[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have Candians mastered the shopping in bulk meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3232.jpg (59KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3232.jpg
59KB, 400x300px
Ok /ck/ I am here to report on my trip to Canada. I was there for two weeks and was overwhelmed by Bulk Barn.

>more dry goods and canned goods than Costco or Sam's

>incredible selection of Indian and Pakistani foods

>prices bordering on criminal

>no Cabernet but plenty of Molson Ice light

>average selection of household cleaners

Cannucks, do you shop here often? I was overwhelmed by the value.
>>
>>8617957
>>more dry goods and canned goods than Costco or Sam's
A good deal of canadians live close to be off the grid (same deal with Alaska). And, what with the heavy winters, you can assume there are more pantry dinners than ordinary people create in much of the US. It can be less expensive to have a few frozen veggies than fresh when you live at that latitude as well.

It's common knowledge food is about as cheap in the US than for any other nation. They are ripped off.
>>
>>8617957
where were you staying? In smalltowns they kickass as getting stuff you normally cant find but in the major cities they are dollar store level shitty
>>
>>8617976
why do you say that? their stock is pretty consistent across the board from what i've seen
>>
>>8617981
you want me to explain why cities have more choices in products?
>>
>>8617988
He said the opposite though
>>
>>8618002
so you felt the need to reply on someone elses behalf to explain that neither one of you read my post?

Thanks for stopping by
>>
>>8617957
it's sort of like the white's asian grocer

some stuff has great prices, packaged stuff not so much. Nothing too exotic spice wise but they've got good selection, especially if you only need a bit of something.
Stuff like the fresh ground peanut butters are nice, they used to have some other good food items like actual fresh cheese curds but they've been cutting down on that sort of stuff over the years.
They often have discounts on stuff and coupons so it's pretty good, not to mention the poor and ethnic seem to be unaware of bulk barn.
>>
>>8618002
>He said the opposite though
He said that people who have more choices find it a stupid store with higher prices, but for those in small towns, there's a selection there that gives them variety and choices (but at a price).
>>
File: 1456799433274.png (806KB, 1111x600px)
1456799433274.png
806KB, 1111x600px
>>8617957
>>incredible selection of Indian and Pakistani foods

You have to go back.
>>
>>8618027
This senpai
>>
>>8618007
>multiple people are having difficulty understanding something i said
>it's them not me

>>8618015
the prices aren't high though
>>
>>8617976
>>8617981
I can kinda confirm the first anon's comment.

I grew up in a small town in Ontario and the Bulk Barn there was fucking amazing. I usually pick up a few more difficult to find Indian masalas when I'm visiting my folks.

The bulk barn 10 min away from me (Montréal) has a totally shit stock in comparison.
>>
>>8617976

About 10 miles outside of Victoria. Work took me back and forth from there to Seattle.
>>
>>8618093
probably more to do with the franchisee than the location
i live in the gta and the one near me is tight
>>
>>8618116
Maybe they just suck in Quebec, it wouldn't be the first time...
>>
>>8617957
Eh, some things are cheap, some aren't. I do home mead making and I find their honey to be overpriced even compared to other high end grocery stores. You can find decent deals if you look.
>>
not bad. bring bread our cracker, pass it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHJz7F4CAdM
>>
File: almostchilli.jpg (44KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
almostchilli.jpg
44KB, 425x425px
>>8618342

maybe some salt, sugar too.
>>
File: 1487775617125.jpg (103KB, 499x475px) Image search: [Google]
1487775617125.jpg
103KB, 499x475px
>>8617957
>no Cabernet but plenty of Molson Ice light
Where? I have to get my booze from the gubmint man

personally I've never found Bulk Barn that good of a deal, maybe specific things but none of what I ever buy. I can get 2kgs of trail mix at costco for like $12, there it would be ridiculous. And little shitlord kids put their hands all over the stuff and everything is slightly stale. Not impressed desu
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.