[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone raise chickens for eggs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chicken-coop.jpg (194KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
chicken-coop.jpg
194KB, 630x473px
I heard that store bought eggs taste like shit compared to the eggs that you can produce at home with a pen.
>>
I would like to raise chickens as pets (eggs being a side benefit) as they are cute and affectionate creatures, and I would never cage them in like that.
But I live in an apartment in a city, so no.
>>
I have some friends that give me their eggs. I'm not really one to eat eggs so I can't tell, but apparently the quality jump is very noticeable to the rest of my family.
>>
I used to raise chickens when I was younger. They have all since passed, but it was a good experience. I still have two ducks though, and that's because ducks live much longer than chickens. The hen still lays eggs occasionally too. The eggs do noticeably taste better.

>>8622761
>I would never cage them in like that.
Yeah, but you should have a secure area where they can go at night that is fairly close to your house. Or else foxes, weasels, raccoons. and any other vermin will kill them. Learned that the hard way. We have an old horse barn on our property that is quite a ways away from the house, but the weasels got cocky and went in and tried to kill the chickens. One of the best roosters we ever had lost his life fighting the bastards. Another one that had a crooked neck got attacked too, but funny think is he was crippled from birth with a small head and crooked neck. The weasels couldn't bite down on his neck to kill him and just left him alone. Lucky him. We had to make some cages and put they close to the house so if their was a commotion during the night we could hear it. Doesn't always work though because a brazen fox ripped a hole in a coop during the middle of the day and grabbed a hen.
They are pretty fun creatures, but I wouldn't call them affectionate. More so too stupid for their own good that it comes off endearing. If you have a small operation though you do get to know them and enjoy company with them.
>>
>>8622820
Do you think its worth the investment raisng chickens for egg?
>>
>>8622848
If you have the land space for them to forage for food, then yes. Otherwise you end up having to spend a lot of money on grain/corn. Also, depending on the climate of where you live, you'll have to have a good coop for them to roost in and stay warm during the winter. We had a bunch of supplies, so it only costed man hours to build roosts and coops, but if it you have to buy it all it might get expensive. We got a lot eggs from around ~15 hens, and kept some for our self and sold the rest to friends and whatever. We gave them a deal of course, but people would pay extra for free range eggs. No matter what, just make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew.
>>
>>8622761
>They are cute and affectionate creatures

HAHA
HAHAHAHA

No.

They are evil. They are cruel little bastards whose pea-sized brains know only hatred, anger, and brief joy at being given food.

They would bite the hand that feeds them if they could reach you. As they cannot, they settle for pecking the legs that bring them the hand that feeds them. They would eat your spawn if they could open their beaks far enough. They would shit on your prized possessions just to show you where you stand with them. Their hatred is so complete I almost do not want to eat chicken, lest their anger-basted meat poison me and my loved ones.

Fuck chickens.
>>
>>8622881
Hmm, fairly decent description of humanity right there. Guess I'll have to rethink my love for eggs.
>>
>>8622881
They cuddle with you and shit. You must be a jerk.
>>
>>8623045
They sense that he's a bitch and wish to show him his place in the pecking order.
>>
>>8622753
I raise chickens to FUCK. Has anyone else here ever fucked a chicken? Dont knock it til you try it lads

Id post my chicken fucking gifs but then I get autobanned

But fuck me fucking chickens is so good. You snap their neck as you cum inside them and then you can cook and eat them! Fucking win win all round
>>
>>8622753
its illegal to raise chickens in most cities because chicken shit carrys a ton of bad diseases

my neighbors had them for a while until the city found out. cops came and took them away (both them and the chickens, they were illegals)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.