[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, invited this chick out from work on Valentines day. Wined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 9

File: dinner-party-600_fzs3pc.jpg (77KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
dinner-party-600_fzs3pc.jpg
77KB, 600x399px
So, invited this chick out from work on Valentines day. Wined and dined her, cost me nearly 200 bucks. Followed her home, got a kiss on my cheek. Wtf!
That aint right.
>>
>what is prostitution
>>
Could've used that 200 on a 3 some of hookers. Kiss on the cheek, lol. Idk if that's going anywhere relationship wise.
>>
$200 could have bought a lot of booze
>>
>>8583851
At least you learned your lesson
>>
>>8583851
You got scammed, women are Nigerian Prince teir scammers. The only reason why is because dummies like you who think that women are money in, sex out vending machines. I would never spend $200 in a women unless she was a prostitute. Do you realize how many free dinners women get every year just going on dates, Ive known girls who would go on dates just cause they didnt want to cook that day.
>>
>paying for women in 2017
Why do men refuse to use feminism to erase the shitty double standards that effect them too? If she bitched about it then you probably could have done better anyway and would have saved yourself money.
>>
>3DPD
No fucking wonder.
>>
>spending 200 on a woman you aren't, at a minimum, dating seriously
>>
Shoulda went to Mickey Dees! Dollar menu, baby!
>>
>>8583851
Dating someone you work with is a bad idea
>>
>>8583851
>paying for it

yeah you really did
>>
>>8583995
Idk. Worked together for a couple of years.
We share same interests, She's good looking and intelligent.
Maybe she won't sell her out too cheap?
>>
>>8583851
Live and learn. If you don't have a lot of disposable income it's probably best to only drop your money on a chick who you're pretty certain is interested in you. If you're not sure you go out for coffee/drinks to find out. The only reason to drop a couple hundred dollars taking some girl out to dinner is because you find that in itself a pleasure. Having expectations beyond that is foolish. If a girl wants to fuck you it doesn't take all that much cajoling to get her to do so. If she doesn't want to fuck you she probably won't, regardless of how much you spend on her. At best you'll get a pity fuck. Totally not worth it if that's your endgame.
>>
>>8583995
This, you dumbass. A co-worker you have to see daily has already friendzoned you. Shes not going to fuck you on a first date, even the kiss was probably awkward as fuck for her, but she knew you spent a lot and felt pressured. She did not consider this a "date" at all, she more likely thought you wanted a friend to keep him from being lonely on Valentine's Day. Sex was not in the plan for her from the very start. And you totally failed to arouse her interests with your boring ass conversation, so she bailed quickly. Now have fun working with this bitch for the rest of your days, you've got 40 hours a week, every week, to be embarrassed around her. You got used.
>>
File: 1431091465430.gif (2MB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
1431091465430.gif
2MB, 300x296px
>>8584025
>If you don't have a lot of disposable income
>>
>>8583905
Because a double standard is the only standard a woman has.
>>
>>8584014
Or maybe she's just using the fact that she has a vagina to get free shit.
But women don't ever do that do they
>>
>>8584031
Was this wittier in your head
>>
>>8583995
Agreed, a lot of companies have rules against people who work in the same store being in a relationship. My friend and her fiancee used to work at the same store but corporate found out they were engaged and made him transfer.
>>
>>8583851

What kind of an idiot goes on a fancy first date on valentine's day?
>>
>>8584029
>>8584029
This is the most accurate post in this thread.

Chances were she was interested in you initially, but that faded when she had to actually get to know you over the meal.

Sorry kiddo.
>>
>>8583901
>women are Nigerian Prince teir scammers.
I am an old man and i have only really figured this out in the last few years.
Its amazing how good thier game is.
Never ever underestimate them.
I wish i had never married or even dated one.
If i had my life to live over it would be prostitutes the entire time.
>>
>>8584039
I actually did once. Some mex-tex dinner, cheap wine. Home, drink a little. Drove to her place.
She wasnt some skank whore looking for a free meal.
>>
>>8584061
Found this out when I started renting a house with them.

