[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ck/ use UberEATS or a similar delivery service? What has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: unnamed.jpg (192KB, 540x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
192KB, 540x900px
Does /ck/ use UberEATS or a similar delivery service? What has your experience with the service been like?
>>
no because i'm not a cocooner cuck who's to afraid to leave the house for food
>>
I'm see a lot of foodora "bike messengers" here in montreal its kinda shocking like at least 10 daily
>>
File: 320px-Foodora_logo.svg[1].png (12KB, 320x205px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Foodora_logo.svg[1].png
12KB, 320x205px
>>8622382
>foodora
holy fuck lmao its actually real

i thought you were just making a play on words
>>
>>8622382
yea here in Toronto they are all over the place. They are tough mother fuckers. They are out all hours, through snow and freezing rain. I have respect for bike curriers.
>>
>no time to cook
>no time to buy fast food
>i'm gonna pay a gay messenger boy to bring me my slop
>>
>>8622382
What's shocking about it? They hire anyone with a bike. Great for making a quick buck when unemployed. Plus you get to ride a bike all day, what's not to like?
>>
>>8622417
if the barrier to entry is near-zero, then so is the pay

There's a reason most uber drivers live in their cars.
>>
>>8622422
Near-zero pay for near-zero effort is better than zero everything
>>
>>8622436
>near zero effort
if it was so easy, they wouldn't pay you at all, it wouldn't require payment because people would do it for free inadvertently, and the service itself would be redundant.
>>
>>8622445
What a silly thing to say
>>
>>8622399
>bike curriers
under rated

>>8622417
it pays horribly even with tips compared to a real messenger also you're fucked if you get REKT by a car
>>
File: vlad.jpg (166KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
vlad.jpg
166KB, 960x960px
Used uber eats last week in Orlando, it was really great. The app is designed very well and they used original images for the dishes from the restaurant. Awesome experience.
>>
>>8622399
Idiot
>>
File: 1439929785194.jpg (72KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
1439929785194.jpg
72KB, 600x853px
>>8622351
I used UberEats a few times, but mainly because they gave me like five free deliveries when they first started. My office uses Seamless. I've never had any problems with either. The food always gets there earlier than expected or on time.

What specifically did you want to know?
>>
>>8623205
>using meme services
>>
>>8622351
Ive used Doordash, Postmates, Grubhub and Ubereats. I personally prefer ubereats since I dont need to tip but the selection of places to get food from is pretty bad since my city just got support like 2 months ago. Postmates gets a lot of free delivery promos and the best selection but the most terrible delivery fees for anything not partnered with them. Doordash has the best UI. Grubhub is decent
>>
>>8623228
What's the problem? I don't mind paying the fee, and when I'm at the office my employer covers it anyways.
>>
>>8623080
what'd you get?
>>
Since ubereats and deliveroo started up in my city the number of pushy shithead ""bike messengers"" who think they're the most important cunts on the road and on the footpath and in the malls has skyrocketed. The actual bike messengers who were around before were vaguely courteous on a good day and could actually ride a bike but these morons are just spaghettiing everywhere and leaning on cars and pushing people around on the sidewalk and cutting through traffic and I wish they'd fuck off.

I don't get why people can't walk their own hundred meters to get their stale god damn sushi.
>>
I go outside when I want food
>>
>>8624308
You are an idiot
>>
>>8622351
MY FAGGOT UBER EATS DELIVERYMAN USED A GODDAMN BICYCLE

MY BAG BOTTOMED OUT WHEN I GOT TO MY TABLE

FALAFEL AND HUMMUS AND BABAGHANOUSH ALL OVER THE GODDAMN PLACE
>>
>>8626859
That's the restaurant place's fault for not properly securing the food.
>>
>>8626886
LOOK EVERYBODY WE HAVE A BIKE APOLOGIST

MOTHERFUCKER HAD MY MEAL IN HIS KNAPSACK ACROSS HIS SHOULDER LIKE IT WAS LEGAL DOCUMENTS
>>
>>8626904
>too lazy and autistic to go out into public to eat
>complains about how his food is hand delivered to his sperglord lair
>>
>>8622351
I've been thinking about becoming a bike delivery guy because I'm poor

any body here have experience?
>>
>>8626912
DID YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE WORK IN BIG CITIES IN BIG OFFICES AND THAT LITTLE PEOPLE DELIVERY THEIR MEALS WHEN THEY ARE BUSY DOING THE BIG CITY STUFF
>>
>>8622394
Yeah, like Pandora's box. Foodora delivery people wear boxes strapped to their shoulders.
>>
>>8626930
You're pretty high strung

