[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grilled Watermelon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: grilled watermelon.jpg (518KB, 1600x1200px)
grilled watermelon.jpg
518KB, 1600x1200px
Is this worth trying?
What does it taste like?
Does it make a good substitute for anything?
>>
>>8594977
>ew
>eww
>EWW
>>
do americans really eat this?
>>
>>8594994
Hipster Americans do.
>>
>>8594998
can i try it without being a hipster since i like watermelon so much
>>
Aren't the grill lines just burnt sugar?
>>
If it works for pineapple I don't see why it wouldn't for watermelon
>>
>>8594977
I'se luvs watermelyon anyhoo you'se wants tuh surv it! Oh dat 'er watermelyon!
>>
>>8595025
>If it works for pineapple I don't see why it wouldn't for watermelon
That is a pretty good point
>>
>>8595010
No it's burnt water
>>
>>8594998
how is grilling fruits a hipster thing?
>>
I'm angry, but I'm a little curious.
>>
>>8595069
Because it's new to that retard so they're scared of it
>>
>>8595009
sure you can tyrone
>>
>>8594977
yeah but do it on a proper grill. serve with a mixed green salad with feta and balsamic vinaigrette

pretty good and good for you
>>
File: plutonian barbecue.png (415KB, 627x416px) Image search: [Google]
plutonian barbecue.png
415KB, 627x416px
How do you want your melon?
>>
>>8594977
i have heard it apparently makes a substitute for meat because grilled watermelon has similar texture to meat

i dont know how true that is and ive never tried it, nor do i plan on it, but my vegetarian friend does it a lot because she says its the closest thing texture to meat
>>
>>8594977
It's delicious.

>>8595113
This guy gets it. I'd also try a slice plain.
>>
File: hecame.jpg (36KB, 427x570px) Image search: [Google]
hecame.jpg
36KB, 427x570px
>>8595144
She has completely forgotten what meat is like. Tell her to try it again.
>>
Literally why would you do this...watermelon is delicious as is, this is utterly pointless
>>
>>8595144
She's full of fucking shit and needs to try grilled tempeh.
>>
File: ramsay.jpg (25KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay.jpg
25KB, 306x423px
>grilled water melon

jesus christ
>>
File: 1487134477297.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487134477297.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>8594977
WTF
>>
>>8595575
>>8595688
>>8595693

STUPIDS

Watermelon is the best fruit but there is always room for improvement. Or sometimes you just want to have something a little bit different.
>>
>being this close-minded

I'd certainly try it, what's the worst that could fucking happen?
>>
How have I never tried this?

I have put pretty much everything else on the grill at least once.
>>
Invite hated Neighbors... Say sorry...invisible Hot sauce...

I am going to hell.
>>
>>8595144
vegetarian here
i have no idea why other vegetarians want meat substitutes. i like pizza, pasta, cereal, so on.. cant stand meat stand-ins. If i wanted that, id eat meat. Meat smells like farts to me, and meat substitutes taste like farts and the texture is pretty alien to anything else i eat in a bad way.
>>
>>8595838
Wat
>>
>>8594998
What's the name of that video of the hipster grilling and spouting some bullshit about flavour profiles and shit
>>
>>8594977
No idea about grilling it, but try adding a little bit of salt to the watermelon.
>>
>>8595069
because even a toddler knows it's improper to subject food made out of 95% water and sugar to a fucking flame. the flesh just melt, and the grilled part is pure cancer that doesn't taste good with the sweetness at all. This is is spread by hipster that love hurting each other in public to make a "statement", and heavy smokers with no taste buds.
>>
Just tried this after seeing this thread.
It's pretty good.
>>
>>8596935
I don't eat it very often, but I love a little salt on watermelon. Have you tried it with apple cider vinegar? I love that too.
>>
>>8594977
sounds okay.
>>
>>8594977

reminds me of that episode of kitchen nightmares where the dude made grilled lettuce
>>
>>8595069
this >>8597030
Also this guy >>8595077 gets pegged by his wife when she's not at her boyfriend's house
>>
just add a pinch of salt and grill them, its p great- sweet cool insides, hot savory outside, good eats manq
>>
>>8594977
>>8595144
It isn't really like meat. It pretty much tastes like a winter squash, which makes sense because they're related. People just get weirded out by the novelty of it. I don't think anyone would give a fuck if you grilled a butternut squash.
>>
Seems neat. Will try in watermelon season
>>
>>8600311

It's a waste of butternut squash because you can make such a good soup from it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.