[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one make hibaichi rice at home without paying $15+ a plate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: fried-rice-hibachi-wide.jpg (254KB, 804x593px) Image search: [Google]
fried-rice-hibachi-wide.jpg
254KB, 804x593px
How does one make hibaichi rice at home without paying $15+ a plate?
>>
It's just fried rice...
>>
>>8596556
Some hibachi chef once told me the secret ingredient is diet coke
>>
>>8596560
you mean msg
>>
>>8596556
All food is $15 a person.
Go buy stuff to make burgers and tell me how it goes.

I'm not defending this, I'm just being honest. It's becoming near impossible to pay for one meal a day in the US.
>>
>>8596564
Lmfao maybe in hawaii. I can get everything for 4 quarter pounders for less than $15.
>>
>>8596564
*if you don't live near fast food
My bad I forgot 3/4 of you can probably walk to McDonalds, because I can't.
>>
>>8596560
Funny cause they call it "japanese cola" at my local places. Starting to add up now that you mention it...
>>
>>8596576
I can't and I don't have food taxes here.
It would cost me $15, maybe more, for 4 med burgers with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
In west virginia.
I would have some stuff left over but it would cost every bit of $15 because the one grocery store here charges whatever the fuck they want.

Burger $4/1lb
Lettuce $2.50/head
Cheese $3/ 1/2 lb (6-7 slices)
Tomato $1.50/2 medium
Buns $3.50/8
>>
>>8596564
3.99 for 1lb of 73% beef. A dollar for buns.
Wala
>>
>>8596590
Guy asks for burger you all that random shit to dress it up. You were at 7.50 before you went all richy Rick on us.
>>
>>8596596
It's just vegetables. You wouldn't bother if your only option was unseasoned ground beef and bread. No one would.
>>
>>8596590
Dude a head of lettuce where I'm from (CO) is 39ยข, I can usually get good deals and eat full meals for ~$2 a day... either you're doing something wrong or your stte is fucked up.
>>
>>8596764
I'm going to Denver soon for some reason, got any hot tips on where to go for a good burger?
>>
>>8596770
Sorry bro i live an hour north, Finleys Pub is good though if you ever happen to stop by Fort Collins, Big Al's is a must.
>>
>>8596784
You guys don't move around much out there? Interesting.
>>
>>8596796
Nah it's just me, hate wasting gas when I'm the only one who wants to go out.

To redeem my post >>8596556
All you need is a wok, a flat-top hibachi stove is optimal, just dust the rice to your taste or emulate one you've even at a restaurant.
>>
File: Ohhhh!_Ahhhh!.jpg (6KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ohhhh!_Ahhhh!.jpg
6KB, 240x200px
>>8596804
Denver is actually about the same population density as my city so I might be able to wing it.
>>
>>8596810
You definitely will, there's no shortage of good places to eat (incl. burg joints) because of all the skiiers (premium isn't crazy either).
>>
>>8596816
So how is your state on mexicans? If I want a burrito should I expect a white person to make it or do you have enough "latinos" to run the burrito places?
>>
>>8596845
I used to live in Denver, and there's plenty of Mexicans there. Los Carboncitos, Taqueria Emmanuel, El Taco de Mexico, and Taco Mex all have good, cheap Mexican food. Tacos Acapulco in Aurora have pupasas, and they're fucking great. There's Tacos Rapidos and Chubby's if you want that drive thru burrito experience. If you go down to Federal, there's a bunch of great Vietnamese places. If you're feeling a Banh Mi, I recommend Ba Le, Baker's Palace, or Vinh Xuong. If you go to Vinh Xuong, make sure you go to the original one in the Asian shopping center, and not the new standalone location run by their son. As for burgers, Good Times is pretty good for a fast food chain, and they have good frozen custard.
>>
>>8596576
2.50 a head for lettuce? Where was it grown? The MOON!
>>
>>8596889
>Vietnamese
I'm good. We got you beat on that one.
Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>8596556
They literally make it in front of you.
>>
>>8597118
Say that to my face.
>>
>>8596938
No problem. I only lived in Denver for a year, but I spent most of that time eating.
>>
>>8596556
If you make it at home it will be easy to not spend 15$ a plate. You make rice, cool it, fry it in melted butter. Throw your knife in the air and catch it, and rattle it on the stove like, "ting, ta-ting , ting" also , that seems to help
>>
>>8596564
Haha are you kidding? You can make tons of soups and stews for under $1 per serving.

t. used to be very frugal
>>
>>8598811
Lol
>>
>>8596556
day old rice, and lets of oil .
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.