Careful you don't stroke yourself out
>>
File: I_only_drink_imperial_stout.jpg (45KB, 558x418px) Image search: [Google]
I_only_drink_imperial_stout.jpg
45KB, 558x418px
>>8626930
>work
What board do you think this is, guy? We need to save all our NEETbux for IPA, there is no money for minor life conveniences so we rage passionately at anyone who doesn't microwave each box of tendies all by himself. I mean do you even cook? Obviously not, it is a rhetorical question.
>>
>>8626961
ok i will post without caps on, sry

life sucks! i tip 40% - 60% depending on the time of day and how much food is being delivered. on seamless, deliver.com, postmates, caviar, everything is fucking perfect. but with uber eats and their fucking bicycles..... keep that shit with non-perishables.....
>>
Is this different than the amazon prime service?
>>
>>8623266
Everything
>>
>>8627004
they gave me food poisoning, never again
>>
>>8622382
>>8622394
Holy kek, this needs to stop
>>
>>8627006
I just don't see it.
>>
I love UberEATS/other delivery services because it lets me get some shit other than pizza or chinese in a place that doesn't offer many other options. I can get enough food for myself for a decent price, with a lot of options.

This is especially good when drunk because I don't have food in a reasonable walking distance. Much safer for me to spend an extra $5.00 for delivery than it is to possibly crash my car or run someone over.
>>
>requires app
Why do they do this?
Why not allow people to make accounts and use web client?
>>
I use it a lot. I'm not sure how they make money. Pretty sure they lose at least a couple of dollars on every order I make.
>>
>>8627047
The app is free what are you bitching about?

Get used to service apps anon they are here to stay
>>
File: 1331648876991.jpg (628KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1331648876991.jpg
628KB, 1024x768px
>>8622351
ubereats doesnt exist in tucson, AZ
>>
>>8627075
Don't worry, it will eventually. Income disparity will get so dang bad that people who want to eat will only be able to once they've delivered your food!
>>
I'm sure 95% if the time these delivery services are good but I used it while at a hotel and the guy ignored my specific request for him to grab the plastic utensils the place had so I had food and no way to eat it.
>>
>>8627065
I don't have a smartphone.
>>
>>8627047

Two big reasons:

1. Drivers are set by location range and work specific shifts, this way they can be guaranteed you're in range of an active driver. They pay per mileage, rather than cost of meal, since tips are not expected.

2. They can use in-app location data to sell to third parties for marketing purposes, and serve you ads while you wait.

t. digital marketer
>>
quality shit nigga
>>
It's pretty good, I use a combination of uberEATS, Seamless, eat24 and Postmates, since they all send coupons randomly to my email, better to have more available deals than to wait for one to pop up. I used to use grubhub but I stopped awhile ago. I use uberEATS and postmates the most because if I remember right, both(or one of them) seamless and eat24 have it to where you are REQUIRED to tip at least 10% whereas it doesn't require tips in postmates or uberEATS.

Not that I mind tipping but don't force me to, damnit, but in seamless it's alright I guess because if you don't have enough items in your cart to where it meets the delivery minimum, you can just add the remainder in tips and have it delivered (or just buy another drink)

shilling my refferal codes
ubereats $10 off: eats-ellism67ue
postmates $10 off: PQAYQ
>>
I've used Grubhub, Postmates, UBER Eats, etc

I'm a lazy piece of shit who makes too much money.

I've even ordered to a 3rd party delivery service to bring me chips and questo from a Chili's 2 miles away. Multiple times.
>>
>>8627584
I'm gonna shill too

eats-danielm19134ue
>>
Had a dreadful experience with Foodpanda once - took over three hours and many phone calls asking what the fuck they were up to, with their staff repeatedly claiming at various points that no order had been placed, or conflicting accounts as to whether the restaurant had received the order, and so on.
>>
>>8622422
>There's a reason most uber drivers live in their cars
you actually believe this?
>>
UberEats opens up a lot of new lunch opportunities for me at work, it's expensive to do too often but it's convenient.
The food can get knocked around a bit in those bike bags but that doesn't stop me using it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.