[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's watching the new season then? Watched the first episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download (40).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (40).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Who's watching the new season then? Watched the first episode and though it was shit. Hope it gets better.
>>
>>8587269
well netflix original shows are generally dog shit so i dont know what you were expecting
>>
>>8587290
The Alex Atala episode is fucking excellent.
>>
>>8587269
Garbage. I'm switching to filmstruck
>>
>>8587269
No, it's the most pretentious show I've ever watched
>>
>>8587348
2nd that, i watched an episode about italy and cacio e pepe where the whole "chefs save the world" thing got so unbearable i never watched this show again.
Production value is great but i cant stand how they try to portray chefs as artists and savers of the world&environment
>>
>>8587358
These are all literally god tier chefs. And they clearly all have similar traits. You need to have a vision, I personally love the show and pretty much all the chefs featured have been really interesting and can definitely be argued that they're artists. The only guy I couldn't stand was the blue hill farmer douche
>>
>>8587348
>>8587358
Being a chef is a cutthroat enveoirement. You have to be a dick, and gloat your own work. Its just how the buisness is.

The first season started off bad with that dick asshole talking about cheese in a place that suffered a major earthquake, but the show got better. First season had the best one. 2nd season only had a good first episode, and the rest sucked. They trivialize small issues, and blow them up.

But again, that's how being a chef is. Its hard work, and you only make it by being an asshole.

I have two friends that worked at Alinea, and a good friend of mine is a young chef in his 20's making it big right now in the scene. but only 3 years ago he was barely making 30k working at a new restaurant. its also shit pay. you need to put up with a lot of shit pay to make it big. he still isnt making as much as I am, but is working 60 hours a week. its kinda sad, but I know that he is gonna make it big, and eventually own his own fancy hipster esque restaurant.
>>
Francis Mallman's the GOAT
>>
I love the show. Yes, it can be pretentious at times but if you look beyond that it's got amazing production quality and has a lot of interesting tips and tricks and it's a good look inside the higher end of the industry.
It actually made me want to become a chef.
>>
>>8587895
yeah that guy was the epitome of "only has a temper because he has the power"

if he said some shit to someone on the street he'd get his ass kicked, easily.
>>
>>8588698
super inspiring. i've thought of becoming a chef a couple times but then i remember that i already hate my life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.