"Doing anything tonight?"

"Ya going on a date"

"Sounds nice, whats he like?"

"Mmm, i donno. I dont really like him but its free food soooooo"
>>
File: you.jpg (46KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
46KB, 852x480px
>>8584051
LMAO, I can just imagine the conversation. I'll bet they spent the whole time talking about work. And people they know at work.

"So, remember the time the printer jammed? That was SO funny! Bill was clearly upset, haha!"
>>
>>8584061
You fucked up then. After a few missteps as a young romantic I learned how to deal with them. Charm them by getting under their skin. Be as likely to needle them for your own amusement as you are to praise them. Give them attention sometimes, and make them work for your attention other times. Make them realize from the start they have to put some effort into keeping you around, because you have no intention on just doting on anyone. That not only makes her value you more, but it makes her more open to yielding to your will. And you exert that for your own pleasure, rewarding her with attention and actually listening to (and even remembering) the shit she says. Because most of what she wants is validation, and if she thinks your validation is something special and a little hard to get she'll happily trade whatever sexual shit you're into for that. She'll even love doing so.
>>
>>8584110
Everything you wrote just validates the idea that women are horrible and should be avoided.
>>
File: image.jpg (384KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384KB, 3264x2448px
I had a nice one
>>
>>8584130

No, it shows that you are the sort of person who gives up the moment something seems even slightly challenging.
>>
>>8583851
>feeling like you deserve sex

>>8584061
>being a cynical old bastard

>>8584088
>living with vapid women

I don't know if it's a cultural thing but women are, in my experience, pretty great. I've been cheated on by someone I loved, sure, sucks balls. On the other hand, I've dated some extremely loyal and cool girls, slept with a ton of whom over 80% are genuinely good people and maintain at least half a dozen good relationships with good looking, educated and ethical girls.
I know everyone here is an autistic neckbeard or a poltard simmering with impotent/incel rage so you can just avoid my post and keep circlejerking your "women are evil hores" mantra with the other lonely bastards but you're only shooting yourselves in the feet.
>>
>>8584051
Back to /r9k/.

Yes it's embarrassing to get turned down but it happens to most people. And only someone as autistic as you would obsess over it for the the rest of the time he's working with her.

>>8584025
This anon has it.
Expecting anything cause you paid for dinner would turn most people off when you think about it. As well, if she perceives you as a friend from the start then you probably never have a shot.

If you have to wait and warm up to someone before you can gather the confidence to ask them out, they had better be as lacking in confidence as you. They'll either note your lack of confidence which is not attractive; or, alternatively, she feels like an afterthought since you haven't tried asking her out before now (exacerbated by it being Valentines Day).

Better luck next time, OP.
>>
>>8584130
Are you kidding? They're fucking lovely. But like poorly disciplined dogs they can be awful to be around if you don't know how to handle them. You have to set the expectations they live up to. Let it be the other way around and you'll be screwed.
>>
File: 1486995960820.gif (1MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1486995960820.gif
1MB, 500x376px
>>8583851
Women worth dating don't put out on the first date, let alone the first couple of outings.

>also, dropping $200 and not getting it wet

You 'don fucked up, faggot.
>>
>>8584140
Have you ever considered killing yourself?
>>
>>8584164
>Women worth dating don't put out on the first date, let alone the first couple of outings.
That's so not true. A chick who is into you will fuck you without even going on a date. But there is something to be said for teasing things out a little bit. They like the dance.
>>
>>8583851
>cost me nearly 200 bucks.

A woman’s courtship value is equal or less than the lowest price she ever gave her pussy away for.

After a woman has had a one-night stand
or given her pussy for free
her courtship value
is 0.
or less than 0.

