish and chips?

FTFY
>>
>>8628643
But it's not vinegar, it's non-brewed condiment.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642x2Y3Zla0

Is everyone here retarded or something?
>>
>>8628546
Every chip shop has a different version of it, but a 50/50 HP sauce to malt vinegar ratio is good enough to start with. The good thing is that you can make it in really small quantities, and there's only two ingredients, so you can get it perfect with enough time.

Not too thick, it should pour easily from a squeezy bottle, but not too thin, or it's just slightly spicy vinegar.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.