[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LETS GET CREATIVE W/ TEQUILA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: camarena-tequila.jpg (30KB, 525x642px) Image search: [Google]
camarena-tequila.jpg
30KB, 525x642px
Alright boys, i fucking hate tequila, but I figure that I've got to get over my hatred. I picked up some mid shelf Camarena (reposado) last night and made some margaritas/sunrises. Shit was actually pretty good! Now, what next?

What herbs/flavor combinations do you guys use to spice up your margaritas?

Do you ever mix tequila with other alcohols other than something obvious like a Long Island?

Basically I just want some great drinks to make with tequila--it's the last alcohol I've yet to conquer with my supreme mixing skills.
>>
>>8621601
this is truly the best margarita recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/margarita-recipe

Here's his video on how and why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGvre4LsxqY
>>
>>8621601
>spice up your margarita

A margarita really ought not to be too complicated. If it goes too far beyond citrus juice, tequila, sweetener, salt rim and ice you're fucking up. Honestly salt rim can be too much at times. With this drink the beauty is in its simplicity and perfecting the ratios of sour, sweet, salt
>>
>>8621624
>A margarita really ought not to be too complicated
Oh I know, you're absolutely right. That said, it's sometimes fun to play around with ingredients.

I suppose it wouldn't quite be a 'margarita' then. However, if you start with a margarita as a base, what ingredients can you add/switch to make a different drink? e.g. implementing basil or raspberries.
>>
>>8621608
This looks fucking great. I'll make this tonight.
>>
>>8621700
Well if you're talking additions... a margarita as a base has tart and sweet covered, so maybe something aromatic like a lavender infused simple syrup could be an interesting take? Switch the lime juice to lemon and add lavender? Or.... replace the lime with grapefruit? Different tart/sweet fruits like pineapple or mandarin
>>
>>8621751
>a lavender infused simple syrup
My infusions never work out like I plan--any tips? How long do you let it rest? The infusion always seems a bit weak.
>>
>>8621601
Have you tried sitting down with your tequila and just sipping it, maybe over ice? If it's a high quality it should be smooth and easy. I thought tequila was all trash until I heard Ron White talking about his tequila, Number Juan, and tried it the way he recommended it. I was very impressed and started trying other sipping tequilas. I'm glad I found out about it.
>>
>>8622917
No, I haven't. I don't think I've ever had anything of good enough quality.

>>8621608
So I just made a riff on this in which I reduced the orange to a quarter, added honey instead of agave syrup, and added a little mango.

Was fucking delicious. No need for Triple Sec or anything. Great rec. Awesome drink.
>>
Try a daiquiri and also solo/lift and tequila is a really good combo.
>>
stop.posting.alcohol.threads.you.degenerate.scum
>>
I do a thing where I shake up apple slices and ice together and then pour the tequila over it to sip.

I really love apple and agave.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.