As why would you want to be the guy
who pays for what others got when it was younger hotter tighter
forty pounds lighter
for freeee?

After a woman passes 25, whence she has generally been buttcocked numerous times and desouled, her courtship value is negative.
>>
>>8584189
Disagree entirely. If she turns your crank and you can maintain the upper hand with her she's worth the time. Getting serious with a woman under 25 is a good path to heartbreak, because most young chicks can't keep focus for very long. They're fun to play with (and completely seductive) but not the best idea to take all that seriously.
>>
>>8584179
tits or gtfo
>>
>>8584152
The women I lived with were fun and not slobs. I didnt give a fuck what they did during there free time.

It might be a cultural thing. I know people in North America tend to manipulate/use people more then other places. Men do this too btw, leading women on by making them think they want a relationship, then dumping them once theyre bored of the sex.
>>
>>8584196
But would you pay $200 on a date when you know she fucked Chad for free when she was younger and hotter?
>>
>>8583864
This anon knows what's up. A woman can fail you anytime but a bottle of Jameson never fails.
>>
>>8584150
I have no interest in a partner i must manipulate like some sort of pet.
>>
>>8584179
Sorry, I dont have respect for women who fuck on a first date, let alone no date at all.

That being said I will do everything I can to sleep with a girl on the first date. But if she goes for it there will not be a second.
>>
File: IMG_7209.jpg (76KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7209.jpg
76KB, 750x728px
>>8584140
>>
>>8584220
>Jameson
m8, you buy Glenfiddich 18 years with that and still have money for whores
>>
>>8583851
I took my boyfriend out to dinner spend 150 bucks and when we got home he said he was too tired to have sex. WTF that aint right.
>>
>>8584225
So you're a perfect example of the double standard. Fair enough, as it makes biological sense. Whether or not I respect a girl has nothing to do with whether or not I date and sleep with them. It has an effect on how seriously I'll take them, but that's something that happens over time and has nothing to do with dating in my view. I was dating a few different girls when I stumbled across my wife - she just ended up being the one I respected the most over time, so she's the one I kept.
>>
>>8583851
So... what's your complaint?
>>
>>8584152
This post doesn't make sense.

How have you dated many loyal girls? How long did you date them? How could you possibly tell if you weren't together for many years? You even pointed out that you've "slept with a ton".
>>
>>8584249
Sitting in Aldi as cashier, sure you can afford this kind of money?
>>
>tfw girlfriend paid for our date
You guys are weak
>>
>>8584265
I fucking want a kiss on the lips.
>>
File: 1380681639980.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1380681639980.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>8584273
>being provided by a woman
>calling other people weak
>>
>>8584215
What difference would it make? We all have our pasts. When I was younger and hotter I fucked chicks that were hotter than what I could probably pull now. But who knows? I've been married for a while, so I really don't have any idea what I could pull these days.
>>
>>8584284
>not taking advantage of the fucked up cultural values of the modern age
get with the times retard. Women earn as much as men and they can pay for dinner sometimes don't be a shitlord.
>>
>>8583851
No one is "entitled" to sex.
And expecting sex in exchange for money spent is called prostitution, son.
>>
>>8584291
I stopped dating altogether a long time ago familia.
Enjoy wasting your time in the hopes of getting subpar pussy.
>>
Wrong board, guys. Go back to your sad containment board.
>>
>>8584303
So you're going to die childless?
>>
>>8584311
It's imorral to no be an antinatalist
>>
>>8584311
Lets hope we all do...
>>
>>8584325
amen
>>
>>8584325
>>8584328
Who's going to take care of you when you're 70 or 80? The government? The taxpayers? Are you going to wageslave until you save enough to have a nursing home take care of you or are you going to try to die while you're young?
>>
>>8584336
Is that the reason you want kids? So someone can wipe your ass and feed you? If i got to the point where i couldnt live without someone helping me i would end it.
>>
File: 977eec1a03bfc63a59d57232e841be4d.png (311KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
977eec1a03bfc63a59d57232e841be4d.png
311KB, 1024x768px
>>8584336
Nah. This...
>>
>>8583851
This might imply she's not a whore who will eventually cuck you.
>>
>>8584338
I realize you're probably a misanthrope but that's what a family does. You take care of the old people in your life, you receive their properties and assets when they die, you do what you can to increase your assets in your life and your children will take care of you when you die so you can leave your stuff to them. That's how families become wealthy. Are you a nonwhite?
>>
>>8584179

