[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LATIN AMERICAN STYLE RICE'N'BEANS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

I want to talk to some latin American person. I'm making some rice and beans dish with some chicken and other shit. Now my question is do you guys cook the beans with the rice itself, like boil it together or do you cook the beans with the other parts of the dish and add them together later?
Thanks
>>
I'm not Latin american, but I have made rice and beans a lot of times.

I recommend you cook them separately, because beans take longer to cook than rice. Cook the beans on their own with some garlic, drain and add to the cooked rice.
>>
File: meo_deos.gif (2MB, 172x224px) Image search: [Google]
meo_deos.gif
2MB, 172x224px
Latin Amerifag here . You can cook them together but the beans take longer as annon already said, and must be pre-cooked. The one in your pic is almost like Brazilian's Baiao De Dois, but they go with bacon and smoked sausage, not chicken.
>>
Fuck beans, those uncookable shits ruin rice every time

Lentils far superior
>>
File: images (2).jpg (23KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
23KB, 470x313px
Rice and Beans is one of the staple foods in Brazil

we cook the beans in a pressure cooker
>>
>>8594109
Always cook them separately. I'm not Latin, but I do eat mostly grains and vegetables.

Beans usually take about 2 hours to cook, and you should ALWAYS soak them for 8 hours overnight. This greatly reduces the amount of substances that are responsible for gas in beans, makes them much easier to cook, and makes them more digestable.

You can buy canned too, but dried, soaked and then boiled beans almost always turn out better. Rice usually only takes like 15 minutes to make to make it accordingly.
>>
File: porotos-con-riendas1.jpg (183KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
porotos-con-riendas1.jpg
183KB, 700x350px
Chilean here
We don't really have rice and beans that much. We tend to have spaghetti instead of rice with it. We add the noodles to the almost thorougly cooked beans.
>>
>>8594865
http://www.quericavida.com/recipes/chilean-porotos-con-riendas/d9677654-8f69-42ed-8619-2b2e79de5ecf
>This very traditional dish is typically served during winter in Chile. Made with a base of spaghetti and beans, its name- porotos con riendas or “beans with reins”-comes from the resemblance of the pasta to the ‘reins’ of a horse.
Neat.

Does this recipe look legit?
>>
>>8594917
Forgot the pasta recipe copypasta:
2 cups pinto beans
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika or ground merquén (Chilean smoked chili pepper)
1 whole onion, diced
2 Spanish-style chorizo sausages, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
1/2 package of spaghetti pasta
1 cup pumpkin, cut into cubes
>>
>>8594917
Yeah, looks good. It's not a hard recipe at all, just gotta time the different ingredients properly, since beans take far longer to cook than, say, pumpkin.
>>
>>8594928
Thanks. I just made beans & rice, but I'll have to try this one next.
>>
I cannot stand this kind of food at all because I was raised on it. Who in their right mind would eat this garbage by choice if you lived in a first world country when options like cheeseburgers, pizza or even sushi are available?
>>
>>8596959
Because people like to eat healthily dumb fuck and rice and beans are cheap, healthy, and easy (depends on the fucking beans though) to cook as it gets.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.