[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sushi rice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How do I make sushi rice like how they sell in the sushi bars?

Every time i try to make it(boiling it in a pot) it comes out bland as hell.

what can i do to make it taste good enough to be eaten on its on its own?
>>
>>8580193
Well how about telling us how you actually cook the rice?
>>
>>8580193
You Google the correct ratio of rice vinegar, sugar and salt solution to mix into your rice as you cool it.
>>
Chances are you're adding too much water, using the wrong kind of rice, underseasoning it, or overcooking it.

It's also not something you'll get your first go around, and getting a really solid rice vinegar is difficult. There's a pretty delicate balance of sugar and salt that's necessary.

Also make sure you're seasoning the rice right RIGHT after you take it out of the pot. Otherwise it doesn't soak in right and you get a nasty puddle of rice vinegar on the bottom of your bowl.
>>
>>8580214
>>8580207
But wont adding vinegar make it taste sour? or does it have a synergistic effect when mixed with sugar as you guys said?

>>8580205
I soaked the sushi rice(the glutinous one) in a bowl of water and then left it to boil in a pot of water on a stove.
>>
>>8580424
it's NOT regular vinegar. Holy shit if you add regular vinegar, no wonder it tastes like cold ass.

RICE vinegar. ONLY rice vinegar.
>>
File: 1485552312019.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485552312019.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>8580193

1. Do you wash the rice at least 3 times?

2. Common noob error: are you forgetting to close the pot with a lid? Also, never open the lid until the cooking is almost over and you have to check.

3. Put in much less water than you think the rice needs. Many beginners tend to put in too much water.

>>8580424

Vinegar is essential to sushi rice. No, add the right amount, but not too much that you can feel sourness.

Also, glutinous rice? Are you talking about "sticky rice" (the sushi rice) or literally "glutinous rice?" Because glutinous rice is a completely different thing; those are used for porridge and rice cake (and kimchi).
>>
>>8580445

Also, don't let the rice just sit after the cooking is done. Stir and mix it a few times to let the moisture leave and make the rice more crisp.
>>
C'mon /ck/, this has to be a troll. An honest seeker would google "how to make sushi rice" and know more than >>8580424 . Don't fuel this idiot's "you're retarded for thinking I'm retarded" game by telling him how to cook fucking rice.
>>
>>8580445
>He uses a pot instead of a rice cooker with a locking lid

It will always taste worse than the restaurant
>>
>>8580457

I have a pressure rice cooker.

He said he uses a pot so I gave him advice on how to make best of his situation.
>>
>>8580193
Get a good rice cooker and stop trying to cook sushi rice like a 16 yr old weeaboo stuck with his whatever pots his parents have.
>>
>>8580453

A lot of people have questions, but people tend to like attention too (nice way of saying attention whore). That's why most people create question threads here.
>>
>>8580453
>>8580481
Well shit. That actually hadn't occurred to me.

>
Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear. Combine with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Rice should be tender and water should be absorbed. Cool until cool enough to handle.
In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, oil, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool, then stir into the cooked rice. When you pour this in to the rice it will seem very wet. Keep stirring and the rice will dry as it cools.

But i were to make a floundering excuse to cover up for my incompetence,I just wanted to see people's unique views on what 'good' sushi rice is.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.