[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: SG-usda-grades[1].jpg (153KB, 565x380px) Image search: [Google]
SG-usda-grades[1].jpg
153KB, 565x380px
why is it so hard to get prime cuts of meat? i have to drive 30~ miles to get anything better than choice and i live in a fairly large metro area.
>>
Why don't people figure out the method of raising prime grade meat? Like, feed the cows a certain diet and exercise them in a certain way.
>>
>>8598203
>he doesn't buy a cow and cut bits off it while it's still alive
>>
>>8598214
Basically farmers are lazy and only want to feed the cheapest shit (aka corn) to their stock, if the meat just so happens to be prime good for them but most of the time they're just aiming for choice/select.
>>
Really? I live in a town of 30000, and I've got two butchers that carry a full Prime selection, A BJs that does Prime strips and ribs, and a grocer that does a few disappointing Prime cuts (like Chuck Roast and Strips). Probably all the italians around.

>>8598220

Very little grass fed is Prime, because it tends to have less fat than corn-fed.
>>
>>8598230
Yes the met-area population I live in is 60,000+ and there are ZERO butchers (in a cattle raising part of the country too at that). Best quality meat I can get it from Albertsons
>>
>>8598203
Because Prime makes up less than 8% of the usable carcass.
>>
>>8598203
Costco always sells prime nor matter where the store is. Chicago, Salt Lake, Medford. Always have amazing Prime.
>>
File: kobe-beef[1].jpg (68KB, 576x383px) Image search: [Google]
kobe-beef[1].jpg
68KB, 576x383px
Why don't American farmers travel to Japan and learn the secret of the Kobe Cow?
>>
>>8598251
Diminishing returns. Is it better meat? Sure, but it costs so fucking much because they put shit tons of effort into making sure the cows are kept in perfect shape.

At the end of the day it's easier to half ass it, get 70% of the quality, because 99% of people simply can't be fucked to know, care, or be able to afford something better anyway, especially when the "shit" cows the americans have are still damn tasty.
>>
Us "flyover" fucks get it direct from them.

sorry demographic dead ends in the city, enjoy your beef jerky with your saltbae
>>
>i live in a fairly large metro area.
That's why.
I live in a flyover and I can get prime cuts at any grocery store I go to
>>
>>8598273
Not really, he's just retarded.

Pretty much every metro area of decent size (100,000+) will have a butcher that has prime cuts, just because OP is retarded and doesn't know about it, doesnt mean they don't exist.

I live in a metro area of ~3,000,000 and find prime cuts all fucking day.
>>
>>8598273
Thats the thing I live in a flyover too SMACK in the middle of "cattle country" in a fair sized metro area and there's ZERO fucking butchers here.
>>
>>8598248
Came here to post this.
>>
>>8598203
Quantity vs quality
Americans have different spending priorities and overall lower income than is necessary for prime quality meat to be widespread. The fact we eat way too much is a good third of the problem, though.
>>
File: cowcandy6_f-660x439.jpg (126KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
cowcandy6_f-660x439.jpg
126KB, 660x439px
>>8598220
>feed the cheapest shit (aka corn)
Not anymore, they gotta go cheaper these days.
>>
>>8598251
The secret is labor-intensive pampering and feeding them sake. See >>8598306 for why that doesn't happen.
In Japan, beef is a garnish or very low quality when the mainstay of a meal. Kobe beef reflects those values more than it reflects any "secret" method.
>>
I would suggest talking to the butcher to find out when meat comes in. Chances are you're showing up late when all the prime cuts are already taken.
>>
File: beef-grading-us-can.jpg (136KB, 679x413px) Image search: [Google]
beef-grading-us-can.jpg
136KB, 679x413px
>>8598220
corn fed cows have better marbling.. that's literally the point of feedlots

>>8598309
that's for pigs

>>8598248
costco mechanically tenderizes their prime cuts which literally enrages me

also usda a shit (pic related)
>>
>>8598589
>costco mechanically tenderizes their prime cuts which literally enrages me
They do that onsite, you can ask them to prep one not tenderized
>>
>>8598603
good to know, thanks!
>>
>>8598203
Why would you want all that white fat shit?
>>
>>8598611
This. It's like they don't want gains.
>>
>>8598611
That is literally the reason people prefer to eat beef over meat from leaner animals like predators.
>>
File: 1480451737534.png (3MB, 2668x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1480451737534.png
3MB, 2668x1394px
>select is the best
>and the cheapest
>>
>>8599383
Sauce of girl?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.