A woman giving sex early in the relationship is a massive red flag. You're clearly deluded or maybe just a whore.
>>
>>8584336
I'm not going to take care of my parents. And I expect the inheritance I get from them to help me ride out my later years.
>>
>>8584353
Shameful. Imagine if your dad heard those words from your mouth. Your post in a word: degenerate.
>>
>>8584360

Shaming tactics don't work on the internet, haven't you read memo?
>>
>>8584353
If you were my son, and hear you say that i would beat the living fuck out of you
Just sayin
>>
>>8584352
>massive red flag.
For what? Like I said, it's just sex and dating. Whether or not you decide to take any particular girl you're having sex with seriously is something that you decide over time. And you can take your time with that. That will allow you to assess actual red flags instead of penalizing a chick for finding you attractive, which is silly.
>>
>>8584366
I'm not trying to convince you anymore. I think you realize how what you're doing is unsustainable. Like it said, you're probably misanthropic. Other families will outlive your bloodline. You're a hedonist who just wants to play video games and watch anime until you die, or something like that. What is your purpose?
>>
>>8584360
>>8584373
My father has gone over his finances with me in great detail so when he kicks I know exactly what to do with them. He's pretty much taken it as a given that a chunk of his wealth is going to end up with his offspring, and is quite proud of that.
>>
>>8584346
I dont't expect anyone to help me if I cant take of myself and having kids for the purpose of having someone who will take care of you is fucked
>>
>>8584384
That's nice but he probably expects something from you. Like I don't know, you to take care of him so he's not out on the street dying from disease and hunger.
>>
>>8584380
So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.

Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive.

Yea, better is he than both they, which hath not yet been, who hath not seen the evil work that is done under the sun.
>>
>>8584390
>having someone who will take care of you is fucked
Having a family has many benefits. This is just one of them, and an important one. Social security, pensions and retirement are relatively new concepts to the human race that didn't exist until a hundred years ago and they might not exist when you reach old age. Having a family guarantees you won't die of hunger when you're 80, if you raise them right and instill good values in them, which clearly your parents didn't do.
>>
>>8584392
boo hoo african tribes still practice cannibalism and arabs are pedophiles who sell their sons for loaves of bread. White men have advanced beyond that because we believe in things, like family. I'm getting too /pol/ here.
>>
>>8584346

Or you say fuck it, enjoy your life, and like the guy with the bullet said, make sure you're not a burden when it finally comes that time. Do not resuscitate order, call it a life.

Kids are a drain on your life and shouldn't just be had so you have an insurance policy.

>>8583851
You're completely fucking stupid for taking a girl on a first date on VALENTINE'S DAY, that works with you, and dropping anything more than $50 on a first date.

