[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative Foods on a Budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Whiskas.jpg (214KB, 869x1119px)
Whiskas.jpg
214KB, 869x1119px
Anyone else here like to eat cat food? I started when I was a child, and have been addicted to it ever since.

It's great because you get so much in a bag--compared to buying any other snack food, whether it's chips or especially nuts, the total amount of potential snacks you get from a full bag (deducting whatever the cat might eat if you have one) makes the price way more efficient. When I don't have much in the house on my budget, I just fold up my shirt into a little holder and fill it up with cat food, and then munch on it while browsing 4chan and watching anime. It doesn't mix that well with other foods, but I have had some success baking cat food into oatmeal cookies--though my mom refused to eat them.

Personally, I prefer dry food kibbles, but I have tried wet food, those little snack-pouches, and even dog food. I despise dog food, don't mind the snack pouches, but find it difficult to eat the wet stuff, even though my cats will refuse to eat their kibbles in favour of it. At best, I've enjoyed those bacon-strips for dogs, but even those aren't worth it in large quantities.

If you've never tried it, especially if you have a cat yourself, I really recommend it. I mainly buy Whiskas, though it can be expensive (picture only related by brand, it's not the same type). The flavour is a mix of extremely strong sour-dough bread with the aftertaste of red wines. Often they have a fun texture as well, since they have a thin coating of dust kind of like a dorito, and serious crunch. But, if you suck on them, they slowly melt in your mouth, and can eventually be sucked on in a huge mold, kind of like what your cat would barf up. Often I take the ball of chewed cat food out of my mouth, and then set it on my desk, and pull pieces off so I can eat it over again.

tl;dr: anyone else have experiences with pet food, or have recommendations for alternative food if you're a poorfag?
>>
You had me until that last paragraph. There's some nasty people here but not that nasty.
>>
>>8619481
You are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>8619497
>>8619498
I get that the comparison is a little gross to think of, but it's hard to describe without first-hand experience. Unlike cat vomit, when you clump up chewed cat food in your mouth, it's more like a bunch of dough mashed together. I often will take bagels and slices of bread and just mash them in my hands, rolling them into a little ball, and then will bite pieces off of that. This is similar, but you have to chew the food first because the dry kibbles won't stick together otherwise. The best part is that sucking on them doesn't make them lose their flavour either, so you get two snacks for the price of one.
>>
>>8619509
You are truly die ubermensch
>>
>hehehe I sure trolled them fuckers good
t.OP
>>
>>8619481
That was one hell of ride op, almost lost my breakfast
>>8619649
I did lose my sides tho
>>
No joke I'm the anon that is stealing free cat food and living off it. I feel really weird.
>>
File: temp.jpg (15KB, 244x266px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
15KB, 244x266px
>>8619683
>Yfw he is serious
>>
I did this for awhile but I had to stop because every time I took a shit it would attract stray cats from my neighborhood into my house. At first I thought it would be cool to get rimmed, but their tongues have this weird sandpaper texture.
>>
you generally don't want to eat cat food regularly because cats are obligate carnivores and the food is formulated for their dietary needs. Most dry cat foods are way high on the fat and protein for a human, no fiber or carbs. I assume, given no good evidence other than an amateur knowledge of both the human digestive system and of cat care, that the dietary requirements for cats and humans are quite different. Also cat food rarely has vitamin c in it, because cats can make their own vitamin c. Humans need it from diet, so you couldn't survive on cat food alone because you'd get scurvy.

Also teebuh man I wouldn't even feed dried cat kibble to my cats. That shit's way nasty and full of all sorts of factory-sweepings nonsense. I believe quite strongly in personal freedoms but I would strongly recommend, as a layperson, that you stop eating cat food regularly, and perhaps treat it like a sometimes food.
>>
>>8619481
As an animal management student, I advice you not to eat cat food. The nutritional value is absolute dogshit for most brands, and the ones that value taste and flavour over content are notoriously bad. Although, I guess a person is better off eating most of them than a cat is, given how they make omnivorous food for carnivorous animals.
>>
File: 1483576280133.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483576280133.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>8619481
Post cat food dough ball
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.