[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barley risotto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 20170223_163036.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_163036.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I killed a rabbit today and decided to get all high fallutin' so I'm makig a barley risotto. He was a big old rabbit so I simmered him in a typical stock type thing with carrots, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf for 2 hours. I'm going to shred the meat off the bones and let it go another 2 hours, reserving the meat for adding at the end of the risotto.

Planning on using sauted onions, garlic, and 1/2 cup pureed tomato along with 1 cup mead and the broth doing a typical add a ladle full and stir until absorbed.

Should I try anything else, there's still 2 hours to go?
>>
>>8610209
Bump
>>
>>8610209
orzotto is fucking great, used to make it all the time. I like to add a bit of radicchio or leafy greens at the end. bump btw
>>
File: 1464836821029.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464836821029.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
How could you, OP?

:(
>>
>>8612183
That's clearly a mouse.
>>
>>8610209
Nah man that sounds pretty good. Barley risotto won't ever get as creamy as risotto made with arborio or carnaroli rice- different starch structures, the same way you can't really make proper risotto with, say, basmati rice- but it'll certainly be risotto-like, and the flavor you get from a barley risotto is pretty solid and would go really well with rabbit I think.

In future though it might be worth breaking the rabbit down a bit- braising the legs and belly but just pan roasting the loins, or doing that with the whole saddle- because the meat from the loin of a rabbit is lean as hell and it'll get super dry if you braise it.
>>
>>8613558
If you want it creamy you can just do what they do with rice puddings, just add some thickener. Like flour or corn starch.
>>
>>8610209
What'd you get em with
>>
File: 20170224_155157.jpg (829KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_155157.jpg
829KB, 2560x1440px
>>8613582
Browning .22 semi-auto rifle. It's an old one made in Belgium my Grandfather gave me. It was even before they put serial #'s on them.
>>
>>8613663
Very cool. The receiver looks so skinny
>>
>>8613809
Extremely lightweight. My Colt .45 is almost as heavy.
>>
Risotto is made with rice.
>>
>>8613663
Nice rifle. I use an Ithaca single shot .22 or the same in .22 mag for the same purposes. I usually do stews though. Risotto sounds good.
>>
>>8614007
It might have a different name if you use barley, but the technique can still be used. The real reason I used barley was because I didn't realize I was out of aborrio rice. It still came out damn good, but as another anon pointed out, not quite as creamy. But the rabbit stock compensated because it was really full of flavor.
>>
>>8614045
In hindsight, I could have made a stew and just added the barley. I just had it in my mind I was going to do a risotto with it.
>>
>>8614045
I have an Ithaca 12 gauge that was another gift from a relative. They make much better rifles than shotguns. But the beauty of those gifted weapons - they aren't registered, kek.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.