The amount of money you spend =/= getting laid.
>>
>>8584398
That was a quote from the bible
>>
>>8584391
The last thing he'd want would be to be a burden on anyone other than my mother. I keep in close touch with them and visit often. But they would never ask for more than that. They've got more than enough money to get through whatever life has left in store for them.
>>
>>8584402
Jews mutilate their children's penises.
>>
>>8584395
Sorry you live in poverty and have to clean up your grandmothers shit, but Im not worried about going hungry
>>
>>8584140
I don't hate Small Horse Show (fashionslut a best), but you seriously worry me.
>>
>>8584384
Sounds like your father put alot of hard work and effort into life so he wouldnt become a burden on his children's lives when he got older. Seems like a pretty good dad to me.
>>
>>8584419
At the height of his powers dude was a fucking lion. I am well aware of how fucking lucky I am to have a father like that. Big part of the reason I move through the world without fear.
>>
>>8584269
I don't work. I really like aldi though, wish there were some nearby, but the ppl that work there are always in a bad mood.
>>
>>8584405
parents change their attitudes a lot when they get old enough to need you. Hopefully you are also a better person by then.
>>
>>8583851
It's already been said but, why didn't you just go to a hooker dummy?
>>
>>8584487
If he needed anything from me I'd be there. When mom fucked up her back last year I was with them for a week. That's not the point. The point is they have substantially more money than they'll ever manage to spend, and when they're gone a chunk of that goes to me. I've lived my entire life with that knowledge.
>>
>>8584435
Father was a "lion" at the hieght of his power who build up a bunch of wealth and influence to pass on to his children thus continuing his legacy.

All that work is for nothing because his selfish son only wants to spend it all on himself instead of growing it and passing it on to the next generation.
>>
So basically rich boy who doesn't work was trying to lecture a real person on the values of family. Kek this thread man...
>>
>>8584527

Oh, give it a fucking rest. People don't have a goddamned "legacy." Do you remember your great grandfather? Can you tell me a story about him? I can barely tell you jack shit about mine besides he was an alcoholic and a stern man.

The same little shit you pop out is likely gonna go do the same fucking thing all of his peers do. Spend 18 years in education, graduate, and go work in middle management, maybe a slightly better position.

We're all going to die in some apocalyptic event anyways. We're no different than slightly more important animals.

You will be forgotten. Act like an adult and deal with it.
>>
>>8584552
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>>
>>8584527
It bought me a great life, and my sister gave them grandkids, so it's all good. He's a fucking happy old man now.
>>
>>8584552
>We're all going to die in some apocalyptic event anyways. We're no different than slightly more important animals.
Have fun with that mentality. Some people think humanity means more than your animalistic instincts. Your way of thinking doesn't make you an adult.
>>
>>8584563
>Some people think humanity means more than your animalistic instincts.
That's called hubris.
>>
>>8584568
Pride elevates us. You quote the bible while thinking about those poor starving africans. They are the ones living like animals and livestock. We are above that.
>>
>>8584557
>>8584563

Don't get me wrong, I think humanity can aspire to a greater ideal, and I admire people who have kids and raise them to be good people and help those aspirations, but 90% of you "YOU MUST HAVE KIDS" people are either just racist and worried that humanity won't be predominately white anymore, or are literally being self-serving, expecting their kids to be their safety net in the future instead of working for it.

I see parents who quit working as soon as their kid was old enough to work, and then they guilt him/her into half of their income. Or parents who shit out kid after kid and fall into poverty, dooming their kids to do the same thing unless they fucking break their back to fight out of it. What kind of "legacy" is that?
>>
>>8584563
You know what does make you an adult? Taking care of yourself.
>>
>>8584581
I wasn't the one quoting the bible. But whatever. If you'd like to think there's some greater purpose to our existence you're free to have that belief. But thinking we're any better than any other animals seems silly to me. Yeah, we developed the ability to pass knowledge down from one generation to another, which gives us all kinds of cool shit. But I don't see how that manages to give us meaning.
>>
>>8584585
Taking care of yourself by having children is correct. Taking care of yourself by biting a bullet when you literally can't get out of your couch and leaving your rotting festering body for the state to clean up is immature. I get being an individual but families are collective and they can take care of each other. It's not a bad thing to rely on your own family. It's much worse to rely on the state. If you're some kind of rich kid you should realize that your problems are not like everyone else's problems.
>>
>>8584600
>If you're some kind of rich kid you should realize that your problems are not like everyone else's problems.
And be fucking thankful for that.
>>
>>8584600
I don't think you realize you are talking to muliple people.
>>
>>8584552
You tell me to act like an adult, thats funny. Raising children a family is one of the most adult things a person can do.

