[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about gastropubs, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How do you feel about gastropubs, /ck/?
>>
>>8588287
Generally overpriced, with middling quality, expensive craft beers in cans. Decoration is always iron pipes, reclaimed wood, and Edison bulbs.
>>
>>8588287
If the food and beer is particularly good I'll enjoy my experience there, but the bill usually makes me unhappy.
>>
>>8588287
okay as long as food is priced well and not served on a wooden plank
>>
File: treerat.jpg (46KB, 414x450px) Image search: [Google]
treerat.jpg
46KB, 414x450px
>>8588287
>that bun
>>
>>8588287
Overpriced hipster shit. Pub food done in unique ways that are far inferior to the standard pub food it's riffing on in a trendy converted warehouse setting so you can pretend you're someone that should be "seen."
>>
>>8588370
If it's not being served on a wooden slab or sheet of tin, you're not in a gastropub, mate.
>>
>>8588287
Overcooked, steamed burger? Wow how daring!
>>
I prefer old school pubs.

This place, for example, http://www.glasgows-starbar.co.uk/food-entertainment does a three course eat-in meal for £3.
>>
>>8588287
burger looks like fucking shit
>>
>>8588287
that patty and bun look absolutely shithouse
>>
>>8588287
that burger looks fucking gross and dry
>>
>>8588287
they annoy me
just an excuse to charge more when I just want a regular pub to relax.

too many good old pubs are converting to "gastropubs" in order to rake in hipster money
>>
File: The-Nasty-Patty.jpg (59KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
The-Nasty-Patty.jpg
59KB, 600x459px
>>8588287
???
>>
In the US "gastropub" just means a place that has a good, rotating tap list, and serves above average bar food.

So it's pretty much just a normal restaurant for people who like beer.
>>
>>8588287

Who goes to a gastropub and gets a turkey burger?
>>
File: Eat-Gastro-pub-Banner-Menus.jpg (84KB, 923x378px) Image search: [Google]
Eat-Gastro-pub-Banner-Menus.jpg
84KB, 923x378px
>>8588287
They can be good if they're decently priced and they don't do maymay shit such as serve food like pic related. Hate that crap, just use a regular plate, cunts.
>>
The only pubs that should serve food are cozy inns in the countryside

>American '''''''pubs'''''
>Chain '''''''pubs'''''''
>Gastro''''''pubs'''''''
>>
>>8588287
That burger looks fucking disgusting. Where was that taken? Scotland?
>>
What exactly is a gastropub?
>>
>>8590496
Fancy word for a slug.
>>
>>8590139

OBSESSED
>>
gastropubs are basically places for salarymen and salarywomen to get loaded at lunch because they absolutely loathe their middle management corporate lives
>>
>>8590496
Just a silly name for a pub that actually puts effort into its food
>>
>>8590746

i thought a gastropub has a really limited menu
>>
I don't have a problem with them, honestly. I can enjoy a good old-fashioned greaseburger, or some "Wagyu" creation with egg and avocado, whatever, it's all good.
>>
>>8588287
>britcucks
>>
We have a place that calls themselves a "gastropub."
The serve Hamburger Helper. I'm serious. They have a "flavor of the day."

http://www.kickbacksgastropub.com/food-menu-1.html
>>
What's the difference between this and a tavern?
>>
>>8590747
all pubs have pretty limited menus
>>
>>8591849

Hahahahahahahaha

To be fair it's in a section of the menu labeled "Vintage" that includes spaghettios and alphabet soup. But the prices holy shit. The hamburger helper is $7.49
>>
>>8591871
don't taverns have sleeping accommodations available?
>>
>>8588287
The food can be pretty good when you're in the mood for different takes on basic grub but I really don't dig the general aesthetic and "culture".
>>
in the americas we call a pub a bar and grill
>>
>>8588287

that burger looks like shit, for one
>>
>>8591889
pubs by definition have sleeping accomodation, I think it's taverns that don't
>>
>>8588287
I feel like that burger looks tasty af
>>
>>8590742
O B E S E D
B
E
S H A R T
E
D I A B E T E S
>>
File: 1486921486355.png (144KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486921486355.png
144KB, 450x450px
>>8591921

>first the Brits stole shitty Indian food
>now they're stealing shitty comments
>>
>>8590139
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>8590139
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>8588287

What's the point of serving fries in a cup like that? I don't get it. It's not like it makes them easier to eat.
>>
>>8592423
They're stacked pretty high, maybe they wouldn't fit on the plate otherwise.
>>
>>8592453

I don't believe that.
>>
>>8588287
wtf is a gastropub? is that like a bar that serves good food?
>>
>>8592479

it's quite literally a memestaurant
>>
>>8592479
basically a casual place with good food and good beer
>>
>>8592479
It's a bar/gas station, so you can have a few shots while waiting for your car to fill up.
>>
I don't understand what you could possibly dislike about them
>>
delish! pairing good beer with fancy bar food in a dim lit restaurant stye setting yet with sports on the tvs. i love these places
>>
>>8590139
O B S E S S E D
>>
>>8591849
No lie, my very good, very gay friend bar-tends there. If you see Jessie tell him the hamburger helper won't stop him from getting aids.
>>
>>8592506

Well, /ck/, a.k.a. Trump supporters, has an intense hatred for anything that suggests class or refinement.
>>
>>8592555
O B E S E D
B
E
S H A R T
E
D I A B E T E S
>>
>>8588441
>>8588444 nice dub-trips
>>8588445

not defending gastropubs but that looks like a lamb burger to me. cucumbers and probably tzatziki, looks like the burger has a slab of feta or some kind of goat cheese. dunno if i'm right though
>>
I went to one in Surrey yesterday, paid £13 for a burger (just your standard steak burger cheese and bacon +generic salad) and all it came was with some coleslaw which looked straight out of Sainsbury's and a small portion of chips which weren't crispy enough. They didn't even give me cutlery
>>
>>8593597
>HURRRR ANYONE WHO ISN'T WILLING TO PAY $15 FOR A SHITTY BURGER IS A TRUMP SUPPORTER

Get fucked and go kill yourself
>>
>>8593597
There's a a difference between classy and hipster memeish places
>Muh 20$ shitty burgers
>Muh chocolate fed beef
>Muh 15$ grilled cheese

It's not classy, it's what hipsters think is classy.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.