[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get flyers in the mail for this supermarket that claims it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I get flyers in the mail for this supermarket that claims it has lower prices than anywhere else. Thing is, there's fine print under every price that reads:

>Plus 10% Added At Checkout

What the hell kind of system is this? I mean if you go there strictly for the 'savings' and get what you assume is $100 worth of groceries, you are going to notice something's up when your total instead comes to $110, right?
>>
>>8592739
Just buy a membership, you little faggot.
>>
>>8592801
There is no membership.
>>
>>8592739
post the flyer
>>
File: ad.jpg (293KB, 800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
293KB, 800x1009px
>OP is a faggot and won't deliver

I assume he means this store. Check under the Pepsi.
>>
>>8593058
That is some jew tier shit.

Is tax 10%?
>>
>>8592739
>>8593058
This has to be a joke
>>
File: DRP.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DRP.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>8593061
They supposedly offer items at cost, then they add ten percent at checkout. Some items are worth it though. Say pic related is listed at 80 cents on the shelf. You'd pay for it, then your final bill would be 10% more. Essentially, it'd be 88 cents. That is a better deal than places that sell it for a buck or a buck and a quarter. The 10% is the handling cost though, so you still get the state tax added on. Like all stores, you need to know what shit is worth.
>>
>>8593064
nope, it's legit. I don't know if it is the store he is talking about though.
>>
>>8593058
so OP is literally too stupid to understand the flyer
>>
>>59011871
>Somebody pleeeease give tips on making friends in local deli stores. I don't just mean suck someones dick for free meat, I mean how do I talk to anyone? It feels so awkward to jump into a cooking chatroom and nobody ever acknowledges me, and I cringe at what I said and immediately regret saying it in the first place. God, it's more stressful than irl talking to strangers because everything is logged.
>>
>>8592739
Haha is this the first "American" guilty tip oriented supermarket chain?
>>
>>8593082
You don't tip at grocery stores. This is a textbook case of misleading advertising.
>>
>>8593076
Well, it's a weird system. They sometimes have good deals, but I usually shop at 2-3 grocery stores to get the best deals. They certainly don't have the best deals on everything, but the one here marks stuff down pretty generously.

>buy shit that doesn't expire for a month because its marked down as reduced
>never use it

>>8593082
>>8593096
Basically. They claim to have the best prices but they don't always. They are worth a visit, though.
>>
>>8593058
That's does seem like a note-worthily asinine system of pricing/advertising. I've never seen such a thing, and have a hunch my state's price labeling regulations would prohibit marking products in-store like this. Advertising laws I'm not so sure about...they probably have more leeway there. Looks like something attorneys general and state legislatures should consider amending regulations for, because at it's heart it's inherently confusing and bordering on deceptive, when you know a lot of consumers won't understand the pricing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.