I know alot about my great grandparents. They raised my dad, because my grandparents were junkies who died young. I also know that they were poorer than dirt, but they raised my father to be ambitious and independent, now he owns his own business and is very successful.

This is what I hate about my fucking generation, they lack any sort ambition. They are content with what they have, making no efforts better themselves.

Dont know where I end up, sure as hell wont be middle management for 18 god damn years.
>>
>>8584620
You benefit from generations before you "bettering themselves", so you hold that as a value. Some of us don't give a fuck about values. We just want to enjoy as much of our brief time here as we can, because this is probably our only ride. And having values is useful if you feel the need for something to believe in, but not all of us do.
>>
y'all scary and have serious issues regarding:

1) entitlement
2) children
3) men
4) women
5) everything

happy belated valentine's day
>>
>>8584632

And wouldn't bettering yourself allow you to enjoy your "brief ride" even more?
>>
>>8584620
You're on 4chans cooking board in a thread about valantines day fighting with trolls about having children.

You are retarded.
>>
>>8584614

Exactly. My dad is an awesome dude, and unfortunately, my mom is dying of lupus. I'm going to be there for them to the degree that I can help, but also, they're not in any way expecting that I let them move into my house, or that I clean them, or anything like that.

Right now, grandma is in a nursing home, and we help a bit, and come to visit, but we live across the country and she doesn't want to come here, so she's where she's going to be, using her own money for it.

Having kids should NOT be your backup plan. If you can't afford to live the rest of your life, it's not their burden to do it. Save the hundreds of thousands kids cost and put it into a retirement fund.
>>
File: muh child.png (476KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
muh child.png
476KB, 1280x544px
>>8584633
Ayy my man u is correct
>has child
>abandons child
fuck values and families and shieeeet
>>8584637
We're not trolls, don't take internet arguments so personally to where you have to disregard serious points by calling us trolls please. It discredits everything that's been said. I realize that everyone's situation is different and if some rich person thinks having families isn't important it doesn't directly effect me. I won't call him a troll though. That just ain't right.
>>
>>8584620

I personally have a solid amount of ambition. I make nearly $100k a year, and will continue to climb in my profession over the years.

But, I'm going to use that money to see what the world has to offer, and enjoy my free time, as opposed to locking myself down with children.

Plus, "bettering yourself" is purely subjective. Do you measure that solely by financial gain? If so, that's shortsighted.
>>
>>8583851
You got a kiss? That's awesome!
>>
>>8584636
I don't even know what "bettering yourself" is supposed to mean. When I hear people say it they usually refer to getting a degree and then some kind of boring but lucrative job. I have a degree and my job may not be all that lucrative, but it isn't boring. The friends of mine who have the boring but lucrative jobs are pretty miserable. And they spend way too many hours of the week at those jobs. To what end? A bigger house and more expensive car? I don't need that shit.
>>
Bettering oneself means putting effort into something other than an endless consumption entertainment and pleasure your whole life. It means being as physically fit and healthy as you can be. It means constantly developing your profession, hobbies and skills. As well as learning and developing new skills along the way. It means setting goals for yourself, and then reaching those goals.
>>
>>8584718
Anime is my hobby and watching more anime makes me better at this hobby. I don't see working out as a way of bettering myself.
>>
>>8584721
Anime is entertainment. Watching anime is not a hobby, it is consumption of entertainment. You cannot get better at watching anime.

However, creating and writing anime is a hobby, you can get better a creating and writing anime.
>>
>>8584718
That's operating on the assumption your future self will want the things your current self aspires to. Take this guy >>8584656 for example. He's doing great, and hopes to see what the world has to offer. But by the time he has the leisure time to do that he'll be an old man. Will he even still be capable of seeing much of the world then? Or still have the passion to do so? Will what he manages to see then have justified the majority of his life devoted to making six figures?
>>
>>8584718

So explain to me why life is supposed to be more satisfying because I grind away constantly at work, with no time to enjoy myself? In order to get more shit? Just like the other guy said... what's the point?

