[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment.
>>
It's not a condiment - it's a spice. Not to nitpick. This video actually gives a pretty good explanation as to the difference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
>>
>>8620608
>spice
it's really more of a seasoning
>>
>>8620641
Nobody really calls anything a "seasoning" in the industry. If you talk about seasoning something, it usually refers to salt, and black pepper if appropriate, but black pepper is generally considered a spice.

source: i'm an exec chef w/ 15 years of experience.
>>
>>8620673
i, too, am in the industry and i disagree
>>
>>8620608
This is the thanks I get for trying to learn?
>>
>>8620681
what exactly were you "trying to learn" by posting "I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment."?

stupid faggot.
>>
>>8620677
Well then your wrong. This video might help clear up the confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
>>
>>8620687
my wrong what?
>>
>>8620603
I think Donkey Kong is the GOAT condiment.
>>
>>8620687
its a topping
>>
>>8620603
>I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment.
Were you born in January or something?

How the hell is this a revelation?

How sheltered are you? What is your level of education? Is your mother overbearing?

Described your life and thought process.
>>
>>8620705
If OP is like me, it took a while to click. And it takes switching from pre-ground to freshly cracked. Then having something that's amazing with only salt and fresh pepper.
>>
>>8620689
Your, it's short for You R, you fucking dumbass. No wonder you're a cook. Grow up and get a real job that pays more than 12 an hour
>>
>>8620725
Don't get me wrong, I love black pepper but I don't see how anyone on /ck/ can suddenly discover its greatness.

But yes, maybe OP used pre-ground stuff, which is pretty devoid of flavour.
>>
>>8620737
When you're used to a lifetime of overcooked steak, flavorless potatoes, and boxed meals, a little freshly ground pepper can make a world of difference. The first time I came to /ck/ I was looking for simple, easy stuff to try and couldn't scramble an egg without wildly over cooking it so it's not that surprising that people are still amazed by how much pepper can add.
>>
>>8620795
I'm so glad my parents liked to cook and ate interesting things.

My wife grew up with meat and potatoes but exceeded my tastes and adventuresome eating pretty quickly after we moved in together.
>>
File: 1483741043262.jpg (52KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
1483741043262.jpg
52KB, 391x391px
Pepper is pretty universally good but isn't necessary to get great tasting food most of the time.
The only thing that NEEDS pepper is eggs.

>carbonara with that freshly ground pepper smell
>>
>>8620860
I'd call you mean names but I remembered I'm a little biased toward pepper. I've considered putting it in coffee, on pancakes, and in a pumpkin pie. Cayenne was the better choice in those situations, though.
>>
>>8620888
Don't get me wrong, I fucking love pepper and use it in almost everything. It's like a guaranteed +5% quality increase on anything if it has the right amount of pepper in it.
But that's still a small increase and not really necessary.
Makes eggs superb though.
>>
>>8620896
Eggs are an excuse to eat thick cut, peppered bacon.
>>
>>8620914
Nah man, if anything is a condiment it is bacon.
>>
>>8620705
When I was a little kid I loved it and put it on everything but then I kinda grew out of it I guess but now I recently started using it again and I realized that it is GOAT.
>>
>>8620731
you're the dumbass.. Learn to spell
>>
>>8620986
Them's fightin' words, son.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.