[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Chinese food and why is it curry chicken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: curry chicken.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
curry chicken.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What's the best Chinese food and why is it curry chicken?
>>
>>8620174
Literally all them stirfrys
>>
You misspelled "general Tso's chicken"
>>
Chicken black bean
Kung Po
>>
>>8620307
Not chinese
>>
>>8620174
>""""""chinese""""""""
>""""""food"""""
>>
>>8620174
You're close. It's roast pork curry with white onions, peas, beansprouts, mushrooms and egg fried rice.
>>
>>8620174

Over the years I've whittled down my choices in Chinese food to 2 locations. One, Chans Peking 2 burned down a few years ago, opening back up only a few months ago. The other, Hung Far 2, (yes that's the name) has been a client of mine before they opened their doors 12 years ago (Syscofag here).

I've watched their family grow and American dream come true. Our children are friends and spend time at eachother's houses. BBQ together, vacations together as well. Good people. That being said they've never let me order off the menu, instead text or call me when they've prepared family meal for their staff asking if I want some, or drop food off when picking up their son from my house.

I get American chinese at Chan's Peking. I can't resist it, even with access to "real" Chinese food.
>>
Chicken balls, chips, fried rice and curry sauce

A traditional Chinese meal
>>
The "Village chicken" from the Sichuan place I like is better. That and their thinly sliced beef shank in hot chili oil. And the pickled vegetables. And the pork soup dumplings. Basically everything on the menu.
>>
>>8620337
Neither is curry chicken.
Also Orange chicken > General Tso's although its a fight for the top two spots
>>
>>8620307
General Tsos is so one-note, it's just boring. I don't see how anyone likes the take-out dishes that don't have vegetables in them.
>>
Chinese curry is so thin and characterless. Pretty boring.

>>8620333
I absolutely love black bean sauce dishes. I especially like when I get a few of the little beans in one bite and get that burst of savory goodness.

Egg foo young is really good when done really well. Too many places have mediocre egg foo young.
>>
File: Dan-dan_noodles,_Shanghai[1].jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Dan-dan_noodles,_Shanghai[1].jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
dandanmein
>>
for me it is the boneless spare ribs, the best chinese food
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3021x3858px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3021x3858px
The greatest Chinese dish is objectively lipu taro looped meat. Everything else is WRONG.

t. chink chef
>>
>>8620307
/thread

also, you need at least 3 orders of rangoons
>>
>>8623917
You wouldn't happen to have the house recipe would you boss?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8623928
Desu there's too many steps, not worth cooking it at home. Don't know the proper recipe anyway, the one I ate at my dads rural village was much better than mine.
>>
>>8623960
I work in kitchens too. Shame.

Thanks for the heads up on the dish brother.
>>
>>8620983
>He eats all his Chinese food alone like some loser

One person gets the meat dish, one person gets meat and veggie dish, and one person just like fried rice and everyone shares
>>
File: 热干面.jpg (49KB, 690x459px) Image search: [Google]
热干面.jpg
49KB, 690x459px
re gan mian

>>8622545
good taste
>>
File: 1487812014724.jpg (90KB, 1093x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1487812014724.jpg
90KB, 1093x1074px
>>8620489
That's fucking based. I actually googled Hung Far 2 and it's a real restaurant. I wish you well, anon. I'm glad to see you've become their friends.
>>
>>8624000
Lmao she has makeup on her tits to make them look bigger.
>>
>>8623972

I hate this shit. Some asshole inevitably orders the most bland, safe thing on the menu, because they're scared of whatever else is offered, and then of course eat a ton of everyone else's food that's actually good.

So you end up with half a plate full of orange chicken and white rice.

That said, dishes full of veggies tend to screw you out of what you really ordered. The places near me are always like 80% filler when it's a veggie stir fry, which defeats the purpose when it's the same price.
>>
File: 6485394_orig.jpg (76KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
6485394_orig.jpg
76KB, 800x533px
>>8620174
probably siu mei in general for nostalgia reasons. used to always have these for lunch

>>8622545
>>8623989
v nice picks anon. my father loves reganmian while i always cook dandanmian
>>
>>8624010
The veggie dishes are a scam, just like buying salads. Fuck that.
>>
>>8624017
Veg is nice though.

Best dish I've had at a Chinese place was salted egg yolk prawns. A Singaporean friend tells me this is actually Singaporean but so is claiming all sorts of shit as Singaporean so who even knows.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (20KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
20KB, 470x313px
Checkmate
>>
pork dumplings ftw!
>>
>>8622545
Aw, Christ. tfw craving lunch from the Chinese place near your uni at twelve am
>>
>>8624144
Fuck yes. Just don't buy cheap frozen ones from the shops and expect a good time.
>>
>Believing the yellow man can create tasty food from magical curry powders.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.