[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mustard BBQ sauce in your pulled pork sandwich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Mustard BBQ sauce in your pulled pork sandwich?
>>
thats not how you make pulled pork you horse's ass
>>
>>8607027
No, vinegar sauce.
I realize that mustard bbq sauce is popular in some places, but vinegar sauce is the optimal sauce for pulled pork.
>>
>>8607031
How do you know how they cooked the pulled pork? They didn't specify that.
Although I agree there's only one true way to make pulled pork.
>>
>>8607046
it seems pretty obvious it wasn't smoked, and pulled pork should be smoked, then shredded and served with the sauce mixed in with the shredded pork
>>
>>8607027
When I have a pulled pork sandwich I have american mustard, barbecue sauce and pickles.

Sometimes onion.
>>
>>8607027
I like Carolina style vinegar sauces for pulled pork but I've seen vinegary mustard ones too. I'd do that over bbq on a sandwich.
>>
>not combining vinegar, mustard, ketchup, and horseradish for your pulled pork sandwiches

bunch a pleebins
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 704x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 704x471px
the REAL question is...
coleslaw on the sandwich y/n
>>
>>8607207
I like it. Vinegar with a sweet and spicy slaw. Barbecue with something sharp.
>>
>>8607207

yes, but in moderation

probably a 1:2 slaw:meat ratio
>>
>>8607027
my muhfukkin nigga
>>
>>8607027
I gotta say lads, I'm a sucker for southern bbq, but I recently started subbing in hoison/chili/mayo sauce and a mound of kimchi instead of BBQ and slaw, and I've never looked back
>>
Never had mustard bbq sauce. How is it different from normal mustard or sweet hot mustard?
>>
I'm from South Carolina, so yes.

It's the best BBQ
>>
>>8607302

He said mustard, not HFCS.
>>
>>8607027
what lovely non-marinated meat you made ;n;
>>
>>8607027
What kind of bun is that OP?
>>
>>8607148
Mustard is Carolina, but the wrong one.
>>
>>8607207
Sure but not that shit in your pic.
>>
File: Lechon Asado Complete.jpg (116KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lechon Asado Complete.jpg
116KB, 720x960px
>>8607148
Same, I'm a fan of the sharp vinegar sauces myself. They contrast with the smokey pork very nicely.
>>
>>8607027
Fuck yes.

I was skeptical of mustard sauce until I ate some barbecue around Charleston, SC. It's godly. Easily an equal to the more common tomato-based and vinegar-bases sauces.
>>
>>8610999

I prefer nothing...no sauce...always halve...
>>
>>8607207
this is the only way. Living in wv also taught me coleslaw is great on hot dogs too. Fuck it just put slaw on everything. Coleslaw burgers, fish sandwiches, ice cream. Everything is better with coleslaw.
>>
>>8607302
Cattlemens Carolina Gold is better

also, mustard barbecue sauce is great on burgers
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2419.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>not making your own bbq sauce
>>
>>8609548
looks like a potato roll
>>
>>8607027

Sure, why not.

I don't discriminate when it comes to BBQ, and if you can't smoke a meat for whatever reason, there's nothing wrong with slow roasting a pork butt in the oven, though it's not BBQ...

I think pork is the most versatile BBQ meat and is complimented by any of the common sauce bases, be it mustard, vinegar, or ketchup, and while I haven't had it yet, I bet a mayo based sauce would go well too.
>>
>>8612401

>"Making your own barbecue sauce"
>>
File: Ron.jpg (3MB, 4500x3660px) Image search: [Google]
Ron.jpg
3MB, 4500x3660px
>>8612401
>How to make your own BBQ sauce
>step 1: buy two bottles of BBQ sauce
>>
>>8612401
Christ, just mix half catsup and half HFCS, faggot.
>>
>>8612401

there are people on /ck/ who will claim that not making absolutely everything from scratch yourself is the height of plebness

don't make your own mayo? PLEB
don't grind your own salt from salt rocks that you chiseled yourself from the mines? PLEB
don't make your own cheese from your own cows? PLEB

gotta have a line somewhere faggots
>>
>>8612401
I bet you're the type that makes "homemade pickles" by dropping cucumbers into the leftover pickle juice from a jar of pickles you finished.
>>
>>8613445
Homemade BBQ sauce can be pretty good desu. I once had to do it because stores wouldn't sell it where I was. It was basically tomato paste with sauteed onions, spices and chillies smoked in an improvised smoker.
>>
>>8613445
If you're serious about smoking meat, you do not use store bought HFCS crap. It takes some effort to produce high quality smoked meats and the last thing you want to do is ruin it with some mass produced chemical garbage. If you're not going to bother with the details, just go buy some "smoked" meat-like products from your grocer and douse them in catsup, moron.
>>
>>8613543

Believe it or not, you monocle-popping twat, there are actually some store-brought bbq sauces that are absolutely worthy of your home-smoked semen-soaked meat. You just need to look beyond fucking Kraft and Sweet Baby Ray's
>>
>>8613565
>believe it or not

I'll never know, you lazy ass retard, because I'm fully capable of mixing together ingredients to my taste and to compliment the type of meat and nuances of flavor depending on the type of wood I used. I wouldn't expect you to understand, mouthbreather, since your taste in BBQ sauce obviously derives from Arby's.

Didn't I hear your mom calling that your tendies were done and she has a bottle of your favorite walmart sauce to go with them?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.