[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweet Potatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Ipomoea_batatas_006.jpg (17KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ipomoea_batatas_006.jpg
17KB, 220x165px
Other than bakers, fries, chips, and pies, what applications do these pupparinos have? How do you serve them?

>inb4 some assclown asks "what's the point of them?"
>>
>>8579435

I cut them in wedges, put some chicken thighs on top, roast in oven until the chicken is good, then mash the wedges and serve with the chicken.

sometimes the wedges take a bit longer than the thighs though.
>>
Next week i'm going to try putting them in a white wine chicken stew, will post results when I do.
>>
Eat it like mash potatoes
>>
>>8579435
Trust me on this, roast them and serve them with a chocolate sauce.
>>
Thanks, boyos. How long can I expect them to keep? I have a bag that I bought in November or December which seems excessive but there's no apparent sign of spoilage.
>>
>>8580069

Several months
>>
I don't like it very much but apparently most people enjoy them when they are roasted with butter, brown sugar, and marshmallows.
>>
>>8579435
Slice em and use alongside eggplant or aubergine slices on pizza for something different but still delicious.

>inb4 hipster recipe
>>
>>8579435
mash 'em, add butter if you like your mashed 'taters creamier

add cinnamon and maybe brown sugar for flav'
>>
>>8579435
Tbh I just boil them and eat them as a side with some pepper - maybe some mustard
>>
>>8579435
Budgetbytes has a cumin and lime sweet potato recipe that I fucking adore, but instead of slicing them into little sticks I cut them into wedges so they cook much faster. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, cumin and lime deliciousness. Highly fucking recommend.

If you're a purist though I'd suggest just baking them on 450F for 1-1/2 hours depending on the size of the potato. Right on the rack, no oil or seasonings. Fucking perfect every time.
>>
Roast them. Diced, by themselves, or mixed with diced Russets, Yukon Golds, or Reds, or go wild and throw in some carrots too. A simple toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil and roasting at 425 for 40 minutes (flip halfway though) is so good. The salt and pepper mix nice with the sweetness.
I also like using them with black beans in various applications. Sweet potato black bean quesadillas are great.
Don't double up on the sweetness of them. You're doing yourself a disservice not using them in savory ways. Any way you could use a regular potato you could use a sweet potato and get pretty good results.
>>
I just roast them, squeeze it open and sprinkle a little salt on the insides. That sweet/savory is perfection.
>>
>>8579435
Check this out:
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/tsukiji/20170208/
>>
>>8583742
shes beautiful. thanks for the doc, doc
>>
>>8579435
Pure de Camote is top tier

By the way, is Camote not 'Sweet potato', gringo cochino.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.