[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an appreciable health difference between whole milk and 2%?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1486858088617.png (18KB, 616x264px) Image search: [Google]
1486858088617.png
18KB, 616x264px
Is there an appreciable health difference between whole milk and 2%?
>>
The 2% knows too much
>>
>>8579072
Depends on your dietary needs. If you have a low fat diet and a lack of protein and you have the calories to spare whole is a better choice. If you already eat a lot of fat or are watching your calories then go with 2%. For most people the difference is pretty negligible.
>>
>>8579072
Whole milk is usually around 3.25% fat so yeah 1% is closer to 2% than 2% is to homo milk.
>>
Whole milk tastes gooder
>>
They put a bunch of sugar in 2%
>>
>>8579072
Roughly twice the fat, roughly twice the flavor.
>>
>>8579272
t. Jack Scalfani
>>
>>8579072
Easy to find out yourself. Just go look at the nutrition info on a bottle of each. You'll find the fat and calorie amounts per serving don't really change that much.
>>
>>8579272
No? There's a large amount of fat in milk so if you remove that then obviously a larger proportion of the calories will then come from the sugar which was already present. I think the protein content is about the same.
>>
File: Capture.png (25KB, 623x172px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25KB, 623x172px
>>8579319
>>
re: op's pic.
Eh, there I hoped for genuine SJW insanity and it's merely successful trolling.
>>
>>8579336
In no way does that refute what I said. I acknowledged the higher proportion of sugar in low-fat milk. You claimed that sugar was added.
>>
>>8579336
What country is this, America? Where I live all the milk has the same amount of sugar, just the fat is different.
Only chocolate milk has added sugar.
>>
File: lonely-bday.png (268KB, 484x336px) Image search: [Google]
lonely-bday.png
268KB, 484x336px
>drinking watered down pissmilk whose fat content has already been skimmed off to make butter/cream

people who do this are absolute idiots.
>>
>>8579343
>re:
>Eh
You've lost the plot.
>>
>>8579072
"Whole" milk is only 3% fat. On it's face, there's not a whole lot of difference nutrition-wise.
Some people find whole milk will help keep them fuller longer.
>>
>>8579072
Wtf I love milk now
14/88
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.