[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pasta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I made pasta (tagliatelle) yesterday, came out nicely, get this for four people
>400g whole wheat flour
>150ml water
>1 egg
>1 scarce teaspoon salt
then I have added some flour so that the thing didn't stick, probably around 30-50g
mix it thoroughly on a flat surface, if it sticks put some more flour on that surface and then mix it thoroughly
when the dough is uniform and doesn't stick on your hands/your surface, place it in a bowl and cover it with that thin clear plastic film I don't know the name of, then wait for 10 to 30min
after that cut it into 4 smaller pieces (or 6, or 8, or don't depending on how much space you have) and roll it so that it becomes 1-2mm thick
I cut those into long strips of some 1cm width but you can make whatever you want with it, if you have some finely ground beef (or spinach and cheese, whatever floats your boat) you can make tortellini with it, possibly ravioli
cook it for some 3min (maybe some more, maybe a bit less, pretend to be smart and it'll likely work out) in salted boiling water, as you cook pasta usually but for less time
I personally made a sauce using some 300g of various kinds of mushrooms sauteed in a pan after a white onion, adding a bit of milk and flour to make a thick but creamy sauce, and salt + pepper
I put everything together and seared for 2min on high heat, then added parmesan cheese

I'll leave it to dry for the night next time so I can have it harder and still cooked
pic related also isn't mine because I was in a hurry and my hands were dirty for most of the time, I'll get you an original pic next time
>>
>>8604972

Thanks senpai

Got an automated pasta maker for Christmas but the results have been bleh. The pasta comes out like thick pasty dumplings rather than pasta.

I use semolina flour in the recipe, and I don't know if its the semolina giving it the pasty taste or if the pasta maker isn't making the pasta thin enough
>>
>>8604972
Wrong pasta like tagliatelle (pasta all'uovo) is made with one yolk every 100 g wheat flour and nothing else
>>
>>8605027
Sorry I meant one egg for 100g wheat flour
>>
>scarce teaspoon

You mean a pinch?
>>
>>8604972
>I personally made a sauce using some 300g of various kinds of mushrooms sauteed in a pan after a white onion
I don't get the idea of always adding onions to the pan first. Surely they will become charred by the time the mushrooms are cooked? Onions require low and slow sweating, add them once you've turned down the heat.
>>
>>8604972
>400g whole wheat flour
How many cups is that?
>>
>>8605015
You're either using too much water or not rolling it thin enough
>>8605027
you're right, I used the name to refer to the end shape of the pieces, sorry for the imprecision
>>8605037
one of my everyday pinches is less than a scarce teaspoon, but thinking about it, a large pinch would probably be it
>>8605058
>Onions require low and slow sweating
Citation needed
in these cases I usually almost caramelize them with the lid on, then I cook the rest and they come out nicely
>>8605067
3.33 US cups, aka 3.15 metric cups
could you not use google other than using savage units of measurements?
>>
>>8604972
>>400g whole wheat flour
>>150ml water
>>1 egg
Interesting. The recipe I used when I made pasta (fettuccine) was just egg and flour
Is there a reason for using water instead/in addition to egg?
>>
>>8604972
what kinds of mushrooms do you like to use?
>>
>>8604972
The dough should be kneaded a bit in order to give it a bit of chew and texture as well as strength and elasticity
>>
>>8605342
It's a different kind of pasta simply, and usually tagliatelle is just semolina flour + eggs + possibly water, I wrote tagliatelle because of the shape
Water vs eggs (and possibly some water) is a matter of preference, the flavor is a bit different
I also used whole wheat flour, which is uncommon when making pasta
>>8605353
The mixed and frozen ones I get from lidl, I don't have anywhere to pick them near where I live sadly
>>8605368
Yes I meant that, I thought mixed was the closest word to what I meant, sorry
>>
>>8605669
>tagliatelle is normally semolina, egg and flour

Tagliatelle is generally made with "00" flour and egg (100g flour/egg), not semolina.
>>
File: 1481121868497.png (692KB, 885x747px) Image search: [Google]
1481121868497.png
692KB, 885x747px
>>8605669
Welp I made some with some wholemeal bread flour and put bolognese with it.
Not bad/10
>>
>>8606705
Though, I will say that a finer flour would probably have been better; graininess in this one produced a kind of rough, bumpy pasta.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.