Working harder for more money and working to be "as physically fit and healthy" as you can be means you're sacrificing your relationships with others to work on "betterment."

I'd rather have a short life that was very satisfying, where I saw everything, than a long life in which I focused on my career and health only to spend the final 30 years of my life sitting in front of the TV, unequipped to do anything, while my kids wipe my ass.
>>
>>8584742

While I agree with your argument, I'm only 30, and have recently shifted to a new job with a heavy amount of flexibility. If I had stuck with the previous role, I'd probably be making somewhere between $200-300k per year, but I'm not chasing that guy's "betterment" dream. Making what I make now would be solid for a very long time, especially as a single guy with no kids to need to take care of. I get to travel at least once a month, if not twice, I get off at noon on Fridays, I work from wherever I want.

It took hard work and a focus on "betterment," but it isn't my singular obsession, like our friend seems to think. I'll happily enjoy my life without kids and all of the freedom in the world to find my own fulfillment.
>>
>>8583905
But if you invite someone out shouldn't you pay?
>>
>>8584757
Good for you. I'm in my late 40's and spent the last couple decades basically living out my dreams. If I were to get into the specifics you guys would call bullshit on me. So let's say I've done a bunch of things most folks only dream of doing. Now I look in the mirror at the grey haired fucker staring back at me and think, "What the fuck do I do next?"
>>
>>8584746
If you dont enjoy your profession, you should be working towards one that intrests you.

How is having a healthy body and maintaining physical fitness in anyway not enjoyable to life. Its proven that good exercise and healthy eating is good for metal health.

I never said devote your entire time to work. You should also have hobbies. Hobbies that you can develop and get better at are far more rewarding that mindlessly consuming entertainment and pleasure. That being said you shouldnt cut out all entertainment, it just should be your goal, or take up most of your free time.
>>
my "food that looks like human sexual organs" thread got taken down but THIS thread is ok?

MODS
>>
>>8584814
This should be on r9k
>>
>>8584164
>>8584225

glad to see some rational men in here
>>
>>8584806

It's easy to say "work towards one that interests you" when at the end of the day, you need to put food on the table and a roof over your head. It also doesn't help me that I'm in a job which is heavily in demand, meaning when people look at my resume, they want me to do what I've been doing. I've got ten years of experience, so it's not like I can just easily pivot and make a change. The best I can do is find a job that slightly lets me do some of the things I want to do.

Health isn't a bad thing, but focusing on it as a primary goal is a detriment to spending time with people. If you have a 9+ hour workday, and then 2 hour gym visit (including commute here), you're looking at a minimum of 11 hours left available for sleep, friends, and hobbies.

I find spending time with my friends more fulfilling than any hobby I could spend time with.
>>
>>8584160
>being a manipulative asshole
no thanks
>>
>>8584864
Did you just now after 10 years decide that you find no enjoyment in your work. Its never easy to switch careers, but people have done it. If you have passion for something else, you should go for it.

You dont need 2 hrs at the gym every day. 45 min if strenuous activity a day is all thats needed.

Alot of the friends I have share the same hobbies I have. You can make new friends with hobbies to. Bonding over a common intrest in something grows a stonger relationship than just getting wasted and hanging out.
>>
>>8583901
Knew a girl who had an actual graph on exell to chart out her dates.
it blew my mind.
>>
>>8584985
Nothing assholish about it. It's just being fair. It's saying this is what I expect out of you if you'd like me to stick around and consider not fucking other people. If that's what you want this is what you have to do.
>>
don't try to force your expectations on others, you will fail forever and get more bitter about it everytime.
some of you guys need to relax.
>>
>>8583851
faggot
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.