[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade sourdough crust pizza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 20170225_184357.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_184357.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Lads, I think I got it right this time. Last time I posted my sourdough crust pizza I felt like I had descended into the bowels of hell, what with the gnashing of teeth, wailing and arms thrown up in despair.

So, I took your demon spawn advice and changed it up a bit and let it rise longer. I'll show a crumb shot when I cut it.

But it's still the same sourdough crust with homemade pepperoni, mushrooms and jalepenos.

Have at me, I didn't kneck myself last time and enjoyed a great pizza, so I can take it.
>>
File: 20170225_185804.jpg (1011KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_185804.jpg
1011KB, 2560x1440px
>>8618272
Crumb shot.
>>
>>8618272
This actually looks tasty. Got a recipie for the dough?
>>
>>8618376
2 cups "00" flour (AP probably works as well
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sourdough starter
Water added to starter to reach 3/4 cup
1 Tbs EVOO

Mix until comes together adding water if necessary. Rest covered 20 minutes. Knead 8 minutes. Form tight ball. Coat bowl with olive oil and rub dough in it. Cover and let rise at room temp for 3 hours. Place in refridgerator overnight. When ready to make pizza remove from fridge 1 hour prior and preheat pizza stone to 550F. Spread and top. Bake for 12 minutes.
>>
not a 'go'za so 0/10
>>
These pictures are terrible. Did you take the photos to a laundromat to get them this washed out? What phone are you using?
>>
>>8618272
How do you home make the pepperoni? Any book/website you'd recommend for someone wanting to get into curing meats?
>>
>>8619651
A legitimate website for curing meats and making sausage is meatsandsausages.com. Tons of information and recipes. They emphasize the safety aspect as well. I used their semi-dry pepperoni recipe.
>>
>>8619146
Meh, they were a little blurry but I'd had a half pint of vodka and a few glasses of mead. I suspect I wasn't holding the phone steady, but it's a cheapass phone too.
>>
>>8618443

> measuring in volumes to make any kind of dough
I shiggidy diggidy doooo
Good luck making the same dough twice
>>
File: 20161110_101955.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_101955.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8621074
Agree. My sourdough bread, see pic, is all weight, but my pizza dough was just my own stumbling around with guestimates. I'm still not thrilled with it. But I've got a base to refine it to. Imho, it needs to have more of the occasional air pocket like the sourdough bread. Tbqh, I'm going to try more hydration next weekend. Will post pics then.

My first one was too thin, this one a bit to standard breadish. I want random air bubbles and I think hydration might be the issue. Any experts want to give advice?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.