[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does food taste danker when you're camping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: url.jpg (60KB, 625x656px)
url.jpg
60KB, 625x656px
Why does food taste danker when you're camping?
>>
Wood smoke.
>>
weed smoke
>>
Wood smoke. I just finished smoking some brisket and pork loin.
>>
>>8595194
cigarette smoke.
>>
>>8595215
this
>>
>>8595194
live outside, smell only nature, work hard and sweat all day collecting firewood. Make roaring fire. Cook your delicious food over the smoldering embers of your fire. Eat under the stars as you enjoy the sights smells and sounds of nature... This is how we were meant to live... why does this food taste better than it usually would? probably for a million different reasons. The natural wood fire is most likely the largest factor however.
>>
food is a momentary escape from the misery of camping.
>>
Even a 59 cent can of baked beans straight out the can taste good camping.

Tried it at home in my living room wasnt quite the same
>>
Because you're usually tired and hungry as fuck
>>
>>8595389
>tired and hungry as fuck
sound like you suck at camping
>>
>>8595400
I most definitely do
>>
>>8595370
>Tried it at home in my living room wasnt quite the same
How did you not burn down your house?
>>
>>8595407
My fireplace has a chimney
>>
>>8595230
>This is how we were meant to live
Literally all of human advancement has been to let us NOT live like that.
>>
>>8595230
We're not "meant" to anything
>>
>>8595389
This. Food tastes better after some hard work.
>>
>>8595459
this.
>>
>sleep in constantly
>forgot to close window one day
>magically wake up super early
I should do this more often
>>
>>8595400
Sounds like you dont cover much ground.
>>
>>8595459
And look where that's gotten us.
>>
>>8596084
Sitting comfortably at a good temperature?

No one cares about your first world whining.
>>
>>8595565
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>8595565
>>8596116
Kekd hard for some inexplicable reason
>>
>>8595459
it's also gotten us to the point of overpopulation, constant threat of conflict, declining employment opportunities with increased inflation and constant bombardment of consumerism, brainwashing and dependence on materialism

but sure yeah enjoy the A/C and 300 tv channels
>>
File: 1478633017512.png (599KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
1478633017512.png
599KB, 1000x724px
>>8595352
>>
>>8596307
>overpopulation
In China maybe
>constant threat of conflict
Yes I feel so much safer when I only have to worry about the 8 neighbouring tribes rampaging through my village in the night
>declining employment opportunities with increased inflation and constant bombardment of consumerism
Yes those 12 hour work days of backbreaking labour just to make sure I have enough food for the winter were full of so much more opportunity
>brainwashing and dependence on materialism
kek

>but sure yeah enjoy the A/C and 300 tv channels

Who still pays for tv?
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 900x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 900x591px
Tfw i go bugging out, tfw it makes me feel like the ashen one from dark souls 3. I hunt mainly small game but there is no greater reprieve than having a nice fire roasting some freshly caught rabbits. Makes me think of not wanting to kill myself... Friends and family say i hunt too much...
>>
>>8595352
>misery of camping
Assuming you're a grown ass man here's a fucking hint retard: don't go camping.
>>
>>8595470
2nd this
>>
>>8596307
Overpopulation is a Jewish canard
>>
>>8595194
Fewer women nagging, possibly none.
>>
>>8595230

Why would you be eating under the stars? Cook your dinner while there's still daylight so that you can see. If you've been working as hard as you claim, you wouldn't care about the meal and would just want to go to bed.
>>
>>8595194
Fresh air makes food taste better.
>>
The best camp food I ever had was a cheap frozen steak thawed in my pack over the first day of the trip that was done in a grill basket over the fire
>>
>been walking for miles
>tired
>nice woodsmoke smell
>cook up some shitty sossies and eggs
>go to sleep in the near silence of the lakes

It's bretty dank
>>
>>8595194
fresh air
cooking over open fire always tastes better
less women
peace
>>
>>8595194

Eat ANYTHING outside, it tastes better. Make a fucking cup of tea in your home, take a sip, then walk outside with that same cup of tea. Take a deep breath, and then take another sip of tea.

Tastes totally different.
>>
>>8595194
because your expectations are lowered
>>
I got news for you: When camping, the sky is bluer, the grass is greener, and the food is tastier.
>>
You know what's good over the fire? Pork Back Ribs. I tried it a couple years ago in my backyard, and holy shit it was the most delicious thing I've ever had. SOOOOO much better than the barbecue and oven.
>>
>>8595194
Because you're usually FUCKING STARVING after the hiking, long drive up, etc...

Also, the weed and wood smoke.
>>
If you camp without guns you deserve what you get desu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2YJ_8b54BU
>>
>>8595459
Early farmers had a lower standard of living than their contemporary hunter-gatherers and pretty much all the way up to the 20th century I don't really see much advantage to being a regular peasant over just living in the woods somewhere
>>
>>8596633
This. Mom's not allowed to go camping.
>>
>>8597645
That video was talking about people literally vanishing into thin air. How's a gun going to prevent that
>>
>>8597808
Do you seriously think magic exists? Those disappearances happen for a reason
>>
>>8597813
What reason
>>
>>8597817
I'd wager any number of reasons based in reality, all of which can be solved by shooting: dangerous animal attacks, criminal kidnappers, criminals hiding something they don't want people to find, serial killers/rapists. Usually it's stuff like this that creates all those stupid rumors of magical disappearing hikers.
>>
>>8597828
But the cases that guy was talking about have absolutely zero evidence of any of those things.
>>
>>8595194

You are in the moment and at once suspended from what's going on externally when in nature.

I always found the food to be better because I was not worried about anything and just enjoying myself.

Tired from activities through the day and the extra appetite that comes with it.

Nothing but the fire to distract you while you're eating so your attention is on the food itself rather than television or your phone.
>>
>>8595194
Fear of Skinwalkers.
>>
>>8597245

I don't like coffee but once I was out digging holes and my boss brought me a cup of coffee.

Being polite I drank it anyway and like it.

Was pretty good.
>>
>>8596330
China still uses natural resources just like every other country. Also,England is heavily overpopulated in case you haven't noticed.

You realise tribalism was ongoing for nearly 500,000 years? Do you honestly believe every tribe was trying to kill each other during that time? No. Read a book and you'll see that many tribes peacefully coincided with one and other

Lol. You act like working for 12 hours is s bad thing. Think about how much time you spend stuck in traffic every week or how much hours you spend wasting on video games and 4chan.

You haven't even provided an argument for this point. It is something that happens and you don't even realise which proves how brainwashed you already are. Also,think about all the things you want right now. I bet they are materialistic desires?

He means how unnecessary the amount we have in general is. We constantly want more and more in this society and we can't just be content with what we have.
>>
>>8598762
>Lol. You act like working for 12 hours is s bad thing.
Yeah I do I spend 6 hours at work a day, half of it on 4chan.

>Think about how much time you spend stuck in traffic every week or how much hours you spend wasting on video games and 4chan.
Sure, you're free to go work for 12 hours a day. I like being able to choose not to. No one is stopping you from going out and hauling bricks. There is a reason people try and get out of that life.

Your post reeks of someone raised in a sheltered lifestyle.

>He means how unnecessary the amount we have in general is.
Because I want more. It is a human desire to strive.

>We constantly want more and more in this society and we can't just be content with what we have.
Yes because being content is the personality type of stagnation. Go ahead and do that. No one is stopping you from being content, don't try and force your ideals on others.
>>
>>8598773
There's a difference between wanting more and striving. Striving means you want to better yourself but wanting more simply means you want more materialistic goods. You say it's human nature to strive and I don't doubt that but striving for materialistic goods is just a self-destructive form of striving.

If you think being content is a bad thing then you are never ever going to find happiness in your life. You'll die with regrets and you seem like a very selfish individual from the looks of your post.
>>
File: 1471997612289.png (446KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
1471997612289.png
446KB, 1000x721px
>>8596321
I just had to post this
>>
>>8598394
unironically
>>
>>8595230
anachroprimitivist get a job
>>
>>8596321
>>8598935
who needs arguments when everyone is made out of straw?
>>
>>8596307
>constant threat of conflict
The world has never been more peaceful than it is right now
>declining employment opportunities
This won't matter once the populace realizes letting kikes own all the resources while giving nothing back to the people is fucking stupid
>constant bombardment of consumerism, brainwashing, dependence on materialism
Maybe if you're a numale who can't fathom life outside of a major city
>but sure yeah enjoy the A/C and 300 tv channels
Beats thumping drums with the local witch doctor in hopes the spirits will ensure only a couple of tribe members die hunting the next mammoth

You sound like a whiny anprim faggot, please stop using evil internet technology and exile yourself to the woods where you can be truly free of the bourgeoisie hell we call "modern technological amenities"
>>
>>8602771
Read your third point,then your second one,then your first one.

Really makes you think...
>>
>>8596877
>t. never been camping
He literally laid it out perfect, kinda thinking it's one of my family members posting cause this is what we do. Firwood hunt, cut and chop all day, some river fun, mom starts dinner whie we're gone doing so and it's ready around sundown or a tad later. Mmmmm, camping.

Plus food taste better outside, no lie. That damn air, yo, especially in the mountains.
>>
>>8597828
DP is right, idiots do say all these reasons, none of which makes sense for the entirety of strange disappearances.
>no blood
>no screams
>no trail
>random serial killers all around in every national forest waiting for the offchance to kill someone, still all points about stand
>aimals give no fucks and will fuck a person up, not somehow stun the person with no sound or bloods
>criminals, drug runners/makers bring attention to themselves by killing peoples
>>
>>8595459
I fucking hate millennials.
>>
>>8595194
Smoke, Good company, alcoholism.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.