[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jewish Shabbat meal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: mkvh9063762.jpg (252KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
mkvh9063762.jpg
252KB, 1024x614px
Kosher Turkey Roll with Mushroom Gravy Recipe.
Tired of chicken? Is turkey too dry for you? Or maybe meat is too high in cholesterol? Susan Portman's recipe for Kosher Turkey Roll
with Mushroom Gravy solves all these issues.
In addition, this turkey dish heats up well on the plata (hot plate), so it works well for Jewish Sabbath and holiday lunch meals.
What You'll Need

For the turkey:
2-pound/1-kilogram turkey roll
Olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 bay leaves
3 whole allspice berries
Paprika
1/4 cup ginger ale
For the gravy:
6 to 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chicken soup powder or powdered bouillon
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup dry red wine

To make the turkey:
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sauté garlic in olive oil.
Place turkey roll in a small Pyrex dish with a tight lid. Smear oil and sautéed garlic over turkey roll.
Add onion, celery, bay leaves, and allspice. Pour ginger ale over the turkey roll.
Why? Because ginger ale and cola are great meat tenderizers.
Cover tightly and bake for 2 to 3 hours or until turkey roll is cooked through.
Cool turkey to room temperature. Then refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Remove turkey from vegetables and drippings. Slice turkey and place in covered ovenproof serving dish.
Strain drippings of vegetables into a saucepan to make the gravy.

To make the gravy:
Heat the strained drippings in the saucepan over low heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender.
Make a loose paste with a little water and flour and whisk it into the gravy.
Add soup powder, sugar (a little sugar improves the taste of any gravy), and wine. If using sweet red wine instead of dry, there is no need to add sugar.
Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce is thickened and flavors are combined.
Pour gravy over sliced turkey roll. Heat turkey in gravy and serve warm.

Shabbat Shalom
>>
>>8615111
Sounds pretty damn gut. I might try.
>>
>>8615152
>>
>>8615163
I'm serious it sounds really good, but not to be flippant, what's a turkey roll? Is it the breast butterflied out?
>>
>>8615188
Make a boneless turkey roll by boning a turkey, adding stuffing to the boneless meat, rolling the turkey up and securing the roll with toothpicks.
Roast the roll in the oven for two to 2 1/2 hours.

Place the turkey, breast side up, on a cutting board, and cut along both sides of the backbone.
Work your way down one side of the turkey, cutting the flesh from the carcass.
Cut the ball and socket joint, and remove it from the carcass, but keep the skin attached.
Remove the tip and midsection of the wing. Remove the flesh from the remaining large wing bone, and turn it so the skin side is outward.
Repeat on the other side of the turkey.
Roll the turkey up so it looks like a long tube, and use toothpicks to hold the roll in place.
Tie the roll every few inches with butcher's twine, and drizzle the roll with olive oil.
Place in a roasting pan, and roast until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit.

It can be done with or without the stuffing
>>
How To Debone And Roll A whole Turkey.Turkey Roll. TheScottReaProject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAbUFQxRq8M

How to De-bone and Roll A Turkey.
This video shows how to bone a whole Turkey to make a fantastic, Boneless Turkey roll,what you are left with is an even shaped
and completely boneless Turkey roll which is easy to carve.
There will be no more arguments over who gets the breast meat ever again,a stunning end product.
>>
>>8615220
Thanks. Shall try, probably for this coming Easter, or I guess Passover, to you'all.
>>
>>8615220
Watched the whole thing, my mind is blown
>>
>>8615285
nice, isn't it, and quite easy and both white and dark meats blend cooking and taste much better that way,
and you can use the bones also to make stock or soup
>>
>>8615285
here is another video, you can just skip to 8 min mark and watch the rest of it,last 2 minutes how he makes the pan sauce
and cuts the roll.
(this guy has a bit annoying voice)

Boneless Whole Turkey for Thanksgiving - How to Bone, Stuff, & Roast a Whole Turkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0TfYHzEOcs
>>
Sprinkle liberally with Zyklon B
>>
>>8615402
yes right in your stupid mouth
>>
>>8615285
Watch the ballotine gallantine video by Jacques Pepin if you want to see this done by a real artist.
>>
>>8615443
post link please
>>
>>8615447
https://youtu.be/Ku5p1CcGn70
>>
>>8615486
Thank you
>>
File: 1312010743205.jpg (38KB, 281x320px) Image search: [Google]
1312010743205.jpg
38KB, 281x320px
>>
like to peek between the loaves and pretend I'm upskirting some broad jewish hoe on the DL
>>
File: Wine-and-Matzah.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Wine-and-Matzah.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
Don't forget the wine with so much sugar in it you'll get type 2 diabetes.
>>
>>8616488
I think you are exaggerating anon